• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2010 Edition

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
285q3l.jpg

Sorry these are crappy iPhone pictures.

This is my room and this is the entrance.
IMG_0371.jpg

I have my Ps2 and Xbox 30(among other things) hooked up to this LG 32inch.
IMG_0362-2.jpg

I also have my PC hooked up to it for now. Its pretty good as it can play Crysis on almost high settings at a decent rez. I also use it for my Blu Rays.
IMG_0363-1.jpg

I keep my dvds and other stuff here.
IMG_0365-1.jpg

Anime dvds and Games
IMG_0367-2-1.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

This the tv room with the 50inch sharp tv and the PS3.
IMG_0375.jpg

Mostly keep the PS3 in here as its the main Blu Ray player as the other one is in my mothers room.
IMG_0377.jpg

And here is my school set up
PICT0272.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Watching this thread throughout the year will be ineresting. I'm curious to see who will start moving to more minimalist set ups for their rooms and in general. I'm already on the path myself (gaming "library" is no more, DVDs are stored away, moving to a smaller, higher resolution TV from a 52", moving to a wireless speak set up, one console, smaller PC/laptop).

Nice places so far peoples. :D

some crappy cell phone pics here. Not much new A/V gear from last year, just new furniture and paint.
room3.jpg

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

old pics that weren't in the last thread, but was the last A/V gear i bought:
BK_Front.jpg

B&K Reference 200.7 Amplifier
velodyne2.jpg

Velodyne DD-10 Subwoofer
rearCables.jpg

wiring

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can anybody teach me to take pictures like Chitta does for his awesome pad? I have a modest setup but would love to share (while doing it justice). I have a Coolpix S203.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
My Stereo set-up:

Myhifi.jpg

Manley Labs 300B valve preamp/headphone amp (stock tubes)
Densen B-150 Integrated amp (used as a power amp)
Densen B-400XS CD/HDCD player
Thorens TD-850 Turntable w/Rega RB300 tonearm
Ortofon Kontrapunkt C moving coil cartridge
Thorens TEP-302 phonostage
Focal Electra 1007Be speakers
ALO Amphora Headphone amp
Sennheiser HD-650 headphones
JVC/Victor HP-DX1000 headphones (not pictured)
Chord Co. Signature Plus RCA interconnects 1m x 2 pairs
Nordost SPM RCA interconnect 1m pair
ALO Sennheiser HD-650 headphone cable
DH-Labs Silver Sonic T-14 speaker cable 6m
Atacama Nexus speaker stands
Sound Organisation equipment rack

PantherLotus said:
Can anybody teach me to take pictures like Chitta does for his awesome pad? I have a modest setup but would love to share (while doing it justice). I have a Coolpix S203.

I remember him saying he had a photographer friend take them. But yes, Chitta show us your setup! I need inspiration for my next remodelling.

My 2010 setup.

IMG_3078.jpg

I wish I had a better stand for my components. Maybe 2011 edition.

IMG_3073.jpg

That is my SVS tucked into the corner. It really shakes the place, just right.

IMG_3076.jpg

My sizable game collection. Unfortunately, a lot of these games are unplayed, but I am making progress!

IMG_3077.jpg

I think I need to add some more bookcases for storage over here.

Gwanatu T

I love everyone's setups, especially Giant Robot's (your wiring is awesome), Marty Chinn (That HTPC is a thing of dreams), OverHeat (very comfortable looking), and OnkelC (sweet room in general, especially the book shelves). Here's a few pictures of my small apartment setup, hopefully moving to a house in the next month!

This is the whole setup as of November. I didn't feel like taking a new picture of the whole room because my wife is using the TV right now, although it only looks slightly different. Long live the 1080i CRT HDTV!
2010-setup-1.jpg

I got the PS3 Slim for Christmas, so I completely redid my entire setup. I've got the current gen systems all in their own cabinet here, while the controllers have their own cabinet, and the unused hardware is stacked in it's own cabinet (until I have the space to display them):
2010-setup-2-1.jpg

Here's my redone setup with the games themselves. Movie collections in the front on top with Dreamcast, Genesis and Saturn games behind them. Next shelf down is my 360/PS3/Wii games with the Xbox and Gamecube games behind them, complete with a Cylon in front, and then of course my Onkyo receiver below that:
2010-setup-3.jpg

Current gen games sorted by alphabetical order, only missing my Gears of War 2 (my brother has it):
2010-setup-4.jpg

And of course my gaming PC, with the awesome rechargeable air duster next to the monitor (no more canned air, woohoo):
2010-setup-5.jpg

LRB1983

Banned
This is my little study:
zVYNz.jpg

vgjNx.jpg

LD6re.jpg

As you can see all the other house is completely different style XD
JMgTo.jpg

[but well, this for some other thread...]

agm2502

4237508089_54ca0b0cf7.jpg

Crappy phone pic, need to clean the wires up a bit. best addition is the Logitech G25 which is normally kept in the spare room. Hopefully this time next year i'll have a house rather than a dinky flat and be able to get close to some of the brilliant set-ups in this thread.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
sky said:
Damn you guys have a lot of games.

