• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

eXistor

Infinitemadness said:
Hey Existor, That Vivi infront of the TV...that a statue? I'm a sucker for game toys/statues and I love me some Vivi.

Yeah it is, I got it from a fellow gamer (Silicon Knight, he posts here sometimes) and he knew I would like it, so I bought it from him. I have no idea where he got it from though.

burnfout said:
Time to contribute to this great topic, far from a finished setup but whatever.

Setup + Games
2hz1qps.jpg

30xg00p.jpg

Two posters my girl got me :)

20r0g7.jpg

547rzm.jpg

Where she get the posters, I need!

Can't seem to find anywhere..

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Just a quick update. I got a TV stand to replace my armoire and two standing shelf lights to replace the paper lantern ones. The armoire is now in the office and we put one of the paper lantern lights next to the front door and one in the bedroom.

2369079675_b5b2bcd06b_o.jpg

2369915604_eec6ca9de0_o.jpg

Also, Wii owners who sent off for their GH3 replacement disc will be getting these new faceplates via Fedex. I just got mine today.

2369915574_cf752b9061_o.jpg

2369079703_0ccc6d003a_o.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Also, Wii owners who sent off for their GH3 replacement disc will be getting these new faceplates via Fedex. I just got mine today.

2369915574_cf752b9061_o.jpg

2369079703_0ccc6d003a_o.jpg
:O I sent my disc out last week...sweeeeet.

eXistor said:
Yeah it is, I got it from a fellow gamer (Silicon Knight, he posts here sometimes) and he knew I would like it, so I bought it from him. I have no idea where he got it from though.
I got it from some store in Asia, can't remember which one. Also, I love to see where he is at the moment. Shame I had to sell him, but he has found a better home now...:(

marwan

Banned
i posted this in an older thread, but here is the updated version, built a new PC instead of my aging Dell.

Sony 52" 1080p Bravia
GS1.jpg

GS2.jpg

GS3.jpg

My rig, 3Ghz Intel Core 2 Extreme(45nm), 24" Dell monitor, Asus Mimus Formula mobo, 8800GTX, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD...
GS4.jpg

GS5.jpg

GS6.jpg

My window view :)
view.jpg

games closet

closet.jpg

the sack on the right has over 50 GBA games
GS7.jpg

GS8.jpg

GS9.jpg

i have no space anymore, so i stashed the rest in the other closet...messy! (that sounded kinky, lol)

mess.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
This is the omni setup. PC, work, games, TV, et al from the one screen. 40" 1080p.

Text is still relatively sharp from 2.5-3 feet away, so it's entirely usable as a PC monitor.

I pretty much chose the biggest TV/monitor that could physically fit around the desk.

avsetup01.JPG

avsetup02.JPG

avsetup03.JPG

avsetup04.JPG

avsetup05.JPG

avsetup06.JPG

avsetup07.JPG

and a bonus shot of the figure case to the right;

figures01.JPG

Loops

Not really my full gaming setup, but my new Samsung 226BW screen, linked with my macbook pro for a double screen delight. For Aperture, it's awesome !
The Samsung is also plugged to my pc, hot switching with the source button.

2371334509_38358d891f.jpg

2372172004_937af78efb.jpg

2371339025_a4d4b9c485.jpg

2371341249_2dd1bec153.jpg

Loops said:
Not really my full gaming setup, but my new Samsung 226BW screen, linked with my macbook pro for a double screen delight. For Aperture, it's awesome !
The Samsung is also plugged to my pc, hot switching with the source button.

2371334509_38358d891f.jpg

2372172004_937af78efb.jpg

2371339025_a4d4b9c485.jpg

2371341249_2dd1bec153.jpg

Where did you find that Daft Punk wallpaper?

so i think i'm finally going to get off my ass and finish my basement setup bar area. here's where it stands now:
2381410804_5dc15ce2e3_o.jpg

i have to do the cabinets, counters, and i'm going to convert the bottom half of the fridge to a kegerator to hold 2 6th barrels, extending the lines out the side and up on the counter for a dual tap.

here's what i have in mind (quick and ugly)
2381435776_77006c6346_o.jpg

i don't really know what to do with my new RB/GH stuff when i'm not using it. kinda throws off the whole clean look with no wires i got going on...oh well.
2380612365_f2403754d5_o.jpg

mollipen

Alfarif said:
Just a quick update. I got a TV stand to replace my armoire and two standing shelf lights to replace the paper lantern ones.

