• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity |OT| It's not the simulation or city that matter, it's <parameter: string>

evilhomer

Looks like that always-online really worked, right guys?

For those of you who have played it, how is the game? Can you avoid randoms and just invite people on your friend list?

I've been enjoying it. Mainly been about setting up our specific gaf region so no worries with randoms. Just need to make sure everyone gets the spot they signed up for at this point.

Not sure how public servers would be, but I had no problem setting up my own private regions before we could get the gaf one going.

edit: since it's a new page, if you are signed up for Discovery Delta #2 (Neotopia Delta) we are on the EU West server so look for us there and we will invite you :)

I've been enjoying it. Mainly been about setting up our specific gaf region so no worries with randoms. Just need to make sure everyone gets the spot they signed up for at this point.

Not sure how public servers would be, but I had no problem setting up my own private regions before we could get the gaf one going.

edit: since it's a new page, if you are signed up for Discovery Delta #2 (Neotopia Delta) we are on the EU West server so look for us there and we will invite you :)

Ditto Titan Gorge 1 people just send me a message on Origin and ill add you. We have 3 people on so far (including me).

Lucid07

I feel like I'm missing something, have people already decided who they are playing with online? Got to wait till Friday in Europe or hopefully Thursday.

VALIS

This is a clusterfuck right now. I can sign in fine, but I can't see a lot of icons and other necessary info on my screen. Other people are having this problem, too. I can't even lay a road to start the game because I click road and... nothing. I don't get that second menu to choose road type, just white space.

What a... unique problem. *kicks laptop*

ekim

This is a clusterfuck right now. I can sign in fine, but I can't see a lot of icons and other necessary info on my screen. Other people are having this problem, too. I can't even lay a road to start the game because I click road and... nothing. I don't get that second menu to choose road type, just white space.

What a... unique problem. *kicks laptop*

You get exactly that behavior when you're visiting other cities.

Dead Man

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity/user-reviews

Who ever is spamming SimCity user review on Metacritic needs to stop.
The game is really good, stop being a big baby because the server is busy
or you cant make a giant city like you wanted to.
It was very well made and its honestly a way better rating then what these childish
morons are saying. Grow up.

Stop being a big baby because you can't play the game you paid for?

VALIS

You get exactly that behavior when you're visiting other cities.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it says I'm a visitor at the top of the screen, but I don't understand, this is the area I chose in the private city I just set up. Game clock is running. I don't see any other button to start the game.

ekim

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it says I'm a visitor at the top of the screen, but I don't understand, this is the area I chose in the private city I just set up. Game clock is running. I don't see any other button to start the game.

When selecting a city you'll usually need to press the claim button - if it is already claimed you'll see the visit button. So it seems to be a bug or something.

VALIS

When selecting a city you'll usually need to press the claim button - if it is already claimed you'll see the visit button. So it seems to be a bug or something.

Yep, I did claim it. But I'm writing from the Origin in-game browser now to let people know if they're having similar problems that quitting and restarting fixed all the issues. It's now behaving as it should.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is Discovery Delta 1 up? I think Timetokill or DMPrince were going to set it up as we want to make sure we have a committed governor.

I will be on around 6-6:30EST as I have work. I hope it's a quick DL.

Titan Gorge #2 people--who is making the region?

It looks like storybrook77 is already in and playing the game (bastard!) so maybe he should make the region?

Haha. I was just messing around with the map we used in the beta. I stayed up way too late.

I suppose if someone else doesn't start it by tonight, I can do it. Stuck at work, with road designs swimming through my head.

Is Discovery Delta 1 up? I think Timetokill or DMPrince were going to set it up as we want to make sure we have a committed governor.

I will be on around 6-6:30EST as I have work. I hope it's a quick DL.

dl is super quick actually. the whole process thing is the download and installing.

and timetokill made the region earlier. he's offline right now. and he's the only one on there anyways lol.

and we are on US West 1

No worries it was just kind of thrown together last night since we were the only two on. Looking forward to seeing more people join in :)

For Discovery Delta #2 (Neotopia Delta)

The City Hall upgrades benefit the whole region so we can try to spread them out and make sure we get them all covered as they come.