That's a nice fireplace setup. Or rather, it could be - get those bins outta there, man! :lol

Goddamn that needs a woman's touch.

HTuran

Working/Playing

Runs Windows 7 like a champ. Xbox 360 controller works really well in both OS X and Win 7, so that's what I use for console ports. Mainly play TF2 though. When I get a decent HD monitor (c'mon Cinema Display) I'll pick up a PS3.

Listening

A very modest audio setup, but it gets the job done. Technics 1210 mk2, some crappy scratching needle, Technics SU-8022 amp and a JVC SEA-70 EQ. Some of the audiophile setups in here are beautiful! Hopefully I'll be able to match them when I'm done with school.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Vinterbird said:
I remember him saying he had a photographer friend take them. But yes, Chitta show us your setup! I need inspiration for my next remodelling.

Thanks for answering. Let me see what I can do.

LCfiner

I always love these threads. so much variety and some real classy stuff.

I’ll be posting some new pics next week when my new speakers and receiver get delivered on Monday. First upgrade to my system in around 3 years.

GQman2121 said:
http://i48.tinypic.com/23sw6eb.jpg

That Chelsea flag is awesome.

I've been thinking of going with a sports theme in my living room, as right now it's pretty Plain Jane and sterile (as opposed to my den, where all of my decorative effort has gone). A bit of Knicks / Chelsea memorabilia is a closet, ready to be used again, but I need more before going ahead with the idea.

Did the flag come from the Chelsea Megastore? I don't see it there now, but perhaps it'll be back, unless you got it elsewhere.

Why only a part of TinyPic images are being shown here, in some cases?

@OP: Maybe I'll post my setup later this year, I'm not with a camera (only very crappy cel camera) and my setup is not one that you would say "Wow", it's only a 29' CRT TV and a Wii. At least it's organized :D

GQman2121

Banned
Toy Soldier said:
Did the flag come from the Chelsea Megastore? I don't see it there now, but perhaps it'll be back, unless you got it elsewhere.

I actually got it from Ebay for like $4 last year. It's the official team flag for the 08' season.

New Year....New set up...

gone is the 360 and a ton of games (less is more in 2010:D )

Just moved all the furniture...still need to organize and set up frames/shelves/etc...
waiting on my acer revo to come in to have some monitor/TV action.
It's a mess...not for long...

Enjoy...le crappy iPhone pics...

vMEeI.jpg

S43M5.jpg

oaEJe.jpg

jagowar

Mine:
CIMG0133.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0140.jpg

CIMG0141.jpg

CIMG0144.jpg

Had to use my camera phone hence the reason for the poor quality....

Media Room Equipment:
Optoma HD70 (projecting to a 92 inch screen)
Xbox 360 Pro w/120 gig hard drive
Directv HDDVR
Monster Power Conditioner HTS-3500
Yamaha RX-V465
Polk RTi-8 Fronts
Polk CSi3 Center
Polk FXi-A4 Surrounds
SVS PB10 Subwoofer

Wiring Closet/Servers
Acer H340 Windows Home Server (4 TB volume for my bluray/dvd rips)
Homebuilt Media Center Server (Windows 7.... powers my 3 extenders in the house)
HP gigabit switch
Linksys WRT54g (running tomato)
HDHomeRun (hdtv tuner for media center)

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Litflynt912 said:
I must say...nice place!!!:D
I watched the youtube and noticed an Acer Aspire Revo on your desk...
I just ordered one yesterday...

any good?
thought?

Thanks
I got the Revo 3610 with the N330, 4GB RAM and the 320GB HD. It came with Win7 64Bit and is running fine so far. Only games played on it are Settlers IV and Dungeon Keeper, so I can't comment on its Gaming powers ;)

OnkelC said:
I got the Revo 3610 with the N330, 4GB RAM and the 320GB HD. It came with Win7 64Bit and is running fine so far. Only games played on it are Settlers IV and Dungeon Keeper, so I can't comment on its Gaming powers ;)

Ahh...I got the 1600-910 ...the N230 chipset...
sounds like for the money though it is a pretty solid little machine!

Thanks Onkel

jagowar said:
Mine:

CIMG0140.jpg

Had to use my camera phone hence the reason for the poor quality....
Wiring Closet/Servers
Acer H340 Windows Home Server (4 TB volume for my bluray/dvd rips)
Homebuilt Media Center Server (Windows 7.... powers my 3 extenders in the house)
HP gigabit switch
Linksys WRT54g (running tomato)
HDHomeRun (hdtv tuner for media center)

How are you liking the Acer WHS? Any reason you picked the Acer over the HP?

cjelly said:
What size is this TV?

55". Kinda big considering I live in a one bedroom apartment :lol
only reason I have it is because I won it in a raffle though

Dr Kirby said:
Whats with the games on the wall in the frames?

as someone mentioned, games I've worked on (Ghostbusters as well, but I don't have a special frame for that yet, heh). I did pick up that movie poster board thing from a Blockbuster that was going out of business. $15!

And yeah, that's possibly the only reason why someone would have Spy Hunter: Nowhere To Run of all things on their wall :lol

Top Bottom