• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: MS to announce new Xbox One title at Gamescom

TriGen

I want Fable. I may have left the series after 2, but I still want to see a next-gen Fable. Plus, there haven't been any first-party RPGs announced for XBO or PS4, so I'll take it.

Amir0x

Banned
Gotta be Crackdown 3. That and maybe one other title is the last of the big 15 first year exclusives from Microsoft.

Miles X

Gotta be Crackdown 3. That and maybe one other title is the last of the big 15 first year exclusives from Microsoft.

There is more to be unveiled than a couple. Good Science, Big Park and Lionhead will for sure release something before 2015.

Amir0x

Banned
There is more to be unveiled than a couple. Good Science, Big Park and Lionhead will for sure release something before 2015.

All I am going off of is Microsoft's list. They said 15 first year exclusives from Microsoft Game Studios (published or developed), so I am following that word. Based on that word, we know of almost all of their first year exclusives save Crackdown 3 and maybe one other. While I have no friggin' clue who "Big Park" and "Good Science" are, I am sure that Microsoft will wait til they show their 15 first year exclusives before demonstrating titles that won't be making it within that first year (other than Black Tusk title, do they really want to start dripping out more titles that no one will see until 2015?).

Miles X

All I am going off of is Microsoft's list. They said 15 first year exclusives from Microsoft Game Studios (published or developed), so I am following that word. Based on that word, we know of almost all of their first year exclusives. While I have no friggin' clue who "Big Park" and "Good Science" are, I am sure that Microsoft will wait til they show their 15 first year exclusives before demonstrating titles that won't be making it within that first year (other than Black Tusk title, do they really want to start dripping out more titles that no one will see until 2015?).

Their wording has been very confusing (what's new) I've heard exclusives, and I've heard published, then I've heard Phil Spencer say "Just what I'm in charge of, first parties"

They did say more than, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sunset Overdrive was 2015.

I just think there are some studios that will have stuff out faster than that. Lionhead, Rare, Good Science, Big Park and Lift London, then there is stuff from second parties, Forza Horizon, Crackdown 3 ect.

Not to mention they're launching in Japan in 2014 so I'm sure they will want at least one of Microsoft Osaka's two projects ready to go for launch.

derFeef

While I would love some Crackdown or Banjo, I would also love some new IP covering new grounds for Microsoft, but that should have been at E3 I guess.

I think Marc's tweet that he finished crackdown 3 times was telling.

Haha, yeah, also took that as a hint.

harSon

Banned
All I am going off of is Microsoft's list. They said 15 first year exclusives from Microsoft Game Studios (published or developed), so I am following that word. Based on that word, we know of almost all of their first year exclusives save Crackdown 3 and maybe one other. While I have no friggin' clue who "Big Park" and "Good Science" are, I am sure that Microsoft will wait til they show their 15 first year exclusives before demonstrating titles that won't be making it within that first year (other than Black Tusk title, do they really want to start dripping out more titles that no one will see until 2015?).

They actually didn't clarify whether it was published or developed from what I remember, simply that they were A) MGS B) Xbox One (only) games C) Exclusive and D) Coming out within the first year.

Amir0x

Banned
They actually didn't clarify whether it was published or developed from what I remember, simply that they were A) MGS B) Xbox One (only) games C) Exclusive and D) Coming out within the first year.

It's published and developed. We know that since they have discussed several games that they're only publishing as being part of that list of first year exclusives.

With that criteria, we know almost all of the 15 first year exclusives. They had to do that in order to stem the tide of overwhelming negativity they were facing. This story is as old as time at this point. It's why self-publishing WAS going to be one of their major Gamescom announcement... because they milked most of their announcements.

Miles X

It's published and developed. We know that since they have discussed several games that they're only publishing as being part of that list of first year exclusives.

With that criteria, we know almost all of the 15 first year exclusives. They had to do that in order to stem the tide of overwhelming negativity they were facing. This story is as old as time at this point. It's why self-publishing WAS going to be one of their major Gamescom announcement... because they milked most of their announcements.

Then there is 17 and counting if it's published.

Sorry don't buy it, Phil said first party and the numbers better align with that.

Hindle

Banned

There will be more games coming for 2014. Fable, Forza Horizon 2, and Crackdown are all likely.

I think theyll release several new XBLA games as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick question about Crackdown. Seeing a lot of guesses for it but didn't they say that they're looking for a studio willing to do it? It could be a long way off if that's the case.

harSon

Banned

Have any examples? I've seen the quote refer to everything from encompassing only internally developed games, to everything published by MGS.

Quick question about Crackdown. Seeing a lot of guesses for it but didn't they say that they're looking for a studio willing to do it? It could be a long way off if that's the case.

Could be anyone. No one could have guessed Double Helix doing a new Killer Instinct.
My guess is that they hired a very capable but not so well-known developer who has a passion for the franchise. (Certain Affinity for example)
It could even be one of Microsoft new un-named first party studios.

Hindle

Banned
The developers behind Mark of the Ninja and Max Curse of the Brotherhood. Is it possible these guys could have new games out next year?

Miles X

The developers behind Mark of the Ninja and Max Curse of the Brotherhood. Is it possible these guys could have new games out next year?

Max Curse of Brotherhood is on Xbox One. Another exclusive for launch actually, flying under the radar a bit. I'd imagine Twisted Pixel and Press Play will have a game in Summer of Arcade 2015.

Leflus

Klei is working on Incognita and the PS4-version of Don't Starve.

PressPlay hasn't announced anything new, but I'm guessing that their next game after Max will be a mobile/win8 game.

Hindle

Banned
Klei is working on Incognita and the PS4-version of Don't Starve.

PressPlay hasn' announced anything new, but I'm guessing that their next game after Max will be a mobile/win8 game.

Dam. I was hoping both devs have more then one team who are working on sequels to thier respected games.

fruiteater

Neo Member
im betting crackdown 3, but if its something as unlikely as a rare made banjo kazooie sequel or godforbid a Jet Force Gemini 2, Xbone will go from, i dont care about it at all..too. take my moniez naw,.

Wouldn't everyone? How about a sequel to Breakdown. Hahaha

You sonofabitch. It'll happen, just you wait. Oh yes, it will happen and then I'll be the one laughing.

HAHAHAHAHA HAHA HA

DBkgCwO.gif

Pistolero

I wasn't aware they've announced 13 games already. Could any charitable fellow gamer make a list of the already unveiled projects at Microsoft studios?

Crackdown 3, Fable 4 or Fable MMO. Calling it now

Well, it's not like you're taking risks now, are you? Crackdown has been hinted, and we know it's coming. If I were to make a prediction, I'd go for Lionhead appearance during Gamescom. A european team with a -quite- successful franchise (Fable) that could immensly benefit from the hardware upgrade and the improved online capabilities. Just, please, no kinect!

ekim

qnmB5LB.png

Headset included with X1? Hands-on preview? Fucking nothing?
The specific time specification sounds like it's an embargo lift. My guess is on previews.

Top Bottom