• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never did kickstarter, but currently is one of the few times I have money on Paypal.
Is there any downside if you pledge from Europe, did they ever talk about releasing the game in each region at the same time?

Never did kickstarter, but currently is one of the few times I have money on Paypal.
Is there any downside if you pledge from Europe, did they ever talk about releasing the game in each region at the same time?
They haven't talked about dates and such yet.

The Steam version should be day and date, at the very least.

FoxSpirit

I am from Europe, no problems with kickstarter so far.
Besides the problem EU people being very reserved about kickstarter.

CTLance

Oh man, I really hope they'll manage the 800k goal within the original campaign time frame. That would give the "several months" of paypal a realistic chance at gathering the next 100k.
200k if we're being crazy optimistic. Would love for that to happen though.

Dammit, the stream is crapping out on me. :-/

"Oh my gosh don't do an image search for her name." I'm undecided. Could be good, could be bad. Maybe even "awesome". I'm scared. And tempted.

"30 and change to 800k"

I am from Europe, no problems with kickstarter so far.
Besides the problem EU people being very reserved about kickstarter.

Aight, then I'll probably pledge for a code soon. With the weak ass dollar, it's actually just a little above 10€ :D (And I suspect at least console versions won't be under 15€ when it comes out, especially with even the DSiWare game being 12)

They do mention on the KS page the game could easily be more than $15 at release based on the amount of extra content funded. I don't see it being more than $20, but yeah, get in now at least for the awesome palette swap bonuses.

Jobbs

Banned
yeah, I'd love to have that hero mode, but it's good to see they've had some nice movement recently and got some healthy funding. I can't wait to play this game.

CTLance

Aw yiss, ... Spongebob. Huh. OK, why not.

Seriously, guys. The livestream is pretty entertaining, if you can stand the occasional attacks of narcolepsy of the poor fuckers. They've been at it for ages now.

Pillowfight stretchgoal at 4.1 million dollahs.
27k left for 800k.
Uptime above 24 hours. I pitty them, really.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It would be really great if this really does become cross-buy on Sony consoles/handhelds. They say they don't know if it will be because Sony hasn't gotten back to them yet.

Voror

Does anyone know how Risky's Revenge was? I've played the original and while I enjoyed aspects of it, it has its issues that bugged me.

Does anyone know how Risky's Revenge was? I've played the original and while I enjoyed aspects of it, it has its issues that bugged me.
It's a better game, mechanically, but it's a bit content anemic. I really like it despite that though, I just wish it had ONE more dungeon.

aett

Risky's Revenge was pretty fun despite the touch controls and obvious budget restraints.

I'd say the DSiWare size restraints hurt it more than any budget restraints. Having only two real dungeons made it feel like half of the game was missing.

CTLance

I'd say the DSiWare size restraints hurt it more than any budget restraints. Having only two real dungeons made it feel like half of the game was missing.
True that. Still, they did state that the game was incredibly money constrained, more of a beloved pet project they had to work on between normal breadwinners. One of the guys said that a few minutes before on the livestream.

Let's just say it's C) All of the above.

CTLance

Their site went down, complete with their hoster it seems.

For those that need to pledge RIGHT NOW: payments @ wayforward.com is the target paypal address.

Also, Linux might still happen, they have a dev looking at the source right now.

We must push little total!

I haven't watched the stream of it, but I wonder if they could get more pledges if they offered that prototype Risky's GBA ROM to higher pledgers? Get some fans to boost their lower tiers?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The only good thing about Risky's Revenge being so short is that they added pictures at the end that you can see depending on how quickly you beat the game or how many items you found. It's like what was done with the GBA Metroid games and it really lends itself to replaying it many times.

Voror

It's a better game, mechanically, but it's a bit content anemic. I really like it despite that though, I just wish it had ONE more dungeon.

Risky's Revenge was pretty fun despite the touch controls and obvious budget restraints. It's also free on ios devices right now.
Version A
Version B
Both are identical, but one is free+IAP and the other is an all-in-one "purchase".

21k remaining.

I think this has been posted before, but on the off chance that people have missed it:

http://www.wayforward.com/kickstarter/ShantaeHalfGenieHeroFanKit1.zip

The only good thing about Risky's Revenge being so short is that they added pictures at the end that you can see depending on how quickly you beat the game or how many items you found. It's like what was done with the GBA Metroid games and it really lends itself to replaying it many times.

Short but sweet then. I can deal with that so I I'll go ahead on it. May go ahead and buy the original on the eShop. I mean, I have it on GBC but playing it with the bigger screen and such might be nice.

My counter to that is that the good Metroid games (aka Not Fusion) have lots of shortcuts and alternate paths and things can be done out of order, adding depth to replays. Risky's Revenge is pretty much just limited to racing through the one path quicker.

CTLance

The little "tee hee" at the end of a level is about as big as all the level data, but it absolutely HAD to be in there as far as Matt was concerned. Non-instadeath spikes were added at the very last second. Proper way is instadeath spikes.

Rice cooker enemy background story. Bad economic situation in the very beginning, they lived off a single rice cooker for a long time.

Certain levels were made by his brother, one of the first things both did videogame related, big page of c&p traps and stuff which they added that to the levels.

The little "tee hee" at the end of a level is about as big as all the level data, but it absolutely HAD to be in there as far as Matt was concerned.
Haha, this goes into my comment above that the DSiWare size restriction wasn't holding back the amount of content in Risky's Revenge (the music, on the other hand, would definitely be held back).

CTLance

The bomb droppers can be killed by their own bombs.

63 minutes left.

Oooooh, the factory sealed Shantae box just went on camera. Sexy.

"Stinky Shantae": Foul smell in SOME boxes back in the day. Probably ink.

CoolS

10k to go with 59 minutes left.

Looks like another chapter is a lock.

I never would have thought that in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom