• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

I call dibs on chibi Cerberus! (I'll do a non-hack job version of the avatar when I get home, don't have time now.)

...Yes, I will be spending time I could be playing SMTIV making an avatar instead. I need to rethink my life.

Volcynika

Use Lucifer or Angel. I was going to use Angel but Pixie is my demon boo for life.

Are there Pixies in this one that I can get early game? Usually I always kept a Pixie around no matter what demon I had on me in other SMT/SMT-spinoff games for shits and giggles.

I want to see both avatar-ized! Have they been made already?

Nekuru

So this is a bit confusing. This has probably been talked about and sorry for asking.

So both the physical copy and digital copy sell for $49.99? Do you get any of the extras with the digital copy?

My newegg copy comes in Wednesday....AAAAANNNDD I leave for a quick vacation on Thursday lol.

Looks like any real play time won't happen until next week

Played only half an hour of it so far. I'm really enjoying what I have played so far. Only fought one battle though. Seems fairly straight forward.

Esura

Banned
I want to see both avatar-ized! Have they been made already?

Here is Angel.

ztGIdEA.png

Will work on Lucy.

EDIT: Wow, that is horrible. I'll do a redo.

vall03

Ended up with the most simple Alice design. I was actually making some avatars a while ago and ended up with around 16 or so Alice avatars lol. I'm going to miss my Linca avatar, will just use it next year.

eShop update is taking too long as usually, its going to be 17 already in my timezone ffs

Midou

I should SMT-ify my avatar! oh wait... :p

Loved first couple hours in this game, don't miss S-Links and I already know what to expect plot wise and character wise from first 2 SMT games I played some hours of and Nocturne of course.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, apparently from reading around... once again MAG build is (much?) more heavily favored than physical build.

A shame... since if possible I prefer to use physical-based MC. Nocturne is very accommodating in this regard so it's a shame this game (apparently?) doesn't...

So, apparently from reading around... once again MAG build is (much?) more heavily favored than physical build.

A shame... since if possible I prefer to use physical-based MC. Nocturne is very accommodating in this regard so it's a shame this game (apparently?) doesn't...

I heard that a physical build is perfectly viable. Just put all your points in Dex since it supposedly increases physical damage much more than Str.

Midou

So what's the deal with stats in general? I know some SMT games seem to push for variety but others favour a single stat. Is there any 2 or 3 stats to focus on or anything?

Actually as far as I know there aren't really that many SMT games where MAG builds are favoured for the protag (Devil Survivor (not Overclocked) kind of is but thats not because physical is bad its because you only have enough Physical Skills for one physical attacker and you're better of using Atsuro , Kaido or Izuna for that).

SMT I & II and Soul Hackers only do Physical or Support Protags. Persona 4 ... Hassou Toubi says it all. Nocturne basically requires a physical build for the super boss as well. Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 are reasonably even. DDS has workable physical builds too.

Goby

Banned
So what's the deal with stats in general? I know some SMT games seem to push for variety but others favour a single stat. Is there any 2 or 3 stats to focus on or anything?

Dex is more important that Str if you're going for a physical build

Magic for magic

And luck/agility are also important for everything

Top Bottom