• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLance

That must be a hell of a wig. Did anyone get a picture?

This one should work:
pea690D.jpg

CTLance

Two minutes.

They put the mic as far away as possible and turned it down, and the ... 80 seconds left to go whooooCRKCRACKLENOISE

Thanks for the kind words and the information, guys.

As soon as this whole thing gets straightened out, I'll be pledging via paypal. Game looks fantastic. I wanna be apart of it!

CTLance

And we're done. Whooooooooooo!

Countdown was an interesting mix between silence and people trying to talk enthusiastically at the same time, simultaneously.

"Now everybody back to work!" Laughter.

Thanks to the Backers.

CTLance

Once again, sincere thanks to members of the team and the backers from Matt.

Also Thanks to comcept and HLD. Kind of sudden switch to a subdued, more humble mood, silence. "Keep looking for other people that need your support."

The event is officially over, people chat with each other, walk away.

Chat wants to see the cake cut and eaten.

"We should play a song" - Guess what song. The Kickstarter Video OST. Someone is humming/whistling along.

Cake renamed to Shancake. Is cut. Matt gets the first piece, the edge, then "cake toast", after that offline.

*sigh*

I wanted to pledge to this. I wanted to support it.

I kept putting it off and putting it off, and now I'm unemployed because of the shutdown, so I can't give them any money.

:(

Good job for all of you who pledged. I'm glad it made it so far.

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry about it; hopefully you'll find your feet with another job, and you can always buy Shantae when it's released! After all, they still need fans to buy the game after completion.

JoeFu

Banned
Really really looking forward to this. Hopefully sales of Pirate's Curse will be awesome and they can add even more stuff to this game!

CTLance

If they keep at it we might still see the Hero mode. I mean, 100k over several months... it might still happen!

I do believe I haven't said this yet: Congrats, Matt and WayForward. Wish you guys the best of luck, can't wait to play the game.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BTW, the last day (actually only 13 hours) brought in more than $90K not counting PayPal pledges.

VphOPq9.png

I didn't pledge even though I'm a Shantae fan because I had to put in $55 to get the full version. Also not a fan of making stuff exclusive to backers, unless they release them for all eventually (6-12 months after launch or something)

Five

Banned
I didn't pledge even though I'm a Shantae fan because I had to put in $55 to get the full version. Also not a fan of making stuff exclusive to backers, unless they release them for all eventually (6-12 months after launch or something)

It's thanks to the backers that this game is even being made. You shouldn't begrudge them a token of WayForward's gratitude.

Azure J

Whoa, them breaking 800K is awesome. Still wish we could have gotten that 900K though. Good job to the team. I was honestly a bit worried midway in when the total was just barely making its way to 400K.

800k is great, double what they were asking for. It's going to be a looooong wait. I understand that the extended paypal won't have the same excitement levels behind it, but I'd really like to see them get to that bonus character goal. Three more characters/campaigns sounds like it would add a lot more meat to the game.

Is their final Paypal total listed anywhere? It seems to have disappaered from the kickstarter page. I'm curious how much further than 800k they got, or more to the point how much less than "100k" we are from that bonus character goal.

I really wish they would have hit that Voice Acting goal, or at least have ordered it different so we got it first. Extra chapters, costumes and characters are things that can be added later as DLC, voice acting is rather hard to sell after the fact.

ArjanN

800k is great, double what they were asking for. It's going to be a looooong wait. I understand that the extended paypal won't have the same excitement levels behind it, but I'd really like to see them get to that bonus character goal. Three more characters/campaigns sounds like it would add a lot more meat to the game.

Is their final Paypal total listed anywhere? It seems to have disappaered from the kickstarter page. I'm curious how much further than 800k they got, or more to the point how much less than "100k" we are from that bonus character goal.

I really wish they would have hit that Voice Acting goal, or at least have ordered it different so we got it first. Extra chapters, costumes and characters are things that can be added later as DLC, voice acting is rather hard to sell after the fact.

I think they were at 811K with Paypal and KS combined at the moment the kickstarter ended.

They made like 10K in those last 20 minutes. :p

So 89K left until the next stretch goal.

The tally at close was $812.

I'm sure some of the stretch goals were helping padding others, especially costly things like voice acting. It may not have been a case where they could just swap them around freely.

If it had been open to 7pm I would have been able to fund as my dad is putting money in my account when he gets out of work at 4 :( glad they got to 800k though which they had gotten all the bonus chapters

Mzo

I would've spent enough to get the physical art book at any other point this or any other year... but I had given close to $300 to MN9. The timing was so horrible for me =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom