• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shogun 2: Total War Screenshots and Video

74287_shogun21280kkxs.jpg

Woah, ease up on the SSAO a little there please. :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Megaton said:
Ugh, I swore after Empire I wouldn't fall for it again. I think I am. :(
Dude, you can get a ton of gameplay out of Empire before it starts to show its lesser sides. Honestly, I played the game for almost 20 hours according to steam and I never felt like I wasn't having fun. I'm not sure what the big deal is. I did buy it a while after release though, so maybe that means something.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pylon_Trooper said:
How scalable are the Total War games these days?
One of their goals with Empire was to be able to run on Intel integrated graphics.

They had a large article about it on Gamasutra. Never tried to run it on such a chip myself though, so I can't tell you how they did.

They need to make a 3 Kingdoms Total War, dammit!

brain_stew said:
That looks like its going to make even a GT 480 weap in agony. Ridiculous.

Shit, so much for that then. I wonder if the specs are as ridiculous as the Gothic 4 specs in the other thread?

Cow Mengde said:
They need to make a 3 Kingdoms Total War, dammit!

Shit, so much for that then. I wonder if the specs are as ridiculous as the Gothic 4 specs in the other thread?

Well you'll be able to play it on much lesser rigs of course but if you want it to look like those videos and get >30fps at all times you're going to need one ridiculously well specced rig.

Love, love the setting. The wootcut look on the unit number cards is just fantastic.

Still with games like this (Total War, EU series, Civ games) I never feel a need to pick them up day one as I usually just play them single player. So luckily by the time I finally pick this guy up in 2012 or so I'll be sure to have a PC that can handle it really well.

Enosh

good god Japanese ships look awfull :p

starting to like the setting a bit more after seeing those screens, the strategic maps looks great

will probably buy it day 1 at the end anyway -.-

would still prefer Rome 2 :D

althrough, is that normal UI or "minimal UI"?

Multiplayer progression is nice and all but doesn't that just make it even harder to get into it if you are late to start playing online? Also while I am against adding features/rules that make it more game like, it is reasonable because it is a game and its not 100% realistic and its already flawed to begin with. Although it will still bug me.

BobsRevenge said:
Dude, you can get a ton of gameplay out of Empire before it starts to show its lesser sides. Honestly, I played the game for almost 20 hours according to steam and I never felt like I wasn't having fun. I'm not sure what the big deal is. I did buy it a while after release though, so maybe that means something.
It means a lot. Empire was a buggy wreck when it released. Creative Assembly will never get more than $20 from for one of their games ever again, that's how fucking atrocious Empire was at launch.

Day Fucking One!! Looks amazing. I was originally a pit peeved they didn't attempt a more modern setting but this looks like its going to make up for it.

Gah, this looks incredible...but its probably alot more taxing on the old GPU than even crysis. I don't my laptop will be able to run in anywhere near decent settings

Fio

Looks incredible.

I hope they work more on the AI side this time. And I'm still waiting for Rome 2.

I am really looking forward to this game. Not only because I like the Total War series (and an updated Shogun game has been a long time coming) but also because I have a serious interest in Japanese history, particularly the Sengoku Jidai period. This game has two things that I unashamedly enjoy all in one very pretty package. That's why I'm getting the Shogun 2 Collectors Edition - link.

derFeef

I am going to eat this game for breakfest, lunch and dinner. I disliked the setting of Empire and Napoleon so this is awesome going back to the roots.

zoku88

I'm still skeptical about this game, given some of the more recent titles in this series. Here's hoping that they get this one right.

Pooya

Celsior said:
Anyone know the PC specs for this?

I hope they utilize quad-core CPUs well this time.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1143072p1.html
Minimum Specs (Required for playing Total War: Shogun 2):

* 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor , or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
* 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
* 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)
* 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
* 20GB free hard disk space

Recommended Specs (Recommended for optimum game play of Total War: Shogun 2):

* 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
* 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
* AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
* 1280x1024 minimum screen resolution
* 20GB free hard disk space

Top Bottom