• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2010 Edition

HUELEN10

Drkirby said:
How do you order your games? I see that they seemed to be grouped by series, but any method to how they are placed in relation to each other?
They are grouped by series, release and publisher for the most part. The Nintendo stuff is better organized only because there is so much more of it! :D

deathsight580 said:
That stuff looks great man, is it hard to set up and get it running?

Nah, not too hard to set up at all. If anything it just takes time to tweak everything to the way you want it but that's what is so great about it. It's very flexible and there are a lot of skins for different tastes. Also there are plenty of tutorials on the main site's forums to help in just about anything you'd want to do.

Prepare to enter the ghetto! This is the land were your kid stains your floors with mud and purple drink and your dog breaks shit and eats your pillows!!! The land were your wife says "250 bucks is enough for speakers for the TV!!"

So have a good laugh guys :lol :D

Were a young (30&28) middleclass family saving every penny to buy that dream house and send are kid to a good college. Im allowed games as my hobby to splurge on but when it comes to TV etc.. Im limited. I wish I had some of the kick arse stuff you guys did for sure, but I can wait another 10 years.

My cheap Westy, Cheap Panasonic Surround Sound, PS3 slim, Wii, Comcast HD box, Comcast Router, Comcast Telephone thing. (Were the jade thing is is were my Elite goes, but its currently in Texas being refurbished lol, also I have a Launch 60g PS3 Dead..this is my new slim) To the right you can see my Aussie/second kid chewing on a ball as well as the headless statue he broke last night.
DSC_0419.jpg

My weee closet of space Im allowed to use for games, movies, controllers etc..you can see my Elites HDD as well as my 2 standard PS3 HDD's I took out.
DSC_0398.jpg

Games and such. I dont buy much since I have a 2 game/movie gamer pass from Blockbuster. I usually only buy new stuff I really wan or buy it pre-owned after I tried it.
You can also see i own 2 copies of Saints Row...why?..one copy is stuck in my dead 60g
PS3.
DSC_0408.jpg
DSC_0409.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg
DSC_0411.jpg

Dusty Corner of old systems, Rockband/GH stuff, and a box my son made me I use to store all the wires and controllers for the old dusty systems.
DSC_0418.jpg

I have no pics of my PC but it was a gift from my wife this spring, she actually splurged and bought a Del XPS for $2500. I know I should have had it built etc...but I didnt knwo it was coming and it is really nice considering how she usually saves money.

HUELEN10

Pkm you fool, you don't know how good you have it! That Westinghouse has one of the lowest amounts of upscale lag for a 1080p set of that size. You did good! :)

HUELEN10 said:
Pkm you fool, you don't know how good you have it! That Westinghouse has one of the lowest amounts of upscale lag for a 1080p set of that size. You did good! :)
lol I have no idea what that means but it was $1000 and not 1 cent more then my TV limit my wife gave me lol.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Pkm said:
lol I have no idea what that means but it was $1000 and not 1 cent more then my TV limit my wife gave me lol.

I'd laugh about the limit but seeing how much money you spend on games themselves you deserve to be put on a spending limit :lol

TomServo

Nothing too fancy for me. The game room was done on a shoestring budget (it came in under a grand, IIRC). I just wanted a place where all of my consoles could be hooked up.

The 360 in the living room boots straight to WMC, where it pulls OTA HDTV and ripped music from my PC. Gets a lot of use w/ Netflix and Last.fm, and people seem to prefer it for local multiplayer. The 2.1 setup is definately not audiophile quality, but it gets the job done for parties.

