• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: MS to announce new Xbox One title at Gamescom

We at Microsoft are very happy to announce Crackdown 3 today, live here at Gamescom in Germany. Oh, but the game will be banned in Germany.

EKRIFMQ6

The only interesting question is whether it is going to be a launch title or just an Xbox One title.

I would say it's highly doubtful that it's a launch title. E3 seemed like Microsoft's effort to display all the launch stuff and give a glimpse into the future. I'd guess anything announced at Gamescom would probably be looking toward fall 2014 at the earliest. Just a guess though.

sunofsam

I would say it's highly doubtful that it's a launch title. E3 seemed like Microsoft's effort to display all the launch stuff and give a glimpse into the future. I'd guess anything announced at Gamescom would probably be looking toward fall 2014 at the earliest. Just a guess though.

This could be true, although they may have wanted to keep one Ace up their sleeve to up the frenzy closer to launch. They may have a few 9's and Jacks up there as well, but here is hoping for an Ace.

m23

I wouldn't really call this shocking, I thought we knew this already?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/12/microsofts-phil-spencer-discusses-xbox-policies-pricing-and-international-launches.aspx

As for the games, Spencer told us, "There are a lot more titles in development across first- and third-party than what is on the show floor. There are first-party games coming at launch that are not on the floor."

Edit:

Smell that?? I think the title smells of scarcasm. Anyone else smell it?

Oh.

Crackdown 3. I will be happy for future One owners, but will have a little tinge of envy since I have no intention of buying a Xbox One. Loved the original - and am happy to be playing the Free DD this month on 360.

Crackdown 3. LET'S GO.

I'm hoping for something more exciting than that.

The only interesting question is whether it is going to be a launch title or just an Xbox One title.

Not a chance in hell it's a launch title. At best it'll be a spring of 2014 game, and most likely much later than that. Microsoft has pretty much already laid out their first 6 months of exclusives, and they're spaced out perfectly.

KOHIPEET

Fablefall, or Halofall? Oh, no wait..Forzaf..I have no idea what it will be.

Question is, will it be a new IP, or a new game in an existing franchise.

My guess goes to the new IP.

m23

Crackdown 3 for launch would be epic. Phil Spencer did say they have first party stuff for launch still that was unannounced.

I'm hoping for something more exciting than that.

Not a chance in hell it's a launch title. At best it'll be a spring of 2014 game, and most likely much later than that. Microsoft has pretty much already laid out their first 6 months of exclusives, and they're spaced out perfectly.

More releases the better. Im sure they can fit it in before April. If its ready.

Not going to lie - depending on what this is, it might convince me to get an Xbone. With all the DRM reversals and with far more exclusives, the console is starting to look really appealing to me, more than PS4.

The OP wasn't even asking an opinion on which system you think is better than the other. But thanks for the thread derail.

These threads get way too messy for me to hang around anymore. I'll watch from the balcony.

Hopefully it's a Risen type Euro RPG...I love those ;P

Hope to have an RPG at launch.
Wondering what Lionhead can do with fable 4 without peterM wanting to dumb it down.

If it has to become an family box microsoft would be smart to make an platformer like Mario hint hint hint Banjo... :p

But to be clear Launch is day one? Or do they mean launch windows which i consider first 6 months. Every 2 months an AAA exclusive game for like an year would be awesome.

Krakn3Dfx

Crackdown 3 F2P by Double Helix.

Seriously tho, who is making a Crackdown 3 for MS? Do they have an internal studio capable of doing it, or would they just outsource it like KI?

In the minority I'm sure, but I'd like to see a new Kameo.

Jarmel

Banned
Full reveal of Black-Tusk's game? PGR5(lol)? A new Rare title? Crackdown 3?
Probably the latter after all the hints.

I very much doubt we're getting Black Tusk's game. It seems well off into the future. What's more likely is Rare's title.

d1rtn4p

If it's Crackdown 3 I'm pretty much compelled to buy an XBOX One at that point. Crackdown is in my top three of this gen.

I really want to know what Rare is working on, I know it can't just be Kinect Sports Rivals.

I had these hopes once...but now I think I've finally started to put statements like these into "The Last Guardian's No Hope and Endless Despair" bottomless bucket.

Krakn3Dfx

I guess I'm confused, since I remember Crackdown 2 being pretty shit.

Yeah, this is what I keep going back to, loved the original, sequel was pretty widely panned, I think a 3rd one could be cool if done right, but I'd have to see what they're trying to do with it.

Top Bottom