• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Pennywise

I really liked the game, but it's just to expensive.
Gonna snatch it later on when it's cheaper...
Already getting Beyond Two Souls and GTA5 remasters is expensive enough for now...

So close to the GTA V re-release isn't going to do it any good.

Also, I forsee some games getting moved out of October, it's so packed.

It's getting announced right now as October, which is 2 months from release. Why announce it as October then move it within that time frame? Makes zero sense. It's staying at that date.

Toki767

The PC version was well, well above what the 360 and PS3 versions were. If this is just a straight port of the PC version, I imagine most will consider it on par with the other remasters.

I did play this on PC and honestly at the time it felt like the closest taste to what next gen would be like. I'm sure it'll look and play fine. I just think it's blatant price gouging for a port that probably isn't costing them very much to do. That and the DLC was nothing special.

diaspora

Will people say this for each remaster that get announced?

Shit gets boring.

People will ask this for each full priced game that's essentially an upres, especially when that game can be experienced in its "Definitive Edition" form for like $10-15.

MSMrRound

Pork_Bun_T-shirt_Meme.png

Didn't realise it was full price. Tomb Raider wasn't, was it?
Maybe people who didn't play it last-gen want to play it. Maybe even people who did play it last-gen wouldn't mind replaying it. Hey, maybe Square Enix want to get it out there to more gamers before the sequel or Triad Wars or whatever comes out.

it's not like they're doing this instead of a new game. who does this hurt?

IMO the release schedules for current gen are pretty barren, and many games are delayed so they pump out remasters just to release something. I wouldn't mind them if they weren't full price like newly developed games. 60 bucks is a joke.

Mortemis

Banned
Nice, never got it last gen. Looks like Destiny won't be the only game on my ps4 in 2014!

Will wait for black Friday though. Can't see myself paying $60.

PranooY

Will people say this for each remaster that get announced?

Shit gets boring.
I used to be like you. But this is too much. Too many remasters.
I do get that it is easy to port a game. Entire 2014 is delays after delays and too many remasters. Very few games like Evil Within and Destiny to look out to.

Meneses

Would triple dip if it was (much) cheaper, but I already own the game + DLC on PS3 and PC, so it's hard to justify this.

BibiMaghoo

The game was good, but this?

No. If it was £25 I would understand. SE are going to be disappointed with the results. That also means Hitman Absolution is next.

This was the second game I ever platinumed, and I never played any of the DLC, but $60 for a remaster w/ DLC feels a little steep if there's not going to be ANY new content. Either an additional DLC-size content pack or a slightly lower price would make this a must-buy, but as it is, it'ls probably going to end up as a "somewhat begrudgingly buy."

Ridley327

I loved this game when I played it on PC, but are they really trying to charge full price for this game again?

They're using the classic "over $X of DLC included!" bit to justify it. The game did have a lot of DLC, but the majority of it was strictly cosmetic, so it's hard to swallow.

Seik

Banned
People will ask this for each full priced game that's essentially an upres, especially when that game can be experienced in its "Definitive Edition" form for like $10-15.

Oh shit, I just saw the 60$ price tag, shameless.

That said, all these ''why?'' already have an answer, and it's money.

Seanspeed

Banned
What's the point? It was free on Xbox and ps plus at one stage.

Everyone who wanted to play it would have done.
Not everybody would have had PS+ or Xbox Gold, many people might have just plain missed out on it in general, and those that did play it and loved it might be excited to experience it in 1080p(and hopefully 60fps).

SerTapTap

The Last of Us or better yet Master Chief Collection should be a standard bar for remasters. All current DLC, significant visual improvement not just res, something that can't easily be gotten on a single platform in a single purchase (either console only games or a collection of games not previously all on one console). MCC is a bit above and beyond in that there's redone cutscenes and all multiplayer maps with the preferred multiplayer gameplay (halo 2), but the "remastered trilogy/collection" is a nice angle.

Krejlooc

Banned
I did play this on PC and honestly at the time it felt like the closest taste to what next gen would be like. I'm sure it'll look and play fine. I just think it's blatant price gouging for a port that probably isn't costing them very much to do. That and the DLC was nothing special.

It still looks great, too. Crank everything up as high as it'll go and throw it on a 3DTV for good measure and the game looks pretty stunning.

iNvid02

high asking price if it really is just a res bump with dlc

had a good time with it on PC, no desire to go back to it though

Top Bottom