Finance
Education - rico
Tourism
Transportation (Edit: Rico)
Health and Safety
Utilities - evilhomer14

As an update I just took on a second upgrade which I've listed in the bulk. Education and Transportation.

And really hope I can abandon that city I nabbed :D Guy isn't playing for a day or two but I need to be rid of it, damn forced tutorial made me claim one. Didn't want to force quit so I figured it'd at least ask me to confirm. Nope.

As a reminder Discovery Delta #2 people: Europe West 1, Neotopia Delta. One of the four people playing will invite you.

Edit: Figured out how to abandon it, had to do it through the main menu. No harm done, hadn't done anything with it.

smr00

Banned
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity/user-reviews

Who ever is spamming SimCity user review on Metacritic needs to stop.
The game is really good, stop being a big baby because the server is busy
or you cant make a giant city like you wanted to.
It was very well made and its honestly a way better rating then what these childish
morons are saying. Grow up.
Yeah! How dare people get upset over not being able to play their $60 game! Those goddamn immature babies. Goddamn them for not being able to play SINGLE PLAYER on their BRAND NEW $60 game.

This is what happens when you implement always online DRM. It's bullshit and doesn't stop pirating, it only hurts the consumer. This is the kind of bullshit that keeps people hating EA and Origin.

mitheor

Haha. I was just messing around with the map we used in the beta. I stayed up way too late.

I suppose if someone else doesn't start it by tonight, I can do it. Stuck at work, with road designs swimming through my head.

I´m Eurogaffer so i have to wait until thursday :(

Has no one created Discovery Delta 3 yet? I sent invites to everyone, but only like 5-6 people accepted so far. I was hoping someone with a more complete list would start it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
As an update I just took on a second upgrade which I've listed in the bulk. Education and Transportation.

And really hope I can abandon that city I nabbed :D Guy isn't playing for a day or two but I need to be rid of it, damn forced tutorial made me claim one. Didn't want to force quit so I figured it'd at least ask me to confirm. Nope.

As a reminder Discovery Delta #2 people: Europe West 1, Neotopia Delta. One of the four people playing will invite you.

Edit: Figured out how to abandon it, had to do it through the main menu. No harm done, hadn't done anything with it.

Add me to Finance

Quick

Banned
Funny how the game downloads so quickly, but processing takes ages.

Couldn't just tell us straight that it's downloading the game?

Loaded and ran in minutes. Played great, no connection problems at all.

Got in, messed around for a couple of hours, smooth as silk.

Great game so far.

More hate that I just don't understand.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, any news on other GAF regions?

I would like to play with like-minded individuals, not with Singaporean people that join your region, claim a spot and leave immediately.

georgc

Hey Metalmurphy whats the address to the registration site, I forget who is in my region and want to add them. Thanks

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well mine is working fine ;) Titan Gorge 1 guys please message me as soon as, its just gone 7am here and I haven't slept. Last pics from me:

curve1xuo8.png

Awesome screenshot Burgess!

I hopped into this thread this morning expecting to see more pics and impressions, but I see Origin reared it's ugly head instead last night. Hopefully you all get to play some today and bring feedback here, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game and hearing reviews.

I actually started terraforming a new Sim City 4 region last night, as the launch of the new game has me in the mood to build some cities!

VALIS

Once I got it working I enjoyed it very much. Menus, scrolling, zooming, animations, etc. are very snappy. Good sense of humor, too. Dying to play some more but I've gotta work.

B-Dex

Just finished a 7 hour session. My city is doing alright but there are some major road infrastructure flaws I need to fix. I was trying to keep my sims uneducated to keep dirty industry but the crime and arson got out of control. I even have a maxed out firehall and the giant mega firestation and they still complain about fire. Same goes for police and too much crime.

Top Bottom