• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

Its not going to be Wii U.

Its gonna be either a handheld platform, or if it has to be console, most likely PS4.

F2hrv1c.png

FLD

I was thinking of getting a New 3DS soon to finally play this and Persona Q. A new version of the game getting announced now would make perfect sense. I mean, just like last year, right around this time of year actually, when I was planning to get a regular 3DS and Nintendo announced the New 3DS like a week before I pulled the trigger. I just can't get the timing right on these things. Lol.

jackal27

Banned
I was thinking of getting a New 3DS soon to finally play this and Persona Q. A new version of the game getting announced now would make perfect sense. I mean, just like last year, right around this time of year actually, when I was planning to get a regular 3DS and Nintendo announced the New 3DS like a week before I pulled the trigger. I just can't get the timing right on these things. Lol.

Oh man if both those games appeal to you how can you not already own one!? So many good RPGs.

duckroll

13 minutes. Final bets anyone?

I think it's pretty obvious what it is. It's SMTIV Final for 3DS, and it'll redirect to http://www.megaten4f.jp when the scam campaign is over in 12 minutes. There will probably be a new branching scenario and ending, maybe a new dungeon or gameplay mechanic that "affects the entire game". I just don't understand why they're announcing this 2 days before the Best Price version is coming out.

Nesther

I think it's pretty obvious what it is. It's SMTIV Final for 3DS, and it'll redirect to http://www.megaten4f.jp when the scam campaign is over in 12 minutes. There will probably be a new branching scenario and ending, maybe a new dungeon or gameplay mechanic that "affects the entire game". I just don't understand why they're announcing this 2 days before the Best Price version is coming out.

So they can sell the game two more times.

SMT IV Final, enhanced rerelease still on 3DS with new content, including a fairly significant bonus scenario. Will be sold at retail or through an upgrade path.

NeonZ

Thinking about it, if they could just add portraits to the minor npcs that match the art of the main characters, the game's presentation would improve quite a bit with something that should be relatively minor...

If it comes in 4 months or so and allow for digital upgrade, it makes sense.
Basically selling the budget version at 2990 and the Final version at 4990 or so.

I'm hoping that's what it is and it seems likely, and yeah not sure why they'd announce it so close to the re-release.

Also, did they not bother to announce this at TGS because they felt it would be overshadowed by P5 or something?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Enhanced Edition: Only new feature is that Red Rider and the rest of those fuckers are in easy to find locations with the ability to initiate the fights upon entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom