• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

rothbart

Based on that I shouldn't get a 4K 50"-55" TV, as the viewing distance is 2.5-3 meters. I find that pretty odd, because I've certainly seen the difference between 1080p and 4K upclose in the stores.

That graph says you SHOULD get a 4K TV at that viewing distance and screen size. If you draw a horizontal line at 2.5-3 meters and a vertical one at 50 or 55 inches, you're clearly in the blue which is "4k is worth it".

Your dog is super cute. I had a German Shepard when I was young and they are the best dog a boy could have.

Thanks, I fully agree. I had one as kid when I was growing up and loved him to bits so naturally when I decided to buy my own dog it could only be a GSD. He's my best buddy and never fails to put a smile on my face. His name is Bonzo and he will be 2 in May so he's still just a playful puppy really, a big puppy though lol.

Melchiah

That graph says you SHOULD get a 4K TV at that viewing distance and screen size. If you draw a horizontal line at 2.5-3 meters and a vertical one at 50 or 55 inches, you're clearly in the blue which is "4k is worth it".

Ah, I misread the chart. My bad.

hollams

Gold Member
Really happy with the results and I think I'm finally finished tweaking my setup so it's time to enjoy.

XetNRGm.jpg

wjw4M0r.jpg

Bar Area

arImMnO.jpg

Mame Machine

5roroS0.jpg

Battlestation

ZfF2sG1.jpg

tYxA2Uj.jpg

Media

7XDGfu1.jpg

PGXg6v6.jpg

XTkRfZI.jpg

Final with Lighting

5xn6li3.jpg

Just moved together with my girlfriend into a new flat and as you can see, her favorite color is white.
So I had to wrap my dark apple Jamos with white high gloss film, which turned out pretty good.
Cable management is not present yet and my other consoles are still in boxes.

img_20150317_17160121ju1e.jpg

img_20150317_171538241uaa.jpg

Tabris

Just moved together with my girlfriend into a new flat and as you can see, her favorite color is white.
So I had to wrap my dark apple Jamos with white high gloss film, which turned out pretty good.

img_20150317_17160121ju1e.jpg

I think your girlfriend is my soulmate and you should break up with her and give her my number ;)

Question!

For people who have multiple consoles and a PC and want to connect all of that to both a projector AND a TV, how do you go about doing it? Also throw in a surround sound.

draw4wild

Sorry, I looked at your couch and I think I got it dirty

I think your girlfriend is my soulmate and you should break up with her and give her my number ;)

I had to do a double take at who posted the photos. At first I was like.. oh wow, Tabris moved and down sized. Secret twin sister?

I love this thread. I am happy to be at a point in my life where it is an enjoyable vicarious thing to see these crazy gaming setups and no longer a source of jealousy. I love the attention to detail in some of these setups. More power too you.

My Custom Built 2-Person Office / Computer / Music Room

Start with the plans

WP_20141111_001_zpshc7ochu0.jpg

WP_20141111_002_zpslfwh4dqp.jpg

Used MDF for the base cabinets

WP_20140927_001_zpseqaiauhk.jpg

WP_20140930_001_zpsflhkqjhs.jpg

WP_20141009_001_zpszkn4kwoe.jpg

WP_20141005_003_zpszlzggymf.jpg

Final Cabinet build:

WP_20141012_001_zps9rm0yaln.jpg

My grandfather was a carpenter, and he had some spare wood around. It was willed to anyone who wanted it after he passed away. I got some nice Red Oak boards and planed them all down.

It took a while...

WP_20141108_001_zpsyipyuunr.jpg

Getting ready to edge-glue them together

WP_20141109_001_zpsqlrzexal.jpg

Ready for stain.

WP_20141112_002%201_zpsoqr3eyqc.jpg

Stained (and eventually Poly'd).

WP_20141112_003_zpsabsip2un.jpg

Decided to paint the cabinets white. Here they are inserted into the office.

WP_20141102_001_zps2mhvmdtg.jpg

Add the top.

WP_20141115_001_zpset9ot9fs.jpg

Nice shot of the wood finish.

WP_20141129_002_zpsf69i3nl6.jpg

Added shelving.

WP_20141130_001_zpsypghddub.jpg

Final room

WP_20150112_20_26_48_Panorama_zpsaoi53zhp.jpg

Music Wall

WP_20150103_001_zpsgs6ntwur.jpg

Ashtrax

Not much updates to my setup from last year, but thought I would share again! I'll note that pretty much all furniture is from IKEA, but I'll go into more detail at each pic as I have had a few PMs about them in the previous thread.

