• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: Premium Costumes

Ken's new Super:

ypmZdtu.gif

The horseshit is calling something a season pass that doesn't include everything in the season. Why even buy that thing?

Full disclosure, I didn't buy it due to the FM parity. That doesn't make it any less bullshit though, that thing is worthless, an actual waste of 30 dollars.

You buy it because it's cheaper than buying the contents within the season pass separately.

JudgeN

I want that Karin, mika, and hot chun but i really shouldn't buy it because its bullshit. Might have to hold out till a really cheap sale.

Mika's costume is so cool! I'm considering getting the season pass. These costumes are really expensive ad hoc.
FYI, The season pass only gets you the 6 DLC characters, a premium costume for each of those 6 DLC characters and a new stage.

No other premium costume is included.

EDIT: My personal theory is that they'll still have bundles like they did for SF4. 4$ for a costume is some EA f2p game level bullshit.

Skilletor

The horseshit is calling something a season pass that doesn't include everything in the season. Why even buy that thing?

Full disclosure, I didn't buy it due to the FM parity. That doesn't make it any less bullshit though, that thing is worthless, an actual waste of 30 dollars.

Nope. Don't have to spend fight money on characters which leaves me tons of money to buy colors, outfits whatever else. And I get 6 premium outfits I probably would have bought with real money anyway. And I'm supporting something that's becoming one of my favorite fighters ever.

Win for me.

These costumes are why you can get characters for free. It's a good thing and I hope Capcom makes a killing off of them so SFV gets support for a long time.

And for those of you new to this sort of thing you are not meant to own all of them. They are pumped out often and pricey. You just get the ones you like. In games like LoL or Smite it's damn near impossible to own every costume.

Only Alex's alt here comes with the season pass. It's just the DLC characters and their respective costumes.

I feel like this is important and more people should read it. Every one of these costumes is NOT in the season pass. Only the dlc character costumes are included.

Mesoian

You buy it because it's cheaper than buying the contents within the season pass separately.

Is it? with the FM parity, it doesn't seem like it. It seems like it's 30 dollars for removing 10 hours of gameplay time from the equation, and then you're still paying 48 dollars for these costumes, 62 if you just ignore the season pass all together.

Either way you save, what, 16 bucks? What a value.

That's some bullshit.

Nope. Don't have to spend fight money on characters which leaves me tons of money to buy colors, outfits whatever else. And I get 6 premium outfits I probably would have bought with real money anyway. And I'm supporting something that's becoming one of my favorite fighters ever.

Win for me.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THE COLORS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SEASON PASS?!?

Is it? with the FM parity, it doesn't seem like it. It seems like it's 30 dollars for removing 10 hours of gameplay time from the equation, and then you're still paying 48 dollars for these costumes, 62 if you just ignore the season pass all together.

That's some bullshit.
You could just... not buy the season pass since the stuff that affects gameplay (characters) can be bought with in-game fight money.

EDIT: Though I agree with you on the colors front.

Adamwoz

Neo Member
Does anyone have pictures of Laura from behind? My wife has made that costume, but she cant see what's on the back of her jacket.

vulva

What if they only define the season as the DLC characters and the related premium costumes. Does that make you feel better if their definition excludes the things you just mentioned?

Again, you can dislike it if you want, but clearly stating and outlining what's included in the pass shouldn't lead to any surprises.

That's some bullshit.

How much money do you save from most Season Passes? Probably about the same.

I agree the wording is stupid but it's just what the nomenclature has begun. They've been very upfront about this so being mad doesn't really serve anyone. You can still earn all gameplay relevant stuff for free if you want and don't have to pay any money, these are just costumes and colours so who cares?

That's some bullshit.

This games income will be these costumes. The reason you can get characters for free(if you grind) is because they are selling costumes. You are not meant to own every costume ever. If it ends up like LoL there will eventually be hundreds. It's a proven method of maintaining cash flow for competitive games and works out really well. It's only cosmetics and it funds the future content.

J 0 E

All these costumes will be included in the season pass? if that's the case it'll be a lot cheaper than buying them separately right?

vg260

$4 USD for a single costume sounds outrageous. Maybe I am out-of-touch with current DLC prices.

Your instinct is right.

It really isn't especially when the costumes are as drastically different from the base costumes as these. Helps that you can get DLC characters for free too

No, they absolutely are outrageous.

They are way out of line with most fighting games, even going by Capom's SFIV costumes.

The last few SFIV costumes were packs of 5 for $4, or all 44 costumes for $20. These even had significant model changes and 20 colors.

It's not clear if they will have packs, but they sure as heck better have a hefty bundle discount to come close to the average price per costume of SFIV, and most other fighters.

All these costumes will be included in the season pass? if that's the case it'll be a lot cheaper than buying them separately right?

The season pass gets you 6 DLC characters and a premium costume for each of those DLC characters. As well as a new stage.

These premium costumes are NOT included in the season pass.

