• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: MS to announce new Xbox One title at Gamescom

untitled4mqbu.png

:eek:

Artoon still exist?

It only has 2 more exclusives than PS4 at launch

Is that really how people think? launch day and thats all that matters? Think life of the system...hell think first year of the system. PS4 will have more exclusives in the first year of the system than xbox....and if its like last gen..will for sure out do them the entire generation.

I mean look at this year...seems like the 360 hasnt gotten much...where as the ps3 seems to get quite a few exclusives this year.

Miles X

Is that really how people think? launch day and thats all that matters? Think life of the system...hell think first year of the system. PS4 will have more exclusives in the first year of the system than xbox....and if its like last gen..will for sure out do them the entire generation.

I mean look at this year...seems like the 360 hasnt gotten much...where as the ps3 seems to get quite a few exclusives this year.

The real way people should be thinking is quality over quantity, and that is subjective.

Drek

The real way people should be thinking is quality over quantity, and that is subjective.

Quality is not subjective. Taste is subjective.

For example, it's a fact that Crackdown 1 was a far better quality game than Crackdown 2. It's a matter of personal taste for someone to like Crackdown 2, or maybe even like it more than Crackdown 1. But any objective person with an eye for game design quality can see that Crackdown 1 is an inherently better game.

Crackdown, Fable, or another new Rare title. I'll be skeptical of all three because I don't trust MS' ability to pick a studio for the first one, the direction Lionhead has taken the franchise for the second, or Rare's ability to deliver top tier games for the third.

Miles X

Quality is not subjective. Taste is subjective.

For example, it's a fact that Crackdown 1 was a far better quality game than Crackdown 2. It's a matter of personal taste for someone to like Crackdown 2, or maybe even like it more than Crackdown 1. But any objective person with an eye for game design quality can see that Crackdown 1 is an inherently better game.

Crackdown, Fable, or another new Rare title. I'll be skeptical of all three because I don't trust MS' ability to pick a studio for the first one, the direction Lionhead has taken the franchise for the second, or Rare's ability to deliver top tier games for the third.

There is no set benchmark, the two go hand in hand. Some games are arguably incredible and some crap but there is a lot in between that is debatable.

Miles X

I'm surprised it's just one game, hopefully they surprise us with more.

We've seen very very dew kinect games, where is Good Science, Big Park and their new studios? They've not put out games in a couple of years and Kinect games aren't exctly demanding, they should have something to show :S

Lionhead and Rare should have stuff too.

Perhaps they wanna save it for E3 2014

I tried Crackdown since it is free on Xbox Live, and tbh...it's awful. I just don't like it at all. If they reveal a new title, I hope it's a brand new IP.

Edit: If it is more info on Black Tusk's game, I'd be super pleased.

jackrubyn

Damn, I'd forgotten about Crackdown 3. I knew there was a reason why making the switch from Xbox to PS wasn't as easy as I had tried to tell myself.

watership

I tried Crackdown since it is free on Xbox Live, and tbh...it's awful. I just don't like it at all. If they reveal a new title, I hope it's a brand new IP.

What's Awful about it? Did you throw a car at bunch of dudes? Jump over buildings? Did you not get excited when you heard an orb sound? I do not understand.

Drek

There is no set benchmark, the two go hand in hand. Some games are arguably incredible and some crap but there is a lot in between that is debatable.

Just because something isn't binary doesn't mean it's subjective. Quality is a gradient, with the peak values constantly moving further up to new heights as the best developers raise the bar.

Miles X

How many does that leave them to announce for 2014? Won't they be thin for VGAs and E3 next year?

VGA's lol

E3 2014 will be Full Halo unveil, Black Tusk, Fable IV/MMO, Rare, Good Science, Big Park and other Kinect stuff, perhaps their MS Victoria Studio game, Twisted Pixels next game and some contracted third party stuff.

nib95

Banned
How many does that leave them to announce for 2014? Won't they be thin for VGAs and E3 next year?

Maybe on new announcements, but they can show more of what they have.

Anyway, guesses to this game..

Crackdown
Blinx
Left for Dead
Perfect Dark
Fable
PGR

Hindle

Banned
VGA's lol

E3 2014 will be Full Halo unveil, Black Tusk, Fable IV/MMO, Rare, Good Science, Big Park and other Kinect stuff, perhaps their MS Victoria Studio game, Twisted Pixels next game and some contracted third party stuff.

I think Epic could be at E3 next year, assuming they're making a new exclusive for MS. Plus, I think they'll have some Japanese games along the lines of Lost Odyesy.

Melchiah

Maybe on new announcements, but they can show more of what they have.

Anyway, guesses to this game..

Crackdown
Blinx
Left for Dead
Perfect Dark
Fable
PGR

I really hope Valve will release the possible sequel on other platforms as well.

Miles X

Epic, assuming they're making a new exclusive for MS. Plus, I think they'll have some Japanese games along the lines of Lost Odyesy.

We won't see Gears/Epic until E3 2015. Black Tusk and Halo is more than enough for shooter blockbusters.

Also I think MS Osaka will announce their games at TGS rather than E3.

Along with Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break I think they're going to have a solid E3.

A new Crackdown would be awesome, I just hope it won't be Kinect based.

It's so annoying when people say this anytime an Xbox exclusive is teased...
Tell me how Crackdown could possibly be a Kinect game? How the hell would that work???
It won't be a Kinect game.

Anyway, I'm really stoked for Crackdown 3.
I wonder who would be making it... Volition? Avalanche? Microsoft Victoria?

Marleyman

Banned
It's so annoying when people say this anytime an Xbox exclusive is teased...
Tell me how Crackdown could possibly be a Kinect game? How the hell would that work???
It won't be a Kinect game.

Anyway, I'm really stoked for Crackdown 3.
I wonder who would be making it... Volition? Avalanche? Microsoft Victoria?

This is so god damn annoying; so true.

Barzul

Can anyone link to the post cboat made on Black Tusks game? (seen several people mention it) I'm browsing gaf on my phone and can't seem to find it.

Top Bottom