I was JUST looking at that TV stand and lights two days ago. *heh* I kind of like the stand, but wish they had a version in white.

sspeedy

scissorfight said:
here's some updated pics of truffleshuffle83's setup with a new JVC DLA-RS1

---

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

Wait, it just hit me... is this the real setup? I went to this store called Theatre X that had ALMOST the exact same setup, including the seat arrangements, the posters, the popcorn machine, lights, etc.

Did truffle pay for the setup? How much?

sspeedy said:
Wait, it just hit me... is this the real setup? I went to this store called Theatre X that had ALMOST the exact same setup, including the seat arrangements, the posters, the popcorn machine, lights, etc.

Did truffle pay for the setup? How much?
that's his basement setup. i have no idea what he paid.

nice dla-rs1, though. :drool

Yeh, I finally got my new desk built which means this is my new setup for the year and onwards...
DSC00129.jpg

Yes, I've pretty much moved all my stuff into a cupboard, hey it works gives me plenty of more room.

As for all my games and dvd's I still need to get a seperate shelving other than that there basically dumped up there...some are missing since I've either lent them out or sold them on ebay :p
DSC00130.jpg

(it be a bit blurred)

SO!

Just sold my current home and bought a new one.

With the money we made, my wife has relented and I'm buying a Sharp Aquos. My very first HD t.v.!

AND...I'll be able to leave my drum kit for Rock Band set up on a permanent basis without having to worry about my daughter trashing it. Joy...

So I've been doing some prep work.

Bought HDMI cables for my PS3 and XBox360.

Bought composites for my Wii.

Have a bit of a problem. My 360 doesn't have an HDMI port and I'm planning on upgrading my 360 to an HDMI compatible model.

I won't be buying the new 360 until the end of May when I buy the new t.v.

What are the odds that Microsoft will be releasing a new HDMI compatible model before then? Or should I just buy an Elite right now, transfer the files onto the uber-drive and stop worrying about MS to bone me by releasing a cheaper, swankier version over the next 90 days?

joelseph

I can't really notice a difference between my 360 outputing to HDMI as opposed to VGA. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I'm completely new to all this so the fact that there might be only a marginal difference between HDMI and VGA is news to me.

:)

Isn't there something to do with resolution if I go HDMI?

Jim

bigdaddygamebot said:
I'm completely new to all this so the fact that there might be only a marginal difference between HDMI and VGA is news to me.

:)

Isn't there something to do with resolution if I go HDMI?

Not all HDTVs will accept 1080p over VGA. And via the Xbox 360, some people complain about the colors still being a bit washed out via VGA.

Thanks for the heads up. :) I'm thinking that this is potentially going to be a wee bit on the complicated side but it'll be all worth it if I can finally play Dead Rising and read what's written scrolling across the screen. :)

Nizz

Jim said:
Not all HDTVs will accept 1080p over VGA. And via the Xbox 360, some people complain about the colors still being a bit washed out via VGA.
I thought the "expanded" black level you can choose in the dashboard helped fix that up?

herod

lionelhutz said:
If you were to run an extra 1-2' of speaker wire for your front right/left you would probably not see the wire. It allows the wire to hang directly behind your speakers and stands. I did that with mine so the wire wasn't visible across the wall in between my stand and speakers.

Yeah, there's some shelving just out of shot that you can't see that will be moving soon, then I'll spread them out a bit and strap the cables properly. Still need to get lead shot in the stands too.

Scissorfight, have you ever thought of designing home theaters for people even richer than yourself? They'd pay you thousands, you'd get them bang for the buck and then pocket the rest. Maybe act as an adviser? I'm serious...

Top Bottom