• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Krakn3Dfx

I never say this, but I hope this does poorly for them sales wise. It's time for Square Enix and the gaming industry as a whole to pull their heads out of their collective asses on these re-issues of last gen titles. It's fine when you do it, but to charge full retail price for it 2-3 years down the line is just insulting to gamers. This is a $29.99 title, no more.

I actually pre-ordered the ps3 version. While I loved the game and had a blast, I do not see myself getting this. The story was interesting and I liked the twist. The game also looked good on PS3, so not sure I would see the appeal in a visual upgrade.

Also didnt the game underperform according to the publisher. I am surprised they are remastering it. Honestly I would loved if they released a sequel instead.

SmokyDave

Sweet. The more titles are remastered, the likelier that I get my Saints Row: The Third HD Remix.

Not everybody has a gaming PC.

Why is that so hard to understand for some? :/
C'mon, you know how this works. All PCs run all games at a minimum of 1080p (locked) 60FPS, and everybody owns one.

Loving this precedent that TLOU remastered is setting....

A2LbxWpl.jpg

Majanew

Banned
It also had an overhauled Lara and some neat environmental additions. That was enough to warrant calling it a remaster imo. Especially as that's probably how Lara will look moving forward.

Well yeah, improved Lara model with sub-surface scattering.

I went
"Oooooooooooh!!!"

Played it on ps+, bought dlc for it, and would still double-dip!

It's that good. :)

I have zero problems with these remasters.

I'd back flip and streak down the street for Dark Souls collection and Demon's Souls Definitive edition

Another full priced cash grab... This trend is getting annoying. I want to play the game but see no reason to do anything other than purchase the PC version during Steams holiday sale.

Great game but I won't be double dipping, I see why publishers are doing this but I'm not going to support it.

Up next the lightning trilogy definitive edition...
I'd probably buy that though lol, though only for my final fantasy collection if it had any good extra content

I'm not going to double dip on this either despite having fun the first go around and like you I will be there day one if they did a Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Definitive Edition for $60.

Dabanton

Already seen everything there is to see in this game and with no MP plus being full price this is going to be a no thank you.

SerTapTap

The number of PS4 owners who've played it isn't really relevant. Incidentally, charging $50 for the same game at a higher res with some minor DLC is not a good thing.
Meh game too.

Did you miss the part where the original is still $40? Base game? It's barely any more expensive for one of the most acclaimed game with significant upgrades and like $20+ worth of DLC (only really care about Left Behind and that's $15). Sounds like you're letting the fact that you don't like the game/remasters in general cloud your value judgement. Aside from PS3 and PS4 cross buy/$10 upgrade programs (which were extremely limited), this is one of the best Remastered value offerings out there.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Should we expect Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut to get a PS4/Xbox One release soon?

I pretty much expect it will now. Push it out before the next Deus Ex maybe early 2015. I even wondered if Square would release Hitman: Absolution as well before the next title releases.

W.S.

Already own it both physical and digital so this is a pass for me.

I can't blame companies for doing this since it seems so easy to do for that extra money but it's getting a little too out of hand lately.

diaspora

Did you miss the part where the original is still $40? Base game? It's barely any more expensive for one of the most acclaimed game with significant upgrades and like $20+ worth of DLC (only really care about Left Behind and that's $15). Sounds like you're letting the fact that you don't like the game/remasters in general cloud your value judgement. Aside from PS3 and PS4 cross buy/$10 upgrade programs (which were extremely limited), this is one of the best Remastered value offerings out there.

The best remastered value is still inherently bad value.

TheTux

EatChildren, please post if you're ok.

Hopefully, that means a sequel is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Well they already said they're working on a game called "Triad Wards", didn't they?

Anyway it was a really great game, I loved that Hong Kong setting!

Daft Bird

This is pretty ridiculous. I have the game on the 360 and PC and really loved it but releasing it for the Xbone and PS4 is awful. I would rather have Triad Wars.

The number of PS4 owners who've played it isn't really relevant. Incidentally, charging $50 for the same game at a higher res with some minor DLC is not a good thing.
Meh game too.
Sounds more like you don't like the game and are therefore going to shit on it no matter what.
Yeah, TLOUR is incredibly underwhelming for someone who played the PS3 version. But there are a lot of people who didn't play it because they came from 360/Wii/PC etc.
Is that enough to warrant $50? I don't know. But if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Top Bottom