• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 remake (Bloober) image leak - PS/PC timed exclusive, post #56

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

MiguelItUp

It's always the tiniest pictures covered in Vaseline and in the worst quality. If this IS real, good lord do I hope it's solid. SH2 means so much to me. :(

Last edited:
I am just watching the gaming muse silent hill documentaries. I knew this franchise was niche, but I didn't know how divisive was SH2 at lunch.

Matsuchezz

A re imagination would be needed. A simple remake would not cut it. And some extended story would be appreciated too. Great actors that convey a lot of emotions. And a talented team at the level of what Naughty Dog did with their facial animation In the last of us part 1. Even if they are not the same actors. VR would be preferred. I just remember what ve did for Re7 fucking amazing

Last edited:
Bloober being responsible for this would be an extremely bad fit unless they were only responsible for the technical development of the game and the actual direction, scenario + script were handled by someone else (for example, as unlikely as it would be, staff from the original). Even that wouldn't be ideal tho.

It would though be a continuation of Konami's tradition of handing off Silent Hill games to whatever obscure western developer they can find. I think if they keep the scope limited like the original and don't try to design real combat then it might be tolerable in the same sense that Shattered Memories and Origins are ie. not good, but they don't hurt to play like Downpour and Homecoming. There's no way they'll capture the nuance of the original without heavy involvement from, again, original staff members or similarly talented people.

Edit: interesting idea: what if they 1-to-1 copied the entire direction, level design, camera angles, combat, basically everything from the original but in their engine with obviously the graphical benefits of modern technology. I don't trust Bloober Team to make their own good game so it's the best thing I can envision them doing with this. I'd actually be interested in that, in how the atmosphere might be altered especially if the experience is seamless with no loading screens (the one change I'll permit since a large part of the atmosphere in the game is from making you believe you are in a cohesive world and not a set of levels) Edit 2: and add a remixed mode with different enemy placements. There, make that game please Blooby

Last edited:

Holammer

In the world of today's tech, those blurry images has no sense. They are not UFOs or Loch Ness monster, but they look as if somebody would have taken the photo when the screenshots were walking through the forest.
To be fair, the secure way to take a picture of something covered by NDA would be a blurred snapshot and half the time it's marketing getting free publicity.
Hidden watermarks with your IP and other identifying information have been around for well over a decade now.

Doczu

See, this thread really shows that SH2 is sacred for many any there is no way any remake, remaster or reimagination will be considered "good".

night13x

Wait wait wait!

These are the leaked bloober images? I thought these were the leaked pooper images. Color me surprised!

Rykan

Imagine giving an iconic game like this to fucking Bloober.

AFTER cancelling Kojima's Silent Hills game.

Konami despises being in this business.
People are so down on Bloober, but who else are you going to give it to? Develop it inhouse? The only studios Konami has left are primarily working on Switch or Mobile games. Kojima Productions? Very doubtful after the way they broke off and they're already occupied with two games.

You can think what you want about Bloober, but it's the only developer that continues to develop somewhat high profile horror games. There any other Studio that could be up to the task and actually works on Horror games? Cause I can't think of any off the top of my hat.

Give Bloober a solid budget, enough development time and a good template to work with and I'm genuinely curious what they'll do with it.

Hugare

Wasnt Bloober's Silent Hill that one with the woman with long hair and glasses that leaked some months ago?

With that cherry blossom monster thingy and other screenshots

I highly doubt that Bloober wiuld make 2 SH games at the same time

Wasnt Bloober's Silent Hill that one with the woman with long hair and glasses that leaked some months ago?

With that cherry blossom monster thingy and other screenshots

I highly doubt that Bloober wiuld make 2 SH games at the same time
The cherry blossom monster is likely masahito ito’s game

Last edited:

onesvenus

Here comes a new market leader exclusive that doesn't limit the choice of console according to some posters here

Three observations:

1. I am relieved Bloober is handling a remake of SH2, and not tasked with further damaging the franchise with another poor entry.
2. Gamers spend all their time investigating, digging, speculating, leaking unannounced material and discussing it, only to turn around and blame the lack of "surprises" once the projects are officially revealed.
3. The same people that applaud a manufacturer's acquisition of entire publishers, with most of said publishers' franchises removed from a competing platform, accuse Sony of signing exclusivity deals...

ANIMAL1975

Draugoth

Gold Member
Leaker forgot to take a picture with their phone from a CRT computer monitor at an weird angle to make it more beliveable.

Top Bottom