• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

daveo42

Banned
My copy is out for delivery now. I cannot wait to get home this evening to start playing. Only 7 hours left till I can leave work...

Is Frost Ace an option, and if so, is someone using it?

Nope, its all the demons in this picture:
chibidemons.jpg

Item Box

Gotta add a filler item to close that gap, preferably something worth $1 and has free shipping
This. I just added a USB cable worth $1.99, was too lazy to find anything cheaper.

If you want free shipping, make sure both items apply for free shipping.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Thing is, I would need someone who can crop the guy out, and also, put my Ryan Davis ribbon on there some where. I feel like that is asking for too much.

Doombear, Tyrant Rave, suzu, grandjedi6 and Lin Siniang AKA the heroes of this thread shall equip us all! (sorry if I missed anyone)

Volcynika

For morning GAF at least, I'll mention again that I'll be streaming it and you can watch me be terrible later this evening at my Twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/volcynika/ . Aeana said she'll ridicule me in chat at least D:

Still got many hours of work left though...

SeZMehK

I've been enjoying this game since Friday. I am loving the difficulty. I made a few stupid mistakes and I paid for it with my death. Lol.

GeekyDad

For morning GAF at least, I'll mention again that I'll be streaming it and you can watch me be terrible later this evening at my Twitch channel: http://twitch.tv/volcynika/ . Aeana said she'll ridicule me in chat at least D:

Still got many hours of work left though...

Don't know what the rules are regarding this, but I think it would be a good idea to do a temporary edit to the OP (at the top of the post) letting folks know about your streaming playthrough, as it's kinda of the official unofficial first look. :p

'Cause your post is gonna get completely lost in about an hour.

Volcynika

Don't know what the rules are regarding this, but I think it would be a good idea to do a temporary edit to the OP (at the top of the post) letting folks know about your streaming playthrough, as it's kinda of the official unofficial first look. :p

'Cause your post is gonna get completely lost in about an hour.

Haha. Yeah I thought of adding it to the OP, but I didn't want to self-promote in that post at least. I'm not even streaming until this evening anyways, so I'll probably post again when I actually am.

Frosteey

Neo Member
What does boosting Luck do?

I don't know! It might be awful. Probably affects status ailments and instant death attacks.

Strange Journey was like the one time in video game history this strategy actually worked out so I am hoping for another miracle.

pigz

Neo Member
I'm sure this has been asked before but how is the difficulty ?
I heard it was pretty brutal (hence the OT title :p) .

It can be brutal, it really expects you to stay on top of fusions. It'll be fine for SMT vets, but people new to the series are going to have a tough time and may find it unfair.

It's really no bad at all once you get the hang of it. Whispers really reward well thought out fusions.

Jessicat

Those chibi demons, is Raja Naga taken? If not I call dibs~ I'm stuck on a computer in safe mode without PS so if someone could pull him out of the big picture for me that would be magical~
I'm just so sad that he's not in this game *sobs* Naga is noob tier XD

*edit* just hacked him out from the pic for now, but if anyone can make a fancier not-blocky version that would be awesome :3

ranmafan

I'm sure this has been asked before but how is the difficulty ?
I heard it was pretty brutal (hence the OT title :p) .

As others have said, it can be pretty brutal if you aren't prepared for it. Some of the things added to this game like save anywhere certainly helps, but even with that I've had a lot of tough times with the game. I tend to suck at these games. I'm at 60 hours and still not finished mainly cause the difficulty is quite hard for me. But I'm loving every minute of it. A great challenge, like any shin megami tensei.

VARIA

So, is this better than Etrian Odyssey IV ?

I want to buy SMTIV to get the 30 dollar promo (and I love Persona & Devil Survivor) but after reading a couple of reviews I'm a bit skeptical of plunging into a game with a weak narrative and characters.

So if the story is bad, but the gameplay is good. EOIV or SMTIV ?

Nexas

Well I didn't see anyone with Kresnik so I think I'll claim it. If someone could make a transparent version that would be awesome, thanks.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
So, is this better than Etrian Odyssey IV ?

I want to buy SMTIV to get the 30 dollar promo (and I love Persona & Devil Survivor) but after reading a couple of reviews I'm a bit skeptical of plunging into a game with a weak narrative and characters.

So if the story is bad, but the gameplay is good. EOIV or SMTIV ?

Who said the story is "bad"? I don't think I've seen anyone saying that.

If no one has claimed Yatsufusa, I want it! Could someone help me out with the avatar? :O

Also, I'm so tempted to drive over to Gamestop and pick up a copy to play while waiting for my Amazon copy (and to get the GS DLC haha), but I've got three hours until work, so it probably isn't worth it. ;)

Tiktaalik

I don't know! It might be awful. Probably affects status ailments and instant death attacks.

Strange Journey was like the one time in video game history this strategy actually worked out so I am hoping for another miracle.

lmao I've never heard of this. Could you elaborate? Is there discussion about this in the old official SJ thread?

I'm not sure if it's been taken yet, and I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to have a chibi Throne avatar.

EDIT: Just looked through the thread and Throne's been taken. Ah well. None of the others seem to jump out at me so I'll just stick with Mega Man.

Top Bottom