Game Room:
- Olevia 37" 720p LCD... Black Friday sale a couple of years ago, amazing set for the money
- Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1... $90 shipped a couple of years ago as well
- Falcon Pro 360 w/ 120GB HDD
- GCN hooked up via component, N64 on S-Video, SNES and NES over composite

Living Room:
- Panasonic 42" 720p plasma
- Yamaha RX-V992... an oldie but a goodie, hooked up to Polk Monitor 2.1 setup
- Jasper Arcade w/ 20GB HDD
- Sony BDP-S360
- Wii

vfxxeg.jpg

ieklyw.jpg

2mfgq1.jpg

15rftxw.jpg

21kw7mg.jpg

2nlzols.jpg

nxkxlx.jpg

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
HUELEN10 said:
If the weight limit were higher, I'd so get that! What about the shelves on the sides there? I Really like that setup, probably my favorite so far!
Thanks, it's basically a battery of 14 "Billy" shelves" with the Lack stand:
P1040906800x600.jpg

P1040947800x600.jpg

Edit: also "CRT LOL" for 201 as well ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Onkel. You're like the Donald Trump of the boards. Except that your hair isn't as terrible and you cook far better than he does.

I'll be posting mine when I get the chance. I just rearranged a huge deal of two of my three most used setups. The rest remains unchanged.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Kadey said:
Onkel. You're like the Donald Trump of the boards. Except that your hair isn't as terrible and you cook far better than he does.

I'll be posting mine when I get the chance. I just rearranged a huge deal of two of my three most used setups. The rest remains unchanged.
I'm not wealthy, it was just a long thought process before we bought the shelves. the red carpet in front of the shelves cost more than all the shelves combined :lol

Some quick and dirty pics of my otaku den otherwise known as my bedroom. Not much has changed from the last pics I took a few months back.

Overview of consoles and TV
DSC00142.jpg

PSP and PS3 games
DSC00143-2.jpg

360 and Wii games
DSC00144.jpg

DS games, manga and iMAS LE figs
DSC00145-1.jpg

Anime, DVDs etc
DSC00146-1.jpg

Blablurn

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Some quick and dirty pics of my otaku den otherwise known as my bedroom. Not much has changed from the last pics I took a few months back.

now this is what i call a packed room x)

these threads are always a good reason to clean up my room. gonna post some pictures later.

Blablurn said:
now this is what i call a packed room x)

these threads are always a good reason to clean up my room. gonna post some pictures later.

Haha don't remind me :p

I've basically got all of my gaming stuff in the room though. All my games, consoles, Rock Band stuff etc. I think it's just the RB drums that are set up in a different room. I'm glad I have drawers under my bed as that's where the vast majority of my retro games are :)

shakex

OnkelC said:
P1040906800x600.jpg

P1040947800x600.jpg

How did you get a four shelves Bill bookcase? I only see 3 shelves Billy bookcases on the IKEA website?

Yama

New year, new pics. Wouldn't mind taking some new ones. Waiting on a few things in the mail, then I'll do this.

Gagaman

Moved into a new room in November, almost twice the size of what I had, but barely spent any money to do it up as he moved most of the same fittings from the previous room and it was already painted up. The only new thing bought was a double bed (at last!).

Console set up:
1zox6de.jpg
[/IMG]
Hitachi 32" LCD set up with a Sega Saturn (Japanese, scart), Dreamcast (Japanese, modded, VGA), Mega Drive (Japanese, modded, scart), Wii, Multi-Mega (used for Mega CD games, PAL, scart), SNES (PAL, scart), Amiga CD32 (PAL, RGB), DVD recorder (HDMI) and..

2hd5hld.jpg

...60GB Playstation 3 (HDMI) that wouldn't fit on the unit so it's on the desk next to it.

All the cables are luckily hidden behind the drawer and the unit itself and I laos got some cable tidies to make it less of a nightmare to sort out back there.

Game storage:

cqmfo.jpg

My favorite item in my collection is this Sega rotating shop stand I got on Ebay. Holds 140 mega Drive/ Master System games (160 if you count the very top which could hold games too) and is currently full up. Couldn't even fit this in my old room.

