• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Xater

I have not played it and would not buy it for more than 30€. That's most likely not going to happen looking at what they did with the Tomb Raider release.

Ridley327

Out of curiosity, was any of the non-costume DLC worth it? I got the impression that none of it was particularly substantial.

Hasney

Not going to buy as I have the PC version, but anyone who didn't get this needs to get on it. Would love a sequel.

The question "why?" is very appropriate in this instance though.

For the price, yes. Why the fuck is it 60 bucks? That's dumb as hell, unless it's TR-level of cleaning with additional content and changes that make it stand out. If not, then I'll wait for a drop.

For other stuff? Not so much.

BouncyFrag

Something I didn't ask for. Something I don't deserve. Gaming is awesome.
tumblr_n32hepMBdS1rvfy6do1_400.gif

I love Sleeping Dogs to death, but why is this $60. I hope they at least put in more improvements than just uprezzing it, like what they did with Tomb Raider.

diaspora

The Last of Us or better yet Master Chief Collection should be a standard bar for remasters. All current DLC, significant visual improvement not just res, something that can't easily be gotten on a single platform in a single purchase (either console only games or a collection of games not previously all on one console). MCC is a bit above and beyond in that there's redone cutscenes and all multiplayer maps with the preferred multiplayer gameplay (halo 2), but the "remastered trilogy/collection" is a nice angle.

The MCC is multiple games in one package, that I get. TLOU was fucking stupid though.

AdanVC

Another "Definitive Edition" of a game that is not even 3 years old? This generation will be the generation of the remakes, remasters and definitive editions and I'm not sure if I want to be part of that generation... :c

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat the original on PS3. It was good, but felt woefully incomplete. No huge desire to replay. Might pick this up in a year or two when it's sub-$10. Or play on PC for a few bucks.

Now SD2 built for current gen, that I'd jump on.

Majanew

Banned
I only played the demo on Xbox 360. Was alright. Will check this out when the price is lower.

Already played the definitive edition on PC but more exposure for this game is still excellent news.
PC players already have the DE. :/
Depends what this version has improved over the PC version. Tomb Raider DE has SSS and the trees sway in the wind. That's right, they sway.

Salex_

I really don't understand the people who bitch about remasters. Why does anyone think the resources used to port these games could fund a brand new game? And how often do the original developers port the games themselves?

You can only fund an indie game with the money from the port. We all know a vocal group on here loves to hate on indie games.

The developers of Sleeping Dogs are working on a new game. This port isn't going to cancel that.

Omega

Banned
Another "Definitive Edition" of a game that is not even 3 years old? This generation will be the generation of the remakes, remasters and definitive editions and I'm not sure if I want to be part of that generation... :c

If they're like Halo MCC sign me up.

unfortunately they won't be and it'll be like TLOU/TR/Sleeping Dogs and just be higher res with some DLC. Maybe better looking hair

For 30 I'd buy it, 40 I'd consider it but 50 and above you're asking for way too much for a game I got for free from a friend (and he got it on one of those super steam sales).

Xater

Not everybody has a gaming PC.

Why is that so hard to understand for some? :/

I don#t have a game PC but I still wouldn't pay that much money for this old port knowing the Steam prices. I will wait for it to bomb and then pick it up for peanuts.

SerTapTap

The MCC is multiple games in one package, that I get. TLOU was fucking stupid though.

$50 remaster with significant upgrades to a game still selling for $40 new (with well over $10 of extra DLC) that was on a single console 50% of PS4 owners don't own. Seems perfectly fine to me.

I only played the demo on Xbox 360. Was alright. Will check this out when the price is lower.

Depends what this version has improved over the PC version. Tomb Raider DE has SSS and the trees sway in the wind. That's right, they sway.
It also had an overhauled Lara and some neat environmental additions. That was enough to warrant calling it a remaster imo. Especially as that's probably how Lara will look moving forward.

Damn, I wonder how many more current gen versions of old games we're going to get. I just hope this leads to a sequel. Or even a game by the same developer in a similar vein.

BFIB

Crazy that this came out of nowhere, with a release date while there's nothing on GTA V.

Terrific game though, for those who missed out last gen, buy it!

Why they didn't release this during this dry summer period? I really don't get most publishers. It's going to be buried in october.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I don#t have a game PC but I still wouldn't pay that much money for this old port knowing the Steam prices. I will wait for it to bomb and then pick it up for peanuts.

Well if you are going to base purchases on steam prices no point in owning a console.

don´t get the hate for remasters or remakes, some people did not play the games on last gen or don´t have a good PC.

The more games the better, even if they are remasters.

diaspora

$50 remaster with significant upgrades to a game still selling for $40 new (with well over $10 of extra DLC) that was on a single console 50% of PS4 owners don't own. Seems perfectly fine to me.

The number of PS4 owners who've played it isn't really relevant. Incidentally, charging $50 for the same game at a higher res with some minor DLC is not a good thing.
Meh game too.

Well if you are going to base purchases on steam prices no point in owning a console.

No kidding.

I'll pick it up when it gets to $30 since it was free on games with gold and PS+ and I played a little bit but never finished

But glad for people that missed out

But yeah release all these HD remasters in the summer , October release means it'll be on sale on black friday B^)

Top Bottom