• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Zach

lmao this guy looks at the card

on paper, do you think that show puts butts into seats? come on.

the story of the show is the magic, friend.

I watched it. It was fun. I enjoyed it. A lot of the actual wrestling, though? No thanks.

He still needs to get a new tv deal, completely rebrand the product, and he needs to figure out a way to make money.

yeah it's not a smart deal for sure but we'll see what happens. at least we know he can afford buying it (sustaining it is another story)

Zach

Honestly not too broken up about it. It seems like a cool game, but as I've said, I haven't really been able to get into a racing game for a long, long time.

somedevil

At NXT tonight they had the female referee Nikkan Lee who tried out referee the Itami match:

CtpIoLKUkAARb4j.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
she's from BJW. the bookers/'ace's wife so i'd be surprised if she left

has nothing to do with itami at all though so i dont know if they were trying to go with that angle.

Anth0ny

I watched it. It was fun. I enjoyed it. A lot of the actual wrestling, though? No thanks.

well I'll be a son of a bitch. I think we're gonna be hard pressed to find any free tv show that has any actual good wrestling, let alone from top to bottom. they're supposed to be commercials for the good wrestling that will be on the paid show 99% of the time.

maybe that raw where cena and punk had their "real wrestlemania main event" where punk gave the piledriver. but the rest of that 3 hour show was probably the drizzling shits.

Is there any person with serious net worth (500 mil USD) who is even a fan of wrestling?

the peoples champ?

somedevil

she's from BJW. the bookers/'ace's wife so i'd be surprised if she left

has nothing to do with itami at all though so i dont know if they were trying to go with that angle.

She was at the invite only tryout and the only referee WWE asked to come. Plus they probably testing her at the NXT house show tonight. She did the Itami match and now is doing the Asuka match.

Bootaay, any indy dates you want me to highlight in the OP?

The EVOLVE shows mid-month (cards here; http://wwnlive.com/) and NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling (http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/match/card.php?e=1200).

Is that hoss dude's gimmick a combo of Viking, Brock Lesnar, and those guys who spray stuff in their mouths in that Mad Max movie?

Basically. He's Odinson of Asgard, but does the Mad Max spray paint stuff on his entrance for no good reason.

It's gonna be 2020 by the time we have a non known Indie guy NXT champion.

Edit: And man, it's gonna be even longer until we have an actual NXT homegrown and trained champ.

This is more or less what wrestling fans have asked for; less homegrown guys and more guys who cut their teeth in bingo halls to be signed.

And now Tye Dillenger will never be champion

Of all times to put an ROH guy over a NJPW guy, I'm not sure this is the one NJPW should have agreed to. But the match was great, and we'll probably get a rematch for the IC Title where Naito gets his win back, so it's not too bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, I'm pretty sure burying Naito is exactly the time NJPW would have agreed to.

God damnit, he's more over than Okada. Fuck him for getting more over than my aceu

I think this says less to me "NJPW is giving an ROH guy a win" and more "Lethal's contract is up in three months and NJPW wants to sign him for a decent spot so they are giving him a big win".

Top Bottom