• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2 (Working Title) [PS5/Series X/PC]

No mention of Series S, not sure they have a choice about that though.

See how you can pick off your enemies one by one unseen with a mix of third and first person stealth combat in the cyberpunk action game Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2, featuring a futuristic Berlin full of deadly enemies.

I do get the feeling that it is quite early for the game at the moment so it is difficult to know what to expect from it, I mean it does say that it's early at the start of the video but I feel that's pretty clear without them pointing it out. In some ways it does look quite rough but in areas that really could be sorted out in time and I do get the feeling that we could be maybe up to three years away from launch and that they're hoping to find a publisher to support them as the game develops.
In the very loosest terms, it does have something of Deus Ex in what they show and I have managed to find a website now which does have a little more info on the game and team.
Shadow of Conspiracy: Section 2 is a narrative-driven, third- and first-person action role-playing game, combining shooter and stealth mechanics in challenging combat sequences.

Here, players get to experience a completely unique setting in a dystopian, future vision of Berlin, 2087 as they investigate a police chief’s murder; find a missing girl who’s a key to solving that puzzle, and embody Nolan—an elite cop with a mysterious past, uncovering a far-reaching conspiracy.

This deep, cinematic detective thriller puts the player’s mind, body and soul to the test as they deal with themes like guilt, love, friendship, sacrifice and betrayal.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer (UE5):

This gameplay trailer shows only a fragment of what Shadow of Conspiracy - Section 2 will eventually become. Now imagine what we can do with the right publisher, continued support from the BMVI and the creative freedom to fulfill our vision.

Description:
Shadow of Conspiracy - Section 2 is a narrative-driven, third- and first-person action role-playing game, combining shooter and stealth mechanics in challenging combat sequences.
Here, players get to experience a completely unique setting in a dystopian, future vision of Berlin, 2087 as they investigate a police chief’s murder; find a missing girl who’s a key to solving that puzzle, and embody Nolan - an elite cop with a mysterious past, uncovering a far-reaching conspiracy.
This deep, cinematic detective thriller puts the players’ mind, body and soul to the test as they deal with themes like guilt, love, friendship, sacrifice and betrayal.
Developed by Elysium Game Studio, Shadow of Conspiracy - Section 2 is set to release on Playstation 5, Xbox Series X and PC.

Features:

• A true Next-Gen experience thanks to the early adoption of Unreal® Engine 5.
    Implementation of Metahuman allows for photorealistic characters.
  • Inspirations for this brand-new IP can be found in movies like Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell (1995) as well as games like The Last of Us and the Metal Gear Solid series.
  • Explore a setting that you’ve never seen before: Berlin in the year 2087, a cyberpunk metropolis shielded by massive walls from its devastated open world surroundings, where outcasts gather and malfunctioning machines roam the land.
  • Meet the citizens of Berlin, who are plagued by corruption, inequality and cyberization.
  • An emotional main story and hours of extra content consisting of gripping side missions, heart-wrenching moral dilemmas and electrifying investigations.
  • Test your reflexes in exciting combat sequences, and your wits in challenging puzzles.
  • Customize your character’s abilities and weapons for whatever playstyle you prefer, choose from a vast array of shooter, stealth and role-playing game mechanics.
  • Relive the story from the antagonist’s perspective.

About Elysium Game Studio:
Elysium Game Studio was founded in 2019 by Ivan Mirkovikj, who also serves as CEO / Game Designer and Game Director. The founding was only possible thanks to funds by the german government’s BMVI as part of a program to strengthen the german games market, as well as funds by the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg.
Our goal is to create games with narrative-driven, emotional storytelling and graphics on par with AAA productions, despite a modest budget and a small team - a team that will grow with the right publisher ;)
In this innovative Berlin game studio, top quality is part of the company culture as we are developing for Next-Gen consoles and PC, utilizing cutting edge technology like Unreal® Engine 5 and Metahuman.
Looking on LinkedIn, this does seem to be their first project so it really could go either way. 🤷‍♂️

I do get the feeling that it is quite early for the game at the moment so it is difficult to know what to expect from it, I mean it does say that it's early at the start of the video but I feel that's pretty clear without them pointing it out. In some ways it does look quite rough but in areas that really could be sorted out in time and I do get the feeling that we could be maybe up to three years away from launch and that they're hoping to find a publisher to support them as the game develops.
In the very loosest terms, it does have something of Deus Ex in what they show and I have managed to find a website now which does have a little more info on the game and team.

Looking on LinkedIn, this does seem to be their first project so it really could go either way. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the extra info bro. I caught the preview randomly cruising the web and thought the game looked cool, but it is super rough looking. The pistol looks so damn big, at one point the gun looks bigger than one of those crate things he was hiding behind :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom