• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shady streamer 'DarkSydePhil' solicits $1K+ for receiving false copyright strikes

Ex-Psych

DSP is resilient. Like cockroach level resilient.

Like a giant meteor could hit his surrounding vicinity and he would still come crawling out begging to donate to his Patreon.

They tried to solicit for 5 million bits and was really pushy on the last day, they weren't close to the goals though

Yeah it was kinda grimy how hard they were pushing for bits (even making almost all the incentives and stretch goals locked behind bit count) and not just pure donations.

Copyright strikes last 3 months, not 2 weeks. So huh?

I got a strike from Square a couple of years ago and that one lasted 6 months. Got one from Rockstar back after Red Dead came out and it was there for a full year. I'm no fan of DSP, but I'm not sure where OP pulled the 2 week number from.

EDIT: Saw someone mention it has to do with the counter-claim. Ah.

rrs

Didn't know this at all. Thanks for the info. Wonder why Twitch has those rules at all then if they aren't going to enforce them.
I feel twitch wanted to promote bits and asked gdq to put bit incentives in and in exchange would give all the bit's value to charity + their slice

mrlion

I don't understand why Twitch doesn't at least check his stream but they are so quick to ban the SoK twitch account because why not lol

Blackage

If people are stupid enough to give him money why should we give a shit? There's tons of horrible people that have fan bases that look the other way on their actions and still give them money.

Blindy

I support his Patreon with 5 dollars because the man makes me laugh with some of his ineptitude and his excuses constantly in every game he plays. He is absolutely hilarious and is verging onto becoming a trainwreck. The fact that he's really bad at plenty of games and constantly gets mad at anyone who criticizes him is awesome.

He "Put the foot down" on weeb patreons because Persona 3, 4, and Danganronpa 1 and 2 kept winning over games he wanted to play like GTA, Ass. Creed for the Patreon's choice. That's hilarious, he is stating no more JRPGs or visual novels. Now patreon is below $1000

He bought a house. Apparently he's living in a pretty expensive neighborhood.

Even for DSP, this is a dumb move considering he probably only makes about $30-40k/year, and no longer has a second income from his partner. I'm not surprised he mismanaged his money like this.

Nah, honestly looking at his stats all added up including his patreon and the average cuts, unless he saved up a bunch of money in his prime which I doubt because he was too stubborn to open a paypal account when his fans asked him too. He needs the money. It wouldn't shock me if he's in serious debt honestly depending on how much his mortgage is if he has one.

He lives in Seattle and houses there aren't cheap so I imagine he has one.

He bought a house. Apparently he's living in a pretty expensive neighborhood.

He also has a condo on the other side of the country that he can't get rid of. Dude's completely screwed.

Blindy

A fan(Probably this guy named Vidar/Brightsideviking) donated him a Nintendo Switch after his original Nintendo Switch busted less than 24 hours after he opened it. Phil has gone on to bash Nintendo countless times because he cannot make money off their products and absolutely destroyed Arms and will probably give Splatoon 2 the same treatment very soon.

The King of Hate has quite the dedicated following.

So true. He should've embraced that he's a living meme instead of playing it serious

Or he could have just, you know, been a decent human being. He was pretty huge at one point. If he'd treated his fanbase with respect, he'd have quite the career right now. No one would really care that he sucks at games. They'd be happy for him and want to stick around to support his channel.

sappyday

He has the same attitude and personality as Trump just without all the money. But honestly everyone should know by now the type of person DSP is and I don't feel bad for those that donated money.

Atrarock

I've honestly always wondered if DSP had some really terrible case of bronchitis. Lots of throat clearing, coughing, nasal clearing, etc.

I honestly think he should see a doctor with all money he's leeching off of his fanbase. Speaking of which, one of his "biggest" fans got into a podcast and his fan...was truly unstable.

Vinnk

When I read threads like this I fell so old.

I had to look up DSP and also what "bits" are.

Is this what gaming is today?

And OP, how do you have enough time to follow and document this guy? Seems like WAY too much work.

But as I said, I am old and out of touch.

Forward

When I read threads like this I fell so old.

I had to look up DSP and also what "bits" are.

Is this what gaming is today?

And OP, how do you have enough time to follow and document this guy? Seems like WAY too much work.

You make it sound like OP has a blogspot collage of links to NeoGAF threads about DSP.

...say it ain't so, OP.

remz

he wasn't doing anything he was blawcking

he's fairly notorious around fighting game related circles for inexcplicably being an EVO champ despite not seeming to be any good

So...this guy is not only bad at games, but pulls these "emergency" streams frequently and fans give him money every time.

And yet here I sit with mounds of student loan debt. I regret my life choices.

malfcn

His last Switch videos have been hilarious.

"This wireless control is dropping my inputs."

"Now I have a wired controller, input drops will be impossible."
"Wwooow. Now the console is dropping my inputs. Holy shit."

You can't make it up.

mrlion

DEaxGXvXYAAEnA4.jpg:large

Well it seems that no one on YouTube even talked to him, it was a robot....that's kinda strange isn't it?

Every time I watched him do fighting games he seems to lose and blame lag
"Nothing I could do"
"WoW lag"
Or he calls the people who beat him scrubs for doing certain moves

Kureransu

Well,a couple of things. July 6th is two weeks from June 22nd not the 4th. If the two weeks start from when he counters and he countered the next day the last day would be the 7th, making his claim completely legit.

Top Bottom