EDIT: They might do bundles in the future so you don't have to spend 4$ FOR A FUCKING COSTUME!

Skilletor

Just seems like you think you're entitled to everything because it's called a season pass and don't want to read what's included in the description of what they consider their season pass that capcom gave months ago.

BiggNife

The season pass gets you 6 DLC characters and a premium costume for each of those DLC characters. As well as a new stage.

EDIT: They might do bundles in the future so you don't have to spend 4$ FOR A FUCKING COSTUME!

I'd be shocked if they don't do bundles. That's what they did in the SF4 era.

Are people seriously raging about the monetization?

"Waah I hate Super Ultra Turbo Capcpom milking fans"

"Ok here, you can buy characters individually, you won't have to buy any other versions, and you can even earn some of this stuff for free in game"

"WHAT THE FUCK??? ARE WE GONNA STAND FOR THIS??? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

There are legitimate issues like no punishment for rage quitting and launching barebones that make sense to complain about, this is just whining

Your instinct is right.

No, they absolutely are outrageous.

They are way out of line with most fighting games, even going by Capom's SFIV costumes.

The last few SFIV costumes were packs of 5 for $4, or all 44 costumes for $20. These even had significant model changes and 20 colors.

It's not clear if they will have packs, but they sure as heck better have a hefty bundle discount to come close to the average price per costume of SFIV, and most other fighters.

With them making all characters earnable with FM it's not really surprising that they jack up the prices of the stuff you can only buy with Zenny. Gotta make their money somewhere.

J 0 E

Damn

thanks for clearing it up

that's what i'm waiting for, $4 for each costume is crazy lol

Mesoian

What if they only define the season as the DLC characters and the related premium costumes. Does that make you feel better if their definition excludes the things you just mentioned?

Again, you can dislike it if you want, but clearly stating and outlining what's included in the pass shouldn't lead to any surprises.

How much money do you save from most Season Passes? Probably about the same.

I agree the wording is stupid but it's just what the nomenclature has begun. They've been very upfront about this so being mad doesn't really serve anyone. You can still earn all gameplay relevant stuff for free if you want and don't have to pay any money, these are just costumes and colours so who cares?

This games income will be these costumes. The reason you can get characters for free(if you grind) is because they are selling costumes. You are not meant to own every costume ever. If it ends up like LoL there will eventually be hundreds. It's a proven method of maintaining cash flow for competitive games and works out really well. It's only cosmetics and it funds the future content.

You know, I was about to write a big long thing about how fucked all this was, then I looked up the DOA5LR season pass cost.

93 dollars.

Nevermind, this is fine. This is...it's fine.

danbooru_unf-p-114049094320055-orz-.jpg

I would like to say that the purpose of a season pass is to provide enough of a value where the cost of buying such is offset by the convenience of having everything. You pay 30 or 40 and in return, everything is yours and it's more appetizing than paying piecemeal. But fuck me I guess, ain't no one gonna do that.

The costumes need to be better than this if that's how it's going to be. Most of these are complete shit.

KingJ2002

The costumes look great... but 4 dollars a costume??? that's pretty steep... not sure if i'll bite.

as for ken... they need to give that man a facelift... bad

Mesoian

Just seems like you think you're entitled to everything because it's called a season pass and don't want to read what's included in the description of what they consider their season pass that capcom gave months ago.

I mean, there's two points of view.

Either capcom doesn't understand what the game industry considers to be an actual season pass, which is likely, or this is just the worst season pass on the market. ::SHRUG::

This isn't a season pass. It's an accelerator.

Are people seriously raging about the monetization?

"Waah I hate Super Ultra Turbo Capcpom milking fans"

"Ok here, you can buy characters individually, you won't have to buy any other versions, and you can even earn some of this stuff for free in game"

"WHAT THE FUCK??? ARE WE GONNA STAND FOR THIS??? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

There are legitimate issues like no punishment for rage quitting and launching barebones that make sense to complain about, this is just whining

I mean to be fair, when you release the game in a bare bones state at full price and then release a lot of DLC for it (asking players to pay more when they already received so little) you're kind of asking to get negative feedback... Not to mention when you release a "Season Pass" people usually assume you receive all of the content for that season. Hence the confusion in this thread.

You know, I was about to write a big long thing about how fucked all this was, then I looked up the DOA5LR season pass cost.

93 dollars.

Nevermind, this is fine. This is...it's fine.

danbooru_unf-p-114049094320055-orz-.jpg

I would like to say that the purpose of a season pass is to provide enough of a value where the cost of buying such is offset by the convenience of having everything. You pay 30 or 40 and in return, everything is yours and it's more appetizing than paying piecemeal. But fuck me I guess, ain't no one gonna do that.

The costumes need to be better than this if that's how it's going to be. Most of these are complete shit.

Good thing they are NOT included in the season pass then.

I'm at work so I can't check but how much do you normally save from SPs? Like how much is Fallout 4's versus buying everything piece meal. How much was MKX KP1?

Top Bottom