• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to XBO/PS4 on 10/14/14

Salex_

Loving this precedent that TLOU remastered is setting....

You mean Tomb Raider?

Anyways, why don't you ignore the games instead of bitching? No new game is being canceled because of these ports. Naughty Dog is releasing Uncharted next year, Crystal Dynamics is releasing Tomb Raider next year, and United Front Games has a new game in development.

I'm getting so tired of the lack of logic in these threads.

diaspora

How long until Rockstar tries to re-release GTAIV + EFLC remastered? Though to be fair I'm not sure if they can given the game was such a technical mess.

JPS Kai

I'd bite. Loved this one much more than GTA. Before Watch Dogs, it was the only open world game I got the platinum on.

MRORANGE

SD thread with no GIFS?

lets fix this.

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

ibsStGo6I00fKh.gif

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

Mononoke

Banned
Well, I already played this on PC w/ high res textures and 60 + FPS. But I mean, I really really loved this game. One of my favorites in the last 10 years actually. So, cool I guess?

Loving this precedent that TLOU remastered is setting....

Tombraider...

I really don't get why people are upset about these though. I mean, yeah I would rather get new games. But as long as these don't take up insane time/resources that delay new games, who cares. Think of this way. Imagine we have the same release calendar, without these remasters. We pretty much have months with nothing to play, until the new games eventually come out.

If these aren't delaying new games, you pretty much have the same release calendar, only instead of nothing to play, you have old games that are much better (60 FPS + resolution that is proper for most 1080p HDTVs). I would rather have this option vs no option at all.

Camjo-Z

Another last-gen game trying to pass itself off as a current-gen game for $60, what a surprise. I never did try the DLC, so maybe I'll consider this when it goes on sale.

ZeroX03

Banned
What precedent? Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was a thing.
That barely anyone bought.

And it went on sale for half price within two months of release.

SE's recent strategy seem to be release games at full price regardless of whether they're worth it, grab the suckers wiling to pay full, then drop it to its proper price the next month. XIII-3 was under half in less than three months too I think.

EGOMON

Those who never played this game before should jump out of happiness right now i can't stress how amazing this game was on last gen and now it got over-dose of awesomeness also this is the closest we will ever get to Shenmue 3.

Portugeezer

Played it on PC, good game, however it is not worth