• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Cyrano

The best result now is that Eliza wins due to the moe split, the next round ends with Beowulf/Annie/Minette/Aeon in the finals and the same business happens with Beowulf making it. No stupid moe in the game and everyone wins! ^-^
I think you're missing that any of these characters winning probably means that the next vote will be more united around the next lady in line, rather than Beowulf.

And really, any of these characters would be super-fun, I just want to see Minette.

I also think you're drastically underestimating the power of moe, but whatevs. The first thing you hear during MikeZ's introduction of Squigly at the convention reveal is squeals for how cute Squigly is - and she definitely is.

Hmm, I would think some people would be happy that Lab Zero changed the decision into two separate votes, but some people are acting like an all female final is the end of the world.

I would have personally loved for there to have only been one vote giving who's in the finals now.
Those people are still gonna act like little bitches if their favorite doesn't get in so whatever.

VariantX

Last time I check the majority of people in the FGC have no interest in SkullGirls.(4 people at Final Round for SG) People who didn't have interest but put in money were putting it towards a more diverse cast because you know not everyone wants to play Anime Weebo Moe garbage.

I voted for diversity what I got was the same old shit. Since I have a vote it will got toward Eliza but I have no interest in playing her or any of these characters. AKA I wont be going back and playing SkullGirls.

See, the FCG is NOT the majority of people who put money into the game, they are one group of people amongst a bunch of other groups who happen to be bigger than they are who put money into the game. Therefore, the majority won. Period.

Dreavus

The Salt™ is amazing. All of my picks got iced from last round to this round, and I wouldn't even consider trying to get a refund. That shit is scummy as hell.

Last time I check the majority of people in the FGC have no interest in SkullGirls.(4 people at Final Round for SG) People who didn't have interest but put in money were putting it towards a more diverse cast because you know not everyone wants to play Anime Weebo Moe garbage.

I voted for diversity what I got was the same old shit. Since I have a vote it will got toward Eliza but I have no interest in playing her or any of these characters. AKA I wont be going back and playing SkullGirls.

There's still vote number 2 before you cancel your figurative pre-order, although it sounds like you have made up your mind already. Plus, there's also entertaining the idea that maybe we should PLAY the characters before completely shitting on them.

Cyrano

So...

Should I throw in a question in tonight's poll asking if we should abort the second character vote, and let the team pick a character instead?

With some the things people are saying, I'd like to think that people are just being irrational and over-competitive, and this will all go away when the vote's over. But I'm not entirely sure of this.
I think this might make things worse, rather than better... plus you'd give them a better reason, given that what you promised was two character votes...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So...

Should I throw in a question in tonight's poll asking if we should abort the second character vote, and let the team pick a character instead?

While it is entirely up to you guys in the end, I would say no.

I'd rather have the voters take the hate/blame/salt for the next character picked than you guys getting the heat.

Real talk: Don't bend to their will just because they want some penis.

So...

With some the things people are saying, I'd like to think that people are just being irrational and over-competitive, and this will all go away when the vote's over. But I'm not entirely sure of this.
Anyone but a man will cause much turmoil across the land and this salt isn't going away unless you full out make a promise to pick a guy. I don't know if it's worth it to pander to these people who'd clearly torpedo the game just because they need some dick in their lives.
I'm reading a whole lot of bile.

I'm seeing a whole lot of...

iQkklbssfd4bb.png
Welcome to the entirety of the Skullgirls experience, Azure.

Thores

So...

This actually seems more likely to incur the wrath of chargebacks, since a second character vote actually was promised over the course of the campaign they donated to.

I think the FGC would play Skullgirls if it was a more stable game. The Microsoft patch isn't out yet, Mike Z is thinking of changing the game/characters so people are hesitant to learn the game knowing it will change in the future.

Kusagari

So...

The damage, so to speak, has already been done. You might as well stay the course.

Changing the plan now could only lead to more problems.

VariantX

So...

You're only obligated to deliver what you promised at the time of the campaign, which you have done. You should NOT be babysitting insecure man-children.

Ravidrath

I think this might make things worse, rather than better... plus you'd give them a better reason, given that what you promised was two character votes...

Yeah, I don't really think this is a good idea, but given the idiotic "fuck democracy" sentiment some people are displaying, I thought it might be worth exploring.

Dreavus

So...

Hell, I'd be all for it.

But... somehow I think it would make people even more crazy. The childishness is already astounding, really.

Caelestis

So...

That would seem like bait and switch, so no.

Yeah, much as i think i would make out better with you guys picking, do the 2nd vote. You are opening the floodgate for them to actually justify the chargebacks.

Possibly change the voting system though.

Yeah, I don't really think this is a good idea, but given the idiotic "fuck democracy" sentiment some people are displaying, I thought it might be worth exploring.

You'd be making more people angry if you let the team choose the 2nd character. Once people realize that there is a second vote they'll calm down.

Jawmuncher

Last vote is just one character right?
Also some of the salt here is nuts. Geez my tank fist didnt make it in, but it sure isn't the end of the world or anything.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The damage, so to speak, has already been done. You might as well stay the course.

Changing the plan now could only lead to more problems.

This. Changing the second poll could possibly lead to more chargebacks, as voters could then argue "We were told we could vote in BOTH polls when we donated, and now we cant!" #salt #can'tbepleased, etc

It's just not worth it.

