• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

eoN3C8d.jpg

It begins.

Marcel

Alright, screw it. I'm going to grab a copy after work for the bonus $30 eshop credit. Hopefully the story is good enough to make up for the weakened battle system.

And hopefully there's a path where you get to team up with Lucifer again. Chaos for life!

The guy who spent months taking the piss out of SMTIV ends up buying the game anyway. Shocker.

Tirod

There were 3 volume of Kaneko Works that were released a while back that are full of the old designs used in the game.... there's an SMTIV artbook coming out but no idea if it's getting localized [which sucks because I dunno if I should import or wait it out XD] Someone mentioned it on the Atlus forums, let me go grab some links...

*edit* well there's a DX edition available here: http://ebten.jp/eb-store/p/7015013070301/
You'd need a proxy to get it though, havent seen any webshops taking pre-orders for it ._.

The regular edition is on Amazon JP, just be prepared to either proxy it or take the hit for obscenely overpriced EMS shipping ;>> There is a "complete guide book" as well, just search SMT and you should see them there as the first 2 books~ Good luck!

Localization isn't a huge deal for me when it comes to artbooks, I'm more than happy to just import them as needed.

Those Kaneko books you mentioned are on my personal wish list of things to buy, but I really need to save more cash before getting into those. :(

[EDIT] Oh those links are perfect thank you! Gonna go ahead and go through the process of ordering one now.

You know what I mean. And we don't need to go into it again. I've made my peace with the visuals as well as I'm going to be able to - I'm more interested in seeing how the story stacks up at this point.

No... I really didn't. That's why I asked.

Anyways I feel hella slow. I tried to redeem my pre-order code through the eShop several times and thought it just wasn't available yet. Had to do it through the game's menus lol

The guy who spent months taking the piss out of SMTIV ends up begrudgingly buying the game anyway. Shocker.

I never said I was boycotting it, now did I? As for "months", don't be so dramatic. I've barely even been a GAF member for two months.

Besides, if I suffered through FFXIII, I can stomach anything.

No... I really didn't. That's why I asked.

Anyways I feel hella slow. I tried to redeem my pre-order code through the eShop several times and thought it just wasn't available yet. Had to do it through the game's menus lol

Fair enough. Yeah, I've got my issues with the visuals like a lot of other people. I just don't want to derail the whole thread - we've had enough arguments over visual preference that even Mara would be embarrassed.

Mupod

haven't decided on dex or mag

I tend to swing towards heavy phys but in the last few SMT games I usually just made a beast-ass demon for that.

I'm a sad panda right now. Normally Amazon deliver's all of my purchases between 10:30 est and 11:00 est. But now it's 12:04 est and still no SMT IV. Where are you?

Actually there are a few I know I wouldn't buy anyway, but I would like to at least pick up some of the better ones.

I know the last map in the treasure chain is pretty good, since you unlock Eltosian from Fire Emblem 4 and it infinitely generates rare weapons. Aside from that though I think the only DLC map I bought was Alm's because I wanted Devil Hunter or whatever his class is called.

I have no idea when UPS comes to this area, but my friend convinced me to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion until it shows up. I've never seen it before.

I guess it's kind of like SMT with the religious symbology and so much angst that it hurts. Uhm, well, maybe not so much.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soooo.... currently at LV 7 with 7 St, 12 Dx and Ag, 7 Lu, and 22 Ma.

I've been putting 3 MA and 1 each for Dx and Ag for each level up... the problem is I am not entirely sure this is the right path to take.

Now, what would be a viable build I wonder, and which stat should I raise if I want to make my guy a Magic powerhouse, or a Physical brute. Anyone care to give me an input? I can repeat the game from the very beginning, I don't mind, if I have to. I'm not far anyways.

Takuan

... problem with my billing address = game not shipping today.

Guess I'll have to scour the local Best Buys again after work. Damn it.

Buggy Loop

Is the game released on eShop? It was not available this morning. Im thinking of buying it digitally, this game and FE i'll always play on and off often and for a long time, carts be damned!

Totakeke

I like the most of the voice actors so far, but Navarre's doesn't really fit his expressions.

Less than 2 hours in and I'm already loving it. Too bad I have to work. :(

Stoof

Woo my Amazon copy just arrived! I'm ready to dive into my first (mainline) SMT game!

Also it doesn't look like anyone has number 8 from the chibi list so could someone turn that into a transparent avatar for me?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone redeemed the Amazon dlc armor yet?

Apparently the gamestop pre-order armor makes you weak to physical/piercing/light/dark attacks. Bravo, Atlus

Top Bottom