• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

Spookie

Well I though I'd make a gambling region with a city for industry.

My mistake going to the region map the servers shit themselves and now that region no longer exists.

:V

THERE IS IF I TELL THERE TO BE.

Seriously, I just hope it's possible... Fixed was able to give up a region he'd claimed accidentally too, so I hope that's still possible.

You can reset an entire region (by abandoning it), but you can only abandon a city, but the city stays no matter what. I'm sure they will change it... eventually.

Tmac

Is it off again?

Pre-ordered the game weeks ago and for two days and i still wasnt able to play a single minute of this game!

This is ridiculous!

---------

And guys, please cut the "profitable" BS. Companies are profitable because they are reliable and deliver usefull products to consumers. DRM has nothing to do with it. If they can't implement it right, they shouldnt use it. Never forget the basis before you try anything new.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You can reset an entire region (by abandoning it), but you can only abandon a city, but the city stays no matter what. I'm sure they will change it... eventually.

Well... Fixed originally had 2 cities claimed in Viridian Woods 1, and now only 1. So it must be possible to abandon. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well... Fixed originally had 2 cities claimed in Viridian Woods 1, and now only 1. So it must be possible to abandon. :p

People can abandon a city. The city will still be there and somebody else can claim it. You can then level it with a bulldozer or run out of money and tell the game to restart the city.

Pandemic

So I wanted to join my NeoGAF region but I can't cause the server has a 19 minute wait, so I'm going with the Oceanic server. Europeans/US better not flood our server! It's the only one we have...

People can abandon a city. The city will still be there and somebody else can claim it. You can then level it with a bulldozer or run out of money and tell the game to restart the city.

No, you can't "tell the game to restart the city". The only option close to that is "Start A New City" which just lets you start a new city at a different plot, and the old one remains. Several of us have tried it and those are the results. That's how you can abandon it in the first place.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I've got home and installed my Australian copy on disc which all went fine and after 20 min of trying to join Oceanic 1 server I finally got into the title screen only for it to say it couldn't connect.

What even.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sometimes, I like to listen to the front end music

Because it stops me from tossing my computer out the window

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've gotten launcher crashes, hangups on authenticating the servers, lockups when looking at the other available server regions.

I've gotten the "ready to play" button, then a black screen for 30 seconds followed by unable to connect to server crash.

What is your refund policy for PC digital downloads?
Unfortunately, EA does not offer refunds on any products downloaded through Origin. EA reserves the right, however, to offer refunds under exceptional circumstances at its sole discretion.

weeee

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No, you can't "tell the game to restart the city". The only option close to that is "Start A New City" which just lets you start a new city at a different plot, and the old one remains. Several of us have tried it and those are the results.

Well, that's dumb.

However, if the other people in the region get together and help that one city, it's not that hard to start over. Just get a 15k, bulldoze everything and start over.

Except you may not get the resources in the city anymore... :p

Stasis

Some people are successfully obtaining refunds. Really depends on who you get as a rep, they're just inconsistent and/or lazy. Who knows.

You refund we ban your account, what a load of bullshit is that even allowed?

Not that I'm defending EA AT ALL, but he's just saying they'll ban the account if there's a credit dispute/charge-back. Basically it's EA saying there's no reason for a refund, and the person using their credit card to block money from being taken, so until it's resolved with EA to their satisfaction the account will be banned from using any products. I think Steam works the same way for disputed charges. I came close to initiating this process with Amex today and just saying fuck it to my Origin account anyway.

Well, that's dumb.

However, if the other people in the region get together and help that one city, it's not that hard to start over. Just get a 15k, bulldoze everything and start over.

Except you may not get the resources in the city anymore... :p

Except you can't fix radiation... ever.

/broken record

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Some people are successfully obtaining refunds. Really depends on who you get as a rep, they're just inconsistent and/or lazy. Who knows.

I'd say incompetent (not inconsistent) AND lazy: I haven't been able to buy anything from Origin the past year (account is probably flagged for Fraud. I don't know if it's my constant VPN hopping or the fact that my Xbox Account and EA account were hacked for Fifa Points the year before), made multiple calls to support and opened a ticket multiple times, and nobody can help me out.

They don't even tell me what's wrong, they just say "sorry we can't help you, call our phone line support" or "hey, that's really strange, I'll forward this to the proper section and we'll get back to you".

Not counting the one time they left me waiting on the phoneline for one hour and 27 minutes (it was a skype call and I was doing stuff on the computer, so I didn't actually notice the time go by) and a "elevated customer service attendant" never arrived.

EA is amazing

Pandemic

Any idea why my icons are invisible in the tutorial, the zoning icons are, and so is the bulldoze icon..
XXsHAqH.jpg

VALIS

You refund we ban your account, what a load of bullshit is that even allowed?

Steam does the same.

Any idea why my icons are invisible in the tutorial, the zoning icons are, and so is the bulldoze icon..

Server problems. Seriously. I don't know even HOW that's possible, but it was happening to me and that's what a lot of people have said. Log in another time and your icons will be there. Fucking mess.

Same here. I have industry, power, garbage, sewage, etc. in one city and residential and commercial only in another. It's been tricky to get them to commute, but so far so good.
tw62Rts.jpg

rLFg9PP.jpg

Still trying to get the middle area to sprout some high rise stuff...

I don't know a lot, but I know that's a pretty city. Nicely done.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Really? That's awful, they can't surely get away with such things?

Charging a purchase back directly from the bank is pretty much fraud, isn't it? Would you buy something on BestBuy and charge back from the bank?

Steam doesn't ban you anymore, they'll just lock your account until you solve the issue with support.

Top Bottom