• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor Street Fighter V Will Include Alex And Urien From Street Fighter III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Capcom's stance on aiming for less overlap in the roster and Alex being in bodes for the likes of R.Mika. I have no idea how Alex plays (I've kind of ignored him in every single game he's been in) but while I suspect it's different I don't know if Capcom would consider it different enough or not :eek:

edit: that said, Urien and Alex were on that expanded list that was going around that had the stuff from bogard in it (not the SDCC = eagle one, the previous one before that) and that one included both Karin and R.Mika

I'll make one final post on this topic. After that, if you wish to continue this discussion, my pm box is open.

Warning. Here be non street fighter talk.

I taught one on one lessons and my students were all adults who possessed a fairly high level of English. It was my job to take what knowledge they had and help refine it.

Most of them wanted help with their business communications, but some of them just wanted to chat casually or talk about their hobbies. One of which was a huge street fighter fan, by the way.

You see, my students were all pretty busy and had very little in the way of spare time. I would see each of them for 90 minutes per week and would cover a range of topics depending on their goals, needs or interests.

And of course I would encourage them to read books/news reports/magazines/etc, but some of them were interested in certain subjects which I wasn't very knowledgable about and wanted to engage in conversations with like-minded individuals. Therefore, I suggested they use English language forums as a way to learn how to talk about their hobbies and improve their written communications with others.

And the "don't ask us to do your job for you" line was great. I never did. But when there are non native english speakers on this board putting native speakers to shame, there's a fucking problem.

irregardless of how much effort you put in to this post, ain't no one gonna read it

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't really buy that they actually have leak but it's no brainer that both characters would be in the game. I would be very pleased if Alex is coming back!

I agree, we need to move past 3 finally. Also having another prequel in the mainline would just be super dumb.
It most definitely takes place after 4 based on Ryu's and Chun Li's moves but the question is weather it takes place after III or not so hopefully imo this rumor confirms it takesplace after III because IV being a prequel to III played it too safe in story mode.

I'm sorry to break the news to you but the rumor pinpoint the timeline to be between Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter 3.

Alex is the best sf character

No, Dudley is the best, but Alex is definitely right up there. ;)

Urien in this could be good, but you have to let him have his Aegis Reflector shenanigans. Anything less would be a disservice to the character.

That's not how you spell Elena.

Oh, I guess this conversation is happening because Cody is technically considered a Final Fight character

Newboi

Oh, I guess this conversation is happening because Cody is technically considered a Final Fight character

Gutter Trash!!! Cody doesn't fight like a gentlemen!

Edit: I'm wonder how Capcom will adjust Urien? He wasn't really a supremely viable character without Aegis Reflector and the unblockable setups. What do you guys think Capcom will do with Urien to balance him, and make him viable in SFV?

I guess this "leak" was true then?

f7f630d041b7a4be8903cf9f84b862f8.png

Just Q and Remy to go and i'll be happy :)

That could be a fucking up scaled TvC model for all we know.

Zubz

Banned
Alex being back means a remix of Jazzy NYC is inevitable. Good.

I like Alex as a character, but this is the best part of him coming back.

Really hoping this actually continues the storyline. It's like with Metroid: There've been enough prequels, and it's time to move on!

pizzacat

Banned
I like Alex as a character, but this is the best part of him coming back.

Really hoping this actually continues the storyline. It's like with Metroid: There've been enough prequels, and it's time to move on!
Federation Force is really bringing the lore to new places

Alex and Urien need to be in to bring the game its topless muscly men quota. Because I need that. Those muscles. Those juicy juicy muscles.
And if Alex ain't talking in a Brooklyn accent I want no part in this world we live in

Maybe his V-Trigger could be a stand

paging God's Beard

I had an idea for a character once that would fight with a stand in a SF-style game and they had a ghost pop out and do Urien's knee dive attack.

I guess it works like Evil Ryu's fireball toss in Omega Mode without recovery frames.

Nephtes

No one agreed to that, because it doesnt make a single bit of sense.

Nash has a jewel in his forehead now like Urien used to have...

Parts of his skin look stapled on (like the bit around the forehead jewel his right hand...) Neither of which match Charlie's skin color, but are pretty close to Urien's...

Skilletor

Parts of his skin look stapled on (like the bit around the forehead jewel his right hand...) Neither of which match Charlie's skin color, but are pretty close to Urien's...

Green isn't close to Urien's skin color.

Gems aren't unique to Urien, either.

Parts of his skin look stapled on (like the bit around the forehead jewel his right hand... Neither of which match Charlie's skin color, but are pretty close to Urien's...

Urien's skin color is different. Urien is responsible for the creation of Twelve and Necro. Everything points to Urien being in charge of Nash's transformation.

Nephtes

Green isn't close to Urien's skin color.

Gems aren't unique to Urien, either.

I mean maybe my phone, computer, iPad, Surface Pro 3, and eyes are broken, but that doesn't look green to me from image search I did for "Charlie Nash" On Google.

Edit: Additionally, if Urien is grafted onto Nash, that means the rumor is technically true... Urien is "in the game".

Skilletor

Is that an official Capcom wallpaper or something someone Photoshopped together while messing with the saturation levels to bring the composition together under a unified color scheme?

It's the official capcom art. Just like the one in my avatar.

Skilletor

I believe you. I'd probably believe you more if you linked to somewhere officially Capcom...

A poster here linked 4k images of all the revealed characters art. I assume they got it from a press kit since it was so high res. I actually haven't seen it on a capcom website...don't follow them too much. :)

Cool if true. Alex in particular was a pretty major omission from SF4. Though as nice as it is to have SF3 chars that didn't make the cut for SF4, I'd still rather see Dudley, Makoto and Ibuki return over most of them.

Kelsdesu

Well they were heavily speculated to be in, so if they are cool, just hope Alex keeps his brooklyn accent.

Otherwise GET READY FOR THE SPANKING ROOM KIDDIES!
urien-aegis.gif

You and I both know none of the SF3 characters will be as good as they were. Cmon son.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they are both in the "leaked list" arent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom