• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: MS to announce new Xbox One title at Gamescom

Black Tusk's Perfect Dark. Bring it!

Black Tusk's game has already been "revealed."
Also it's not PD since they already said it's a new IP.

Looks more like a 3rd person stealth game to me based on the teaser.
Stealth is undergoing a revival and surely Microsoft wants in on that, just like the fighting game genre.

Hindle

Banned
Black Tusk's game has already been "revealed."
Also it's not PD since they already said it's a new IP.

Looks more like a 3rd person stealth game to me based on the teaser.
Stealth is undergoing a revival and surely Microsoft wants in on that, just like the fighting game genre.

I think he means it's a take on the spy genre. Bad news for Perfect Dark if true, as I can't see MS making two spy themed games.

Basically they'll never make another PD if Black Tusk are making a big budget new Spy IP.

I think he means it's a take on the spy genre. Bad news for Perfect Dark if true, as I can't see MS making two spy themed games.

Basically they'll never make another PD if Black Tusk are making a big budget new Spy IP.

Considering the quality of PD Zero, maybe that's a good thing...

I'm surprised it's just one game, hopefully they surprise us with more.

We've seen very very dew kinect games, where is Good Science, Big Park and their new studios? They've not put out games in a couple of years and Kinect games aren't exctly demanding, they should have something to show :S

Lionhead and Rare should have stuff too.

Perhaps they wanna save it for E3 2014

If you believe insiders that say indie self publishing was Ms plan all along, Ms intended to only talk about kinect games and features a lot closer to launch.

Another exclusive game for the Xbox One!

More bad news for the ps4 :(
What?

I still maintain there's huge potential in that series. But it's likely to be dead and it's also likely we are getting a spy game anyway so yea you're probabily right.

If anything, it would probably be a total reboot like Tomb Raider 2012 rather than a sequel.
And if that's the case, it could be a long wait, seeing how long it took KI to get a reboot.

harSon

Banned
Just to get an idea of what to potentially look to within the near and distant future:

Considering the fact that Rare is not developing Killer Instinct, Rare still has 1-2 projects in development considering they're a 2-3 team studio (Kinect Rivals being the only game they've announced and are developing). Lionhead has yet to announce a game for the XB1 and they're a 2-3 team studio. One of their teams is obviously working on Fable Anniversary though, but outside of their lesser Fable games which were done by the Kinect studios, they haven't released a game since 2010. We've yet to hear anything from Microsoft's new AAA studios, Microsoft Studios Victoria and Microsoft Studios Osaka. Crackdown is likely considering everything else on that Dashboard screenshot from the Xbox One unveiling has turned out to be an actual project, and with Spencer sporting the shirt on Jimmy Fallon, it's basically an ill kept secret at this point. Who it's being developed by is a complete mystery though, but hopefully it's a competent studio and not a shameless cash grab.

And from their smaller/Kinect/XBLA studios, we still don't know what Big Park, Good Science, Twisted Pixel (do they have a 2nd team?), Soho, Platform Next Studios, LIFT London, and Press Play (do they have a 2nd team?) are doing for Next Gen. Some of these, like LIFT London, are relatively new, so their games may or may not be ready for public consumption.

Undead Labs' (State of Decay) next game is probably a ways away from completion, but I personally can't wait for it. Certain Affinity (Halo Anniversary) and Playground Games (Forza Horizon? We know they're working on something Forza related for the One, so Horizon is likely) are some other 2nd party possibilities. And there's definitely more Gears of Wars to be had, since apparently Gears of War Judgement is supposed to be a trilogy:

jb0YNMw88axrUK.png

There's obviously the chance for further 3rd party exclusives, and unforseen 2nd party offerings, but that's pretty much impossible to forsee.

RdN

It's Crackdown 3, and they'll open by saying "X million people downloaded the original Crackdown free earlier this month..."

ShapeGSX

I tried Crackdown since it is free on Xbox Live, and tbh...it's awful. I just don't like it at all. If they reveal a new title, I hope it's a brand new IP.

Crackdown is one of my top games this generation, if not the top. I've been watching my son play it this week, and I'm getting the urge to start over and find all those orbs again.

harSon

Banned
I really hope it's a new Perfect Dark.

I kind of want it to be passed off though. Sort of what they did with Killer Instict, except to a more established studio. I'd rather Rare naturally come up with games they're comfortable creating, instead of forcing themselves to embody the sensibilities of a previous generation that they're no longer tied too. I feel the same way about all of their classic IPs. If they feel they can do them justice without abandoning their current identity, then great, if not, then I'd prefer they be passed off to someone who can do them justice or put onto the backburner until someone arises who can.

I'd love a Perfect Dark game created by 343 industries, that's darker in tone and more cyberpunk thematically and visually.

It's so annoying when people say this anytime an Xbox exclusive is teased...
Tell me how Crackdown could possibly be a Kinect game? How the hell would that work???
It won't be a Kinect game.

Anyway, I'm really stoked for Crackdown 3.
I wonder who would be making it... Volition? Avalanche? Microsoft Victoria?

It's simple. Change the gameplay entirely to fit Kinect.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Had better be Crackdown, or Perfect Dark 64-2.

Also, they need to show an In-Engine teaser of Halo 5. The E3 trailer was the very first Halo trailer of all time that really did nothing for me.

How is this shocking. There was still games, new ips, they have yet to announce so this.. Isn't so shocking. I know it's definitely that Black Tusk game that looked like Splinter Cell at the original Event.

ekim

How is this shocking. There was still games, new ips, they have yet to announce so this.. Isn't so shocking. I know it's definitely that Black Tusk game that looked like Splinter Cell at the original Event.

You will learn the true meaning of shocking news soon enough, Junior. :p

Majanew

Banned
Crackdown 3 would be awesome. I've been replaying Crackdown since it went free and it's still fun just running around hunting orbs and killing bad guys. And the draw distance still impresses.

imtehman

Banned
eh, dont get the love for banjo or crackdown.

I hope its a first party JRPG.

its evident both next gen systems are starving for those kind of games

MoneyHats

Banned
I never played Crackdown 2 but I loved Crackdown 1, it was a pleasant surprise, I was hooked searching for every Orb in the city. The only thing bad about it was that the bosses weren't challenging enough, all that power with no one to test it :(

Trose

Neo Member
I hope Sony has another solid launch title to announce. I'm not that excited about Drive Club and Knack.

But, yeah, I'm putting my money on Crackdown 3 for Xbox One.

Silky

Banned
Crackdown 3
Next Rare IP/Banjo-Kazooie 3
Fable IV
Black Tusk IP
BRUTE FORCE 2

on a list of most likely, to never will happen frowny face :(

Top Bottom