• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: MS to announce new Xbox One title at Gamescom

Dabanton

Neither system has shown their full hands yet though, lol

Of course they haven't but from the games they've shown so far the Xbox One has the more appealing launch lineup for me in terms of the games I want to play at launch i.e open world action games.

Infamous as a PS4 day one launch title would have gotten me much more interested like DR3 has for the Xbox One.

Melchiah

I won't be getting either console on launch because I'm not in a rush for a gen switch, but the console has really piqued my interest in terms of it's game plan through the future. That's why I'm hoping Sony has a great Gamescom showing so I know more of what'll be after the launch.

Well, it's highly likely, that many of those 3rd party exclusives are timed, like this gen. So, if you're buying a next gen system, say, a year after the launch they might be available on both of them.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Banjo-Threeie and I'll be there day one. No Banjo and I'll be very sad :(.

Flavius

Isn't Crackdown is forbidden in Germany? Would be the worst place to announce it :lol

It's been a long time, but while the first game had already been announced, I believe the old Leipzig convention was one of the first times that MS really showed what the first title was all about...so it kinda' makes sense.

Luke Smith went on and on about this title back in the old 1up Yours days, and his hype really sold me on the title. Second title was a letdown, so I'm hoping this one makes up for it.

iMax

Who do you think will be developing Crackdown 3? Certainly won't be Ruffian. That's why it won't be Crackdown 3.

ekim

I wonder who's the developer? Ruffian Games?

http://www.ruffiangames.com/2013/03/11/ruffians-new-thing-2/

As you may know it’s been a fair while since we finished work on Crackdown 2. So, to kick things off we should probably get one thing out of the way right now.

We’re not working on Crackdown 3!

I know, I know it’s as shocking as finding out your favourite Lasagne is chock-a-block with Red Rum’s offspring. The thing is it’s simply not an offer that’s on our production table right now, so rather than dwell on this lets get back to the real story here.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Well according to a rumour on here a while ago, the "games for gold" were going to be crackdown and dead rising 2 for this month, the first one did turn out to be crackdown, so possibly both games this month are brand awareness for dead rising 3 and crackdown 3?

It will be Fable. If my memory serves me right Fable III was also announced at Gamescom. Lionhead is european studio so they announce their games at Gamescom.

shandy706

I also want Crackdown 3!!

Queue the trolls to chime in with Negative "LOL, we already knew it was Crackdown, lame" posts when it's shown.

If its anything like the first, it should be awesome. Hopefully we'll have more abilities to power up alongside leaping entire buildings.

Flavius

Love how folks continue to post that very particularly worded statement from Ruffian.

I'm not saying it IS Ruffian, but let's think about this for a bit...MS invested in the creation of that studio (and took some shit for it) for the specific purpose of continuing the Crackdown franchise. Development on Crackdown 2 was, what, about a year? How much sense does it make to pull together most of the peeps (minus Dave Jones) in key positions on the first title, quickly jam through a sequel, and then abandon the franchise?

Makes about as much sense as handing it over to another developer. The game is definitely coming.

I would hope for more than just one title.
Hoping to see something from Rare (either a new ip not using Kinect or Conker) and other studios (robot maybe?).

Chokomofo

Banned
With the 180, Microsoft has actually done very well on selling me a console... unfortunately I'm buying a PS4 first, but I am super interested in the X1 now, and every thing I've heard about it since the 180 has been better and better news.

Good on them. I'm glad to see them bouncing back, and continuing to battle.

Hindle

Banned
Black Tusk won't officially reveal thier game until next year or possibly later. I'm expecting a Winter 2015 release as well.

Smart money is on Crackdown which I would be super hyped for.

Also would really like to see what Lionhead is up to. They need a redemption after the last few games (3, Heroes, The Journey).

Top Bottom