• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Just moved together with my girlfriend into a new flat and as you can see, her favorite color is white.
So I had to wrap my dark apple Jamos with white high gloss film, which turned out pretty good.
Cable management is not present yet and my other consoles are still in boxes.

img_20150317_17160121ju1e.jpg

Where can I find a similar stand? I just bought a 60" Sony and I need something like that. I really don't want to mount it. I also have a gaming PC that's going to stay in the living room and need something to put it on. I don't think a floating shelf would hold it so this would be perfect.

edit: Nevermind guys. Found some at Ikea

123rl

I've just updated and changed my system but now I'm afraid to post photos because I have a Denon receiver too.

I just got some Monitor Audio BX2s for the fronts and they replaced a pair of Wharfedale 9.1. They sound fantastic so far; bigger and bolder, but more controlled.

So I made my account just to post in this thread. Sorry about the image quality, it was taken with an iPhone. I know the lighting is crap, its a basement.

So here is my chesterfield and "desk"
1eCH5IMl.jpg

And my view from the "desk"
iJxD8O1l.jpg

My music table
hdTxbqYl.jpg

And finally my bar. Which of course is only stocked with the essentials, whiskey and red bull.
VVZM2V7l.jpg

Tabris

Holy shit at that Denon post. I like my Denon receiver too but I think we got the gist after a couple pictures of it ;)

VanWinkle

Hahahaha that Denon post was hilarious. I kept thinking I had to reach the end of this post at some point and it just kept going and going.

Literally his whole post could have been shortened to this:

ib0HPjiL9XxNYw.PNG

iALX

and with those two pics you wouldn't see the Denon receiver how it's meant to be seen :D

will post more pics later :p

Mascot

Holy shit at that Denon post. I like my Denon receiver too but I think we got the gist after a couple pictures of it ;)

Yeah, thank fuck we're off that particular page. I'm on 80meg fibre here and the page was still buffering like a bastard.

jainasky

Neo Member
I loved looking through this thread the past week. It's given me so many great ideas. I decided to do my front room as dedicated gaming room and just picked out the furniture for it.

Now I am trying to decide between a 42" and 46" tv

Tregard

Soothsayer
Cleaned up my space a bit over Easter, here's my current set-up

10366230_914192731936303_7913642249571052466_n.jpg

WiiU and work PC to the right there, Gaming PC snuggled underneath

10941368_914192735269636_3983126260288663593_n.jpg

Signed picture of Derren Brown watches over me

Handhelds and WiiU games sit behind me for convenience

10997616_914192845269625_1448267457610575643_n.jpg

Not as glamorous as some setups in here, but I get by.

SOME-MIST

0d8hDba.jpg

that's pretty much what I spend my time on other than the computer a little bit. I also have a sony pvm 14" in the living room and an nec xm29 stored in the closet, but not really pic-worthy.

mstevens

In the market for a really nice computer / desk chair. Willing to spend around $700 (even up to $900ish if it's really worth it). Looking at Herman miller.

Any input or advice?

Tabris

In the market for a really nice computer / desk chair. Willing to spend around $700 (even up to $900ish if it's really worth it). Looking at Herman miller.

Any input or advice?

I love my chair (you can see it in OP). Herman Miller Aeron Chair. You want to make sure to get the mid model at least with the lumbar support pad, and adjustable arms.

It'll cost you between $700 and $1000

jcm

My Custom Built 2-Person Office / Computer / Music Room

Start with the plans
Decided to paint the cabinets white. Here they are inserted into the office.

Nice shot of the wood finish.

WP_20141129_002_zpsf69i3nl6.jpg

This is impressive craftsmanship. It's very cool that you were able to use your grandfather's lumber to such good effect. It's a nice legacy for him.

I moved in with my girlfriend and I'm a 80's type of aesthetic dude so my lair reflects that. I'm more into older games these days. Nothing against new games I just don't play online have other priorities/hobbies. I ain't ballin like some of the setups in here and my camera is shitty so sorry for that. I get most of the stuff from estate sales, thrift shops, meeting old dudes off craigslist in parking lots, ebay, and friends.

The primary gaming setup is just an old 5.1 Technics (sorry not a Denon) receiver, Panasonic plasma, PSTriple, my PC, those big Kenwood speakers I got cheap from a craigslist dude in a Home Depot parking lot, the boombox is the center channel and is a beast in its own right, then there is two smaller yamaha speakers behind the couch. Speaking of couch I really need a new one but I'm still settling in. Planning on buying a PS4 but wanted to wait until I was done with Yakuza 4 and 5.

The oldschool setup is your typical PVM with the audio going out to an awesome Sony FH-5 compact stereo system. MAME is running off an old ass Goodwill Thinkpad I got for $15 bucks! It's hidden in the drawer, a Centrino with an old discrete AMD card in there so can get 15khz out of it easy. I also hook up my PS2, Saturn, SNES, and Sega CDX to the PVM. I keep all my games and stuff shoved into a closet.

The shelving for the shrine is from IKEA and same with the accent lighting. Cord management isn't my forte so I'll probably just keep adding stuff to the room until nobody cares about the cords cause there will be too much shit to look at. I collect and try to fix old boomboxes so I have a lot more around the house but wanted to get some of my nicer ones for display.

My couch is a piece of shit don't look at it.

Thanks for viewing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
STOP STARING AT ME, PHIL COLLINS!

