• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shogun 2: Total War Screenshots and Video

The demo is excellent. I don't do this very often anymore but this is surely a day one purchase. I'm kind of surprised my Mac Pro and GTX285 could handle the game on medium/high settings.

So close to winning the historical battle. It came down to a few units fighting it out on the side of the hill. I killed both enemy generals but they just wouldn't give up damn it.

I'm looking forwards to this. Empire/Napolean were pretty fun but got old due to the lack of variety in units and no castles to seige. (in addition to all the other problems those games had, especially before bug patches).

I think the medieval-period settings have always been more popular due to the variety of units and tactics available. I never got to play the first Shogun, but I assume its similar to the Medieval games.

I'll try to download the demo but my best download speeds are between 40-60kps and suck up all my bandwidth so I can't even surf the net or check e-mail. Steam is usually extra bad and has a tendency to just randomly crap out for no reason, requiring me to baby-sit Valves shitty program.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dual Intel Core E8500 @ 3.16
4 GB Ram
Crossfire ATI HD 4850s(one at 512 mb the other at 1 GB)

Ran okay in 1280x1024 but mad choppy in native(1680x1050) any upgrade ideas? I'm currently on an XPS 630i I was gifted/paid half for graduation so not sure if it accepts PCI Express 2.0 or anything. Need to upgrade for BF3 eventually, anyhow.

Wow... i finally downloaded the latest version of my review code and, wow, this is really the more polished and features packed Total War ever!

is this the right time for the ot?

Dennis

Banned
thelurkinghorror said:
Wow... i finally downloaded the latest version of my review code and, wow, this is really the more polished and features packed Total War ever!

2 weeks before release is the the time for OTs to go up if I remember correctly.

No one has called dips on creating the |OT| so go ahead if you want to.

Waikis

thelurkinghorror said:

Whats the performance like?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Already have my copy pre-ordered, cannot wait.

Sad that there isn't much hype here on GAF for this. :/

54-46!

Goddamnit, I'm gonna have to pick up a new graphics card for this right? got a 4890HD. I want to play in 1920x1080 with the pretty visuals.

Top Bottom