The first room is my personal gaming room, where I keep most of the collection and is a space I can go play some games if my wife wants to watch TV in the lounge. I also have set it up as my main hub for my media server, and also for streaming PC games and older consoles (as part of my personal "must get through my huge backlog challenge").

The desks are custom chosen items from IKEA, picking the table top and legs separately. The frames for my Club Nintendo Zelda posters are also from IKEA. I used to have Dead Space posters there (which are now in the hallway).

3GITszX.jpg

On the left side is my older console setup, which is pretty much a Sony station right now. The screen is a Sony 32" W670A series, popular for it's extremely low input lag at the time.

1RFS1J8.jpg

The 2014 iMac is my main media server, installed with iTunes and Plex to connect around the house but also so I can connect in from work to listen or watch stuff at my terminal.

On the right side is my main gaming PC!

bOxmp9M.jpg

Core Specs:

ASUS Sabertooth X79
4.6GHz Intel Core i7 3820
16GB Cosair Vengeance Low Profile 1600MHz CL8
256GB (OS), 512GB (Steam) Samsung 450 Pro SSDs
6GB Gigabyte Titan Black Windforce Edition
Sound Blaster ZxR
27" 1440p 144Mhz ASUS ROG Swift with G-Sync
27" 1440p IPS Dell U2713H

I'm also a huge fan of Logitech products, so I've got most of their gear as accessories.

Behind me is my main gaming collection, of which I have the now daunting task of playing them. I figured I would use Twitch as a great way to share old and new games I'm playing as I go along.

YEWM4JI.jpg

So far I've managed to contain most of it to those three shelves (Billy Bookcases), but it's getting tight now!

The lounge room has my main consoles and the home theatre set up. I'm also a big fan of Sony, trying to stick with their eco-system of home entertainment products. The television is a few years old now, an 55" HX820, alongside the DN-1040 Receiver. For speakers I run a cabled 5.1 setup from Wharfdale, and to hide the cabling of the rears, we run the cabling under the couches.

RTxIul8.jpg

The rest of the gear is house inside a BESTA custom cabinet, and this is a great little idea from IKEA as you can mix and match pieces to create the shelving you're after. I chose to use glass doors and wheels as particular items so accessibility was easy but also IR and Wireless would have better reception.

Cv3dfpU.jpg

My HTPC was an older gaming PC until I upgraded to my current setup, and is still decent with some minor upgrades over the last year to keep it a decent 1080p gaming PC to play some stuff with the missus. As for media, everything is streamed wirelessly from my iMac over AC networks.

Core Specifications:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
3.2 GHz AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
120GB Intel SSD (OS) and 1TB Western Digital Black HDD (Games)
4GB ASUS R9 290

All my consoles are stashed in the cabinet as well, with enough space to add additional controllers whilst the main ones are in my coffee table for easy access.

The only thing I wish I could add to my setup is Ethernet wiring, as it would make ALL the difference in regards to game streaming. Wireless is okay, but not all the way there yet.

ta155

Not the best photo but quite pleased with my student home bedroom setup.

IMG_20150322_120951.jpg

PS3 and PS4 over on the right of the desk. My remaining PS2 and single PS1 games stacked up in the corner behind the consoles.

My Blu-Ray collection lined up underneath a black wall mounted shelf, which houses a 32" Samsung LED TV new from last summer, plus my Vita and PS3/4/Vita games.

Disney Infinity figures also there (eventually going to shelve them), plus some other old bits of shelf decor and pretty awesome posters and canvas prints adorning the wall. MacBook Pro is a summer 2014 model with an upgraded i7 processor and 16GB RAM, and there's a Nexus wireless charger just in front of the PS4.

Question!

For people who have multiple consoles and a PC and want to connect all of that to both a projector AND a TV, how do you go about doing it? Also throw in a surround sound.

I personally don't have my setup connected to both, but I have the option through my receiver with two HDMI outs. Just a thought.

Damerman

Imma let the rest of y'all finish, but that Denon receiver is part of the best setup of all time. All time. *shrug*

iALX

HAHAHAHAH :D

I was bored, took random pics and then put them together...

Denon AVR X-1100W, and yes I love it :D, so much better than previous Onkyo I had...

Top Bottom