296ixxk.jpg

Dreamcast games take up all of that blue shelf with some of the PAL games in racks you could buy from GAME when the console was around. That cabinet with the sliding doors is the perfect height for PAL and US Sega Saturn games, I'd like to find more cabinets like that. Below that is my biggest cabinet full of games for the Wii, Gamecube, DS (GBA boxes are in loft) PS1, PS2, SNES, some loose carts and Blu-Rays.

el1zm9.jpg

Japanese Sega Saturn, Mega CD, Amiga CD32, Playstation 3, Neo Geo Pocket and music CDs on this shelf.

2vukcgw.jpg

This office draws thingy is for regular controllers to slide open and pick out, with arcade sticks/ novelty controllers in their boxes beside it in the corner.

w2lfnl.jpg

308vchy.jpg

It wouldn't be a manchild room without figures! I've tried to cut down how many I have on display now, many are in loft and I should probably sell a bunch off.

That's the gust of it at the moment.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
78d8be0b.jpg

Holy mother of... go to office depot and get some of these
a28bqs.jpg
thank me later. I'm using them and it's so much more clean and organized.

I'll post a pic of my setup when my holiday induced laziness subsides and I actually do some cleaning.

NekoFever

Mine is still the same as it was for most of 2009 at the moment. My camera isn't charged, so shitty iPhone pics, ho.

2s861kl.jpg

29cuxcn.jpg

Panasonic TH42PZ80 42" 1080p plasma TV
Onkyo TX-SR507 receiver
Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers
Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-ray player
Pioneer DV-400V DVD player
Xbox 360 Elite (UK)
60GB PS3 (US)
Wii (US)

My games. Couldn't fit in the bottom two shelves but those just house my fighting stick and spare controllers.

5kh5xj.jpg

My movies as well. Far left column is mostly Blu-ray and all the rest is DVD.

ws45y1.jpg

And, for good measure, my BioShock poster.

10ribf5.jpg

I'll be moving in March so that'll mean a bit of rearranging, and depending on the size of my new place I might get some bigger speakers. Other than that I'm good for a while.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
shakex said:
How did you get a four shelves Bill bookcase? I only see 3 shelves Billy bookcases on the IKEA website?
There are only 3-shelf billys, the extra shelves can be purchased separately.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just a general heads up to everyone in the thread;

It doesn't make ANY sense to put posters on your wall if you are not going to frame them. They categorically look bad. Get them mounted on some backing at the very least, but preferably get a frame that works well with both your wall colour and the colour of the art, and ideally has at least one level of matte.

Nice setup, but do you have to climb the couch to enter the area? And what in gods name is your Front left speaker doing in that position!? I would put it on the same shelf as the FR.

.hacked

2udvyw2.jpg

2uzynfn.jpg

Mostly same as last year. Only big change is the new Sony TV, less games and no more Nintendo stuff.

Pezking

Benjamin1981 said:
Alles in Eintracht rot ;) Du übertreibst Pezking :D

Und die TV-Ecke schwarz und weiß wie Schnee! :lol

Red is my favourite color anyway and a good common ground for me and my GF (who wouldn't mind a green sofa...*shudders*).

krae_man

HUELEN10 said:
21a96034.jpg
78d8be0b.jpg

Here we have some switchers for various things as well as the EVIL SEA OF WIRES! Fuck me. :(

You should tidy up those wires as best you can. It wont take you very long
it took me 3 days :(

Pezking

Lion Heart said:
Nice setup, but do you have to climb the couch to enter the area?

Yes, we do. :lol

We moved into that new place a year ago, and our old couch did barely fit into the corner we decided to place the TV in.

It's quite cozy once you climbed over it. But our next couch will be of course be a bit smaller.

Lion Heart said:
And what in gods name is your Front left speaker doing in that position!? I would put it on the same shelf as the FR.

Yeah, I know...I bought cheap stands for the four surround speakers, but they couldn't hold them - they're just too heavy.

I also don't like the color of the speakers anymore. All our new furniture is made of birch, and the speakers are still in beech.