So...

I really wouldn't compromise on it, some people might not like the decision but that's always going to happen and it would be far worse if you had people donate for 2 characters decided on vote then take that away.

I think you're missing that any of these characters winning probably means that the next vote will be more united around the next lady in line, rather than Beowulf.

I'm not too sure on that, in fact if there hadn't been 4 males (and to a lesser extent Eliza) I'm pretty sure Beowulf would have made it through, if Parasol had been in there than god knows what would happen. It's impossible to know for sure without the numbers though, I kinda wish they were released after each round.

So...

It feels like a lot of people are under the misunderstanding that there is only one vote, so I don't know. I don't think we should give this 'faction' any more credence or exposure than the one Eventhubs article though, and I don't think even bringing up the topic of cancelling is a good idea.

EDIT: clarified thoughts a bit

Nyoro SF

So...

Uh, that's a very bad idea. You promised two votes, if you deviate from that you have to answer contractually. It would make the situation much worse.

joe2187

Banned
So...

I dont think this will solve much, it could cause an even greater backlash, you had many characters up for votes and many fans behind each.

A better solution would just be to speed up the second vote and get it done with sooner so eventually this could all be put behind us.

Thores

Maybe the second vote should have a box that the voter is required to check, with something like the following (but better, I am clearly not a lawyer):

"By voting in this poll I acknowledge that my pledge to this campaign has only earned me the opportunity to vote, and not the right to my favorite character. The results of this poll will not be a factor in whether or not I ask for a refund."

Johnz

Neo Member
I think the FGC would play Skullgirls if it was a more stable game. The Microsoft patch isn't out yet, Mike Z is thinking of changing the game/characters so people are hesitant to learn the game knowing it will change in the future.

Well not actually. It's pretty stable on ps3..and the only complaint would be a lack of 360 support in addition to games that simply bring in more money. Mike literally doesn't have the means to keep patching the game over and over as much as he'd like. Also yes fgc people want dicks and alot won't play the game without them. This isn't to say the community is sexist..Arcana Heart got pretty popular for a while there..but we need to note that there were no big games at that time with bigger pots to collect. At a glance skullgirls could appear to be a fan service fighter even though it's really not.

A fgc following certainly doesn't keep the game alive and is only a fraction of the voting populace..but it in it's own way keeps a game alive for years ala melee mvc2 and others..

I just don't see the support getting any better in the long run no matter what lab zero does.

It is true. A promise for two character votes was made. This would have been the end result had you axed Squigly's slot for a male guy too, Ravi. Some people aren't going to be pleased no matter what. I can guarantee you that there are lurkers out there right now who'd want to chargeback just because I'm voting Annie lol.

sephi22

So...

Should I throw in a question in tonight's poll asking if we should abort the second character vote, and let the team pick a character instead?.
Why in the blue blazes would you think this is a good idea?
If you think things are bad right now....

Second Vote - All eligible characters available for voting, one vote only, one week only, no items, Salty Destination.
I agree with this. I don't see what another 4-5 voting system would achieve.
Because of multiple votes this time around, we had a lot of fanart and each character's fanbase tried to sway others for their secondary vote.
I think all allegiances are set now. A one shot poll for the 2nd character would be quick and painless.

Ravidrath

Why in the blue blazes would you think this is a good idea?
If you think things are bad right now....

I never thought this was a good idea.

But a lot of people are saying that they think having a vote at all was a bad idea, and this is the only resolution to that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So...

No. They have no leg to stand on, in regards to their character not being chosen. You all are and have been holding up your end of the bargain. If you take away the vote then they do. It's not worth the headache nor the negatives that might come with the change.

I don't know what you can do to get people to stop. I hope you can get it straightened out so that you don't lose anymore money from people being unreasonable and silly. I honestly don't see why this even possible.

The fan war battle poll-ish campaigns are fun. That shit is silly.

Azure J

Stay the course Ravi, the current sentiments suck, but honoring your word in the face of this shows fortitude.

Ugh, honestly, if anyone should blame anything, blame Def Jam for their bullshit legal drama holding the cast back. This game is going to be fine when they get all those characters in
and stick to Speed 3 because MAHVEL

bon

So...

I think you guys would make a better choice (Squigly and Big Band probably wouldn't have been voted in by fans but I think they're awesome) but yeah, a lot of people might feel ripped off because they were promised a vote and there's already too much of that charge back BS going on.

Azure J

Second Vote - All eligible characters available for voting, one vote only, one week only, no items, Salty Destination.

OK, I definitely need to see Eliza in now, because this terrifies me.

Excites me because Annie would be the absolute next pick (I think there's a legit cannibalization of votes between both the Annie and Minette fanbases honestly), but terrifies me because I think Eliza's strength in this round came from being "the next best thing" moving up through the different rounds.

Azure J

Man, Q is going to be disgusted with some of this when he comes back lol.

I feel bad every time he posts about Annie. I'm not anti-fish but I do think Annie has a lot going for her after confirmation that her galaxy stuff wasn't just a motif but a reference pool. That and sword. Need my Point/Trenchcoat or "Swurd Normulzzz"/Ninja synergy in all assist fighters going forward. :p

bon

By the way, I'm full-on Team Eliza at this point. I've been flip-flopping all over the place during this vote.

Top Bottom