I like your set up a lot, sir_kevith!

Goliath

I moved in with my girlfriend and I'm a 80's type of aesthetic dude so my lair reflects that. I'm more into older games these days. Nothing against new games I just don't play online have other priorities/hobbies. I ain't ballin like some of the setups in here and my camera is shitty so sorry for that. I get most of the stuff from estate sales, thrift shops, meeting old dudes off craigslist in parking lots, ebay, and friends.

The primary gaming setup is just an old 5.1 Technics (sorry not a Denon) receiver, Panasonic plasma, PSTriple, my PC, those big Kenwood speakers I got cheap from a craigslist dude in a Home Depot parking lot, the boombox is the center channel and is a beast in its own right, then there is two smaller yamaha speakers behind the couch. Speaking of couch I really need a new one but I'm still settling in. Planning on buying a PS4 but wanted to wait until I was done with Yakuza 4 and 5.

The oldschool setup is your typical PVM with the audio going out to an awesome Sony FH-5 compact stereo system. MAME is running off an old ass Goodwill Thinkpad I got for $15 bucks! It's hidden in the drawer, a Centrino with an old discrete AMD card in there so can get 15khz out of it easy. I also hook up my PS2, Saturn, SNES, and Sega CDX to the PVM. I keep all my games and stuff shoved into a closet.

The shelving for the shrine is from IKEA and same with the accent lighting. Cord management isn't my forte so I'll probably just keep adding stuff to the room until nobody cares about the cords cause there will be too much shit to look at. I collect and try to fix old boomboxes so I have a lot more around the house but wanted to get some of my nicer ones for display.

Thanks for viewing.

Yo, I love you Boom Boxes and I have that same Phil Collins album framed in my living room with Michael Jackson, The Clash, The Beetles, LL Cool J and the Chipmunks Christmas LP (sentimental value).

Very nice set up. I need to make some time to post mine at some point.

Thanks for viewing.

what size tv is that and how many feet is it from the tv to your couch? Trying to get some ideas on tv size.

what size tv is that and how many feet is it from the tv to your couch? Trying to get some ideas on tv size.

The TV is actually slightly too small at 47 inches and came from my old place where it was perfect. I'd say I sit about 7-8 feet away depending on if my couch is sliding around. Ideally I'd get 55 inch and move the couch back just a bit.

Yo, I love you Boom Boxes and I have that same Phil Collins album framed in my living room with Michael Jackson, The Clash, The Beetles, LL Cool J and the Chipmunks Christmas LP (sentimental value).

Very nice set up. I need to make some time to post mine at some point.

Thanks man, I approve of all that vinyl in your house. My dad even bought us that Chipmunks LP back then so I understand the sentiment completely.

If you like boomboxes I recommend the JVC RC-M70 as probably the best all around box that I've used (I own about 25). It's the one acting as the center channel and the one painted in Miami Vice style. It's really loud and punchy and pretty common for an 80s box so it's an easy recommendation.

shiyrley

Banned
I tried to get my room as nice as possible with what I already have, and here is the result:
The setup itself:
zX9ZaYH.jpg

2JuCyU3.jpg

(That Windows mark is the test mode for unsigned drivers, not a piracy notification)
The "shelf":
tpz8BpG.jpg

Cool stuff to show:
4tNiZzg.jpg

7b51wS7.jpg

Posters:
exWZbsM.jpg

Ninja Wii U:
xTkFn4Q.jpg

The Strange Corner of Cables:
qANYD7Z.jpg

The controllers:
4bAkMl4.jpg

Herne

Awful quality photographs. Sorry about that.

Not much has changed from my entry last year but for the addition of a receiver and speaker set (Pioneer HTP-073) and a PS4. But the best addition for sure is some prints I got of Michael Whelan's art - one from eBay, as it is out of print, but the rest directly from his own site.

DSCF4545.JPG

Don't ask me what the hell is up with the cardboard in front of the fireplace. One of the lads put that up for some reason.

DSCF4554.JPG

Dscf4555.jpg

Hideous purple couch put there by the landlord to replace the broken one unfortunately still present and accounted for.

Dscf4561.jpg

DSCF4558.JPG

Dscf4557.jpg

Dscf4559.jpg

DSCF4540.jpg

Desktop with my awesome DXRacer D Series chair. Expensive but so worth it.

Dscf4564.jpg

This is hanging on the wall next to my desk.

cbm.png

My Amiga and C64 setup :) Mayhem in Monsterland (C64) is playing on the screen.

Herne

Great artwork. I had an art book of his at one time but it got lost in a move.

Cheers! Really happy with it. I sent he and his wife (who handles the printing) an email after I got the first print telling them how much I loved it and how I've been a fan of his art for years, that I rented The Art of Michael Whelan over and over from the library for years, how his art got me onto my favourite author and so on. They replied saying my email cheered them up, so they waived shipping fees on my then latest order. Really nice people :)

Cheers! Really happy with it. I sent he and his wife (who handles the printing) an email after I got the first print telling them how much I loved it and how I've been a fan of his art for years, that I rented The Art of Michael Whelan over and over from the library for years, how his art got me onto my favourite author and so on. They replied saying my email cheered them up, so they waived shipping fees on my then latest order. Really nice people :)

That's the book I have which I thankfully found after my post. My brother found it in a box in the basement a few weeks ago and never told me until yesterday when he seen my post about it.

Top Bottom