Once I find a new job, the Teufel LT2-Set will be mine, and my old speakers will go to eBay:
339plx2.jpg

Lots of awesome setups in here, this is a fun thread to sit back and browse. Always.

Gagaman said:

You still have one of my favorite setups on GAF, I love it. It's one of those rooms that looks like it would just be fun to sit in: those are my favorite setups, not so much the snazzy sleek rooms.

The wall color in particular makes everything else pop, great choice on your part. And I remember you showing off that SEGA cart case when you got it, that was a killer addition to your room.

Pezking said:
Yes, we do. :lol

We moved into that new place a year ago, and our old couch did barely fit into the corner we decided to place the TV in.

It's quite cozy once you climbed over it. But our next couch will be of course be a bit smaller.

Hey I would love that setup personally :lol, seems super cozy. I would think the wifey would have a problem with it though :p Cool stuff man.

I will post a pic of my setup tomorrow but the lighting sucks, I dont know how you guys get such good pictures! I will be getting a new tv this year to replace my Phat CRT but at least I can show a before and after when I do!

Alucrid

Banned
IMG_0106.jpg

More or less a copy and paste of the same one in the Dec09 Pickups thread. This time I'm playing Mass Effect while waiting for Mass Effect to download. :lol

*Not pictures is my other console, the PC, which is under the desk.

IMG_0108.jpg

I ended up cleaning house of a lot of games. Those I wouldn't replay or didn't want for nostalgia are gone. Oh, and my video game art books and guides are cut off.

I also have an 32" HDTV which is currently stuck at school though. :(

Gagaman

Toy Soldier said:
Lots of awesome setups in here, this is a fun thread to sit back and browse. Always.

You still have one of my favorite setups on GAF, I love it. It's one of those rooms that looks like it would just be fun to sit in: those are my favorite setups, not so much the snazzy sleek rooms.

The wall color in particular makes everything else pop, great choice on your part. And I remember you showing off that SEGA cart case when you got it, that was a killer addition to your room.

Hey thanks man. The wall colour was actually like that already, and we decided to leave it just how it is rather than waste time re-painting it when the walls were fine (unlike my old room that had patchy paint behind the units and holes everywhere from the weak fake wall). the old room had a slightly less bright blue which I personally preferred, but it was only a subtle difference. I'm also glad i don't have cabinets bolted right above my bed this time, al;ays felt a bit claustrophobic.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I will be watching this thread with great interest...and maybe posting some pics of our little living room once we get the place de-Christmasfied.

neoism

OnkelC said:
P1040906800x600.jpg

P1040947800x600.jpg

Damn man your crib is awesome looking, you have great taste!

RbBrdMan Holy mother of... go to office depot and get some of these [IMG said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/a28bqs.jpg[/IMG] thank me later. I'm using them and it's so much more clean and organized.

I'll post a pic of my setup when my holiday induced laziness subsides and I actually do some cleaning.

Does anyone happen to know the full name of this organizer because I'm in serious need of it and an office depot isn't nearby.

Terrible iPhone pics, but too lazy to find my digital camera.

2010%20Gaming%20Setup.jpg

PS3 slim is new since the beginning of '09.
360 and 46" Samsung are holdovers.
Wii isn't even hooked up.

2009%20Game%20Collection.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm in the middle of moving, so I can't show you guys my game collection or my retro stuff as it's all in boxes, but here's my current gaming setup.

(the picture is total shit because I can't find my regular digicam, so I'm using my iphone :S)

4234900773_b2686a724e_o.jpg

4235675958_9dec6f82c8_o.jpg

4234900691_397de5762e_o.jpg

Samsung UN40B6000 LED rimlit LCD TV
Sony Bravia CT-100 Soundbar Home Theater System

I have my three main consoles sitting on the shelves below.

I'll hopefully have better pics when I try taking in the day time. :p

Top Bottom