• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2010 Edition

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Zaptruder said:
isamu said:
Sup guys, just a couple vids I'd like to share of my racing wheel and cockpit setup. Enjoy :)

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfO_EPKIBcU

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67hWuwR-IY0
Damn dude. You're fuggin' insane :p

But is it going to work with GT5?

*sigh*....unfortunately no. I have begged and pleased with them to make a patch that will allow the wheel to work with the PS3, but his response was that I, and only a couple other consumers bought the ECCI 7000 for home entertainment use. Everyone else who bought one is using it for commercial use inside a cockpit simulator, and none of those customers showed any interest in console compatibility. So the demand is virtually non-existent. Thank God I still have my Happ Controls wheel though :D

slamskank

isamu said:
*sigh*....unfortunately no. I have begged and pleased with them to make a patch that will allow the wheel to work with the PS3, but his response was that I, and only a couple other consumers bought the ECCI 7000 for home entertainment use. Everyone else who bought one is using it for commercial use inside a cockpit simulator, and none of those customers showed any interest in console compatibility. So the demand is virtually non-existent. Thank God I still have my Happ Controls wheel though :D
Were you the guy on SRT this week? Very cool, but don't be dissing the logitechs, they A) don't cost $2700 B) Don't weigh 150 pounds and C) work with GT5. I can definitely appreciate a work of art though.

Shambles

slamskank said:
Were you the guy on SRT this week? Very cool, but don't be dissing the logitechs, they A) don't cost $2700 B) Don't weigh 150 pounds and C) work with GT5. I can definitely appreciate a work of art though.

That video game wheel cost twice as much as my car.

Solal

mik-> Dude, can I ask you where you got those great pics of Ico and Shadow of the colossus... I love them... do want!

Tx.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I need to do a serious reworking of my set up. Right now I just have a huge table desk thing with my telie and 3 systems on it. It's a mess of cords in the back. The only decent thing is my game rack (it's not pretty but it's not as bad as the rest of the set up):

hIoxm.jpg

i'm running out of room, though. I need a better solution for 3 consoles and a widescreen TV.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
slamskank said:

I know man, don't worry as I said in my video description I went overboard. You are right they are great wheels for the money and for some one on a budget I'd recommend them. Don't forget the Fanatecs though, they're good as well.

I love browsing through these threads. I don't know if I am the only one, but it's a great help to look for inspiration and just admire peoples work. Designing your home is an art in itself.

brentech said:
Nothing too out of the ordinary for us here.
office_desk.jpg

office_bookshelf.jpg

Still fairly bland, as we've been in the house for about 5 months now, but it's coming along. Got my office repainted to my liking, just need some more on the walls.

Not gaming specific, but I love the brown line at the bottom of your wall. It's very, very nice and uniqe. Great color combination, and the square lines goes great with the symetrical carpet. GJ sir!

MadmanUK

mik said:
We just finished our basement too. Here's some man cave work in progress, centered around the new 54" Panasonic VT25...

w1wya9.jpg

6o1xk7.jpg

2cifyvq.jpg

Very nice dude. Is that a stencil on the wall or some sort of decal, where did you get it from. I remember trying to do something like that a while back with disastrous consequences.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Not pretty, but its got it where it counts. Still finishing up the room too.

0HeKt.jpg

VvtPM.jpg

dKFHS.jpg

Yeah, I shop at Big Lots. What of it?

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
Part of my set up is in flux at the moment as I'm moving around stuff in my game room as I wait for larger shelves to come (I'm SOOOOOO out of room for my games at the moment). Plus, my setup is NOWHERE as clean and minimal as other's in this thread (which I am insanely jealous). That being said:

5035763279_bd77727e09.jpg

Main setup. Pioneer 5080, 60GB PS3, wii, saturn, 250GB 360, 4GB J360, mac mini, Japanese PS2, HP Mediasmart NAS.

5035762007_68ca5a3f20.jpg

Sega NAC that I got from a terrible, terrible group buy on NG.com. It actually works well enough but I have some minor symmetry issues with the monitor and the thing is pretty dirty. I replaced the CP with a new one from akihabarashop so it's not all bad. I believe I have twinkle star sprites in it at the moment (either that or windjammers). Waiting on viletim on shmups.com to come out with his new jamma->scart connector so I can hook up a bunch of consoles to it for play.

5036346744_e7d70bb767.jpg

Secondary set up/Game Room - Turbo Duo-RX, region-free modded Panasonic Q, Dreamcast. It's an older 27" samsung CRT. It's not terrible but I'd like to upgrade to a small LCD/LED in the future and maybe tate the CRT for some shooters. Incidentally, one of these days I'd like to get someone to do a region free/s-video mod on my Duo so I can play my US hucards on it and not lug out my TG16. The pedals for the steel battalion controller are underneath the DC just because I don't have space for it at the moment (the controller itself is lying on the back of the CRT, which you can't see very well due to the SF4 TE stick).

5035725185_e0834f065b.jpg

Like I said, my collection is messytown at the moment. Need to order larger shelves so I can get this stuff straightened out and looking pretty. I used to have it organized and nice but it's all fallen to shit due to reorganizing, buying a bunch of games in bulk, etc. I have about 60 games or so just lying around my bedroom due to this atrocity. Blargh. When I remedy this embarrassment, I'll take another picture.

Prine

Banned
bad-joey said:
Nice set up! looks so clean and spacy, just my kind of style. Can we have more pictures of the rest of the room?

Sure, im buying a new camera and a new rug, will post some more over the weekend.

Demirichris said:
Those flush mounted speakers look really nice. Did you do the install yourself or hire a contractor?

Super clean looking.

I designed it and got the contractor to build it. He just brought the wall forward, the depth allowing for tv ventilation and most importantly concealing the wires. My cabinet is unfinished, im having trouble finding a talented carpenter to make and fit the doors. Essentially you will not see any devices sitting there. Everything will be hidden or behind tinted glass (IR devices).

Yuripaw

Banned
I am so jealous of some of the setups you guys have. I really like looking at other people's setups though, because it gives me some good ideas of what I could do with my own someday. I really like how you guys have some sweet speakers in your setups. I wish I could have something like that, but I live in a shitty apartment where I can't have things too loud.

I only got one room because I'm just a college student still living with my parents, but I did some rearranging recently, so I thought I'd post mine. Anyway just thought I'd show what I got. This is pretty much my whole living space, lol.

000_0003.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0006.jpg

000_0011.jpg

Hyphen

Yuripaw said:
I am so jealous of some of the setups you guys have. I really like looking at other people's setups though, because it gives me some good ideas of what I could do with my own someday. I really like how you guys have some sweet speakers in your setups. I wish I could have something like that, but I live in a shitty apartment where I can't have things too loud.

I only got one room because I'm just a college student still living with my parents, but I did some rearranging recently, so I thought I'd post mine. Anyway just thought I'd show what I got. This is pretty much my whole living space, lol.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Ockman/000_0003.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Ockman/000_0004.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Ockman/000_0006.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Ockman/000_0011.jpg

It looks real cosy though Yuripaw.

CAVE343

Yuripaw said:

It may not be very big, but it looks like a very nice and cozy place to game until 6 am :)
And your cat sits on the comfy gaming chair haha

Yuripaw

Banned
bad-joey said:
It may not be very big, but it looks like a very nice and cozy place to game until 6 am :)
And your cat sits on the comfy gaming chair haha
haha, how'd you know I game until 6am most of the time?? Thanks, it can be cozy sometimes, but it does get a little hot with all the electronics at times.

You don't know the half of it when it comes my cat sittin in that chair though, lol. I always pick him up off of it, but as soon as I get out of the chair even for a minute, he jumps right back up there.

isamu

SalsaShark said:
prepare to be BLOWN AWAY! :

iYaCI.jpg

i do my HD gaming on my PC so yeah..

edit: bonus shoe!

The best and most impressive setup In this whole thread BY FAAAAR! Great job man, I'm stunned!

isamu

eXistor said:
Another year, another set of slightly updated roompics from the previous year:

DSC_3736-2.jpg

DSC_3740-2.jpg

DSC_3745-2.jpg

DSC_3746-2.jpg

DSC_3748-2.jpg

DSC_3750-2.jpg

DSC_3751-2.jpg

I recently made a playfire account too, so you can check out these pics in high-res if you want and check out what games I actually own if you're interested. Also feel free to send a friend request, my list is quite barren at the moment.

http://www.playfire.com/eXistor/games

Very very VERY fucking nice. Love the collection too. A+ man :)

Tabris said:
Here is my new gaming setup - Excuse the poor pictures, I need a new camera.

front.jpg

Super Nintendo, Denon AVR-891, HD PVR, Microsoft XBox 360 & Nintendo Wii are hidden in center controlled through RF to IR connectors with the Harmony controller. Need to hide the wires below a bit better but hardly noticable unless you look.

couch.jpg

side.jpg

left.jpg
right.jpg

lcd.jpg

bookcase.jpg

This is my bookcase with all my Blu Rays, DVDs, and video games (Wii, PS3, 360, PSP & Gamecube in this picture)

oldgames.jpg

These are the rest of my games, mainly older PS2 and PS1 games along with Gameboy and DS.

coffeetable.jpg

These are my controllers I quickly grab. Nunchuks & SNES Controllers hidden due to cables.

view1.jpg

view2.jpg

This is the view from my living room.

*JAW DROPS*.......wow....just fucking WOW!!!!!!!! Your setup is simply in a word, ridiculous. Great job.

Conceited said:
2d6l1c.jpg

2e0sp6q.jpg

2rqhfyq.jpg

Had my cousin's little man over to check out the setup, I think he approved. :)

This is a joke, right? :lol :lol :lol Hahaha you wish, man.

manzo

Got my own house and managed to finalize our livingroom a few months back. Since our house is quite small (2 bedrooms and kitchen/livingroom in 2 stores), we had to really plan this out.

The task was not to use the study room as a projection room, since when we get kids, the room will be theirs and I would have to evacuate my shit.

The premise was this: how to incorporate my dream of a projection room with my wife's habit of watching TV at the same time as I play. We spend quite a lot of time together in the living room and we didn't want to stop doing so.

Projector: Epson EH-TW3500
TV: LG 42LE8000 (21ms lag on game mode, GREAT for gaming)
Speakers: Monitor Audio BX-1 (front+center), Audio Pro Soniq 202 (surround)
Sub: Audiopro Sub Soniq
Xbox360: PAL and NTSC-J
Wii: NTSC-U
PS3: PAL 60gb launch model

Solution:

- Tore down wall separating the kitchen and living room (thank you previous owner :p)
- Removing one cupboard and placing the projector there
- Painted the large wall with a full-matte paint made for projection walls (gave it a nice color as a plus!)
- The small shelf running across the wall was built from 5 modules with an empty plate in the corner; it's lift-able and the wiring is hidden under it.
- The wiring to the projector and surround speakers are hidden behind the curtain panel.
- The recliners were first meant to face the projection wall, but after a while I moved them back. I like to play more on the sofa.
- The TV can also be enjoyed from the sofa.
- The only thing not final are the surround speaker positions. I don't really like the current positions, this will probably change in the near future.

1_livingroom_1.jpg

2_livingroom_2.jpg

3_consoles.jpg

My computer is hidden under the stair alcove. There is a small hole in the wall to hide the wiring that runs to the Onkyo amplifier - this way I can play PC games from the sofa.

4_computer_alcove.jpg

Curtains and blinders dimmed on a sunny day.

5_curtains_sunnyday_dimmed.jpg

Dimmed room on a sunny day, projector on ECO mode.

6_livingroom_sunnyday_eco-on.jpg

Dimmed room on a sunny day, projector ECO mode off. The picture is quite bright. I'm a shitty photographer but you get the idea.

7_livingroom_sunnyday_eco-off.jpg

Fully lit room on a sunny day, ECO mode on. It's still quite playable! :D

8_livingroom_sunnyday_eco-off_notdimmed.jpg

You don't really need to only have one dedicated room for a projector if you're running low on space, all it takes is some imagination to make things work. The gear I have and the premises are most definitely not the best and optimal, but it works and it's comfy.

Zaptruder

Banned
manzo said:
Got my own house and managed to finalize our livingroom a few months back. Since our house is quite small (2 bedrooms and kitchen/livingroom in 2 stores), we had to really plan this out.

The task was not to use the study room as a projection room, since when we get kids, the room will be theirs and I would have to evacuate my shit.

The premise was this: how to incorporate my dream of a projection room with my wife's habit of watching TV at the same time as I play. We spend quite a lot of time together in the living room and we didn't want to stop doing so.

Projector: Epson EH-TW3500
TV: LG 42LE8000 (21ms lag on game mode, GREAT for gaming)
Speakers: Monitor Audio BX-1 (front+center), Audio Pro Soniq 202 (surround)
Sub: Audiopro Sub Soniq
Xbox360: PAL and NTSC-J
Wii: NTSC-U
PS3: PAL 60gb launch model

Solution:

- Tore down wall separating the kitchen and living room (thank you previous owner :p)
- Removing one cupboard and placing the projector there
- Painted the large wall with a full-matte paint made for projection walls (gave it a nice color as a plus!)
- The small shelf running across the wall was built from 5 modules with an empty plate in the corner; it's lift-able and the wiring is hidden under it.
- The wiring to the projector and surround speakers are hidden behind the curtain panel.
- The recliners were first meant to face the projection wall, but after a while I moved them back. I like to play more on the sofa.
- The TV can also be enjoyed from the sofa.
- The only thing not final are the surround speaker positions. I don't really like the current positions, this will probably change in the near future.

Nice work!

Can I suggest, buy an overhead shelf/cabinet for the projector.

like the one in this picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/manzo/2_livingroom_2.jpg

And then either mount a drop down projector on it, or better yet, cut a hole at in its bottom and have it drop down through the hole

And also have the LCD TV sitting on the same wall; that way you can use the sound system correctly in the case of the TV or the projector.

manzo

Zaptruder said:
Nice work!

Can I suggest, buy an overhead shelf/cabinet for the projector.

like the one in this picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/manzo/2_livingroom_2.jpg

And then either mount a drop down projector on it, or better yet, cut a hole at in its bottom and have it drop down through the hole

And also have the LCD TV sitting on the same wall; that way you can use the sound system correctly in the case of the TV or the projector.

I had stands in the ends of the sofa, but getting the wiring out of sight was an impossible task. I would've had to tear down the floor and run the cabling under the laminate flooring. The idea of a center-row cupboard and place the speakers and projector there: that would mean another renovation to the kitchen; no thanks - not to this place.

I'm thinking of buying smaller surround speakers and mount them to the ceiling. This way I can hide the wires.

Oh, and the TV is not attached to the receiver. I never watch TV (except news) and the wife really doesn't care. Gaming and movies on the projector, 10pm news won't need a sound system. ;)

The whole project was done with one thing me and my wife agreed on: A place where the family can spend time without having to shut-in to some dedicated room.

Tabris, your tv and speakers are nice and clean and I love that PS3 is your display system but the real star is that table. It's stunning and unique and I love it.

Tabris

manzo, I love your look but it must be kind of annoying to limit your seating based on what you are watching. Any reason you don't mount your LCD on the projector wall then have a projector screen come down over top the mounted lcd when you want to use that? Then swap the leather seats and couch (since a couch is easier to watch on a side).

If the current setup works for you, nevermind my suggestion, just wanted to suggest it incase you hadn't thought about it before. I could also see how the chairs wouldn't give a decent seperation of living room and kitchen though.

manzo

Tabris said:
manzo, I love your look but it must be kind of annoying to limit your seating based on what you are watching. Any reason you don't mount your LCD on the projector wall then have a projector screen come down over top the mounted lcd when you want to use that? Then swap the leather seats and couch (since a couch is easier to watch on a side).

If the current setup works for you, nevermind my suggestion, just wanted to suggest it incase you hadn't thought about it before. I could also see how the chairs wouldn't give a decent seperation of living room and kitchen though.

The TV is rotatable and can be enjoyed quite well from the sofa! Usually the wife lies on the sofa watching TV and I sit in the middle. We almost never sit on the recliners, those for the guests! :lol

When we tried the recliners in front of the projection wall, the recliners couldn't be reclined unless moved a bit further closer to the wall. The seat hit wooden kitchen "island" if not moved farther away. I didn't notice this until I got the recliners and tried them out. The recliners were perfect otherwise, but the sofa is just so damn good that we switched it back.

Also, when we planned the space, we WERE going to use a projector screen. After we got the projector and tried the different screen sizes, we came to a conclusion of using the wall with dedicated paint:

- We didn't find a right sized screen, motorized nor as-is.
- The decent gray-toned screens were whopping 700 euros AND too small, they are EXPENSIVE here in Finland.
- We noticed that we don't have to keep the screen size fixed when there is no screen! We can take the NYC picture off the wall and use the WHOLE wall as a projection screen! This was pretty neat when we had a housewarming party - the whole wall was projected with a music visualizer from the PC and it looked really awesome.

Always-honest said:
that's actually pretty fucking impressive for a projector in that price range.

Indeed! The projector is a mid-price range projector and the store owner said that 1800 lumens wouldn't be enough for my space! :lol I was VERY surprised when I saw it running - on ECO off it's like a small sun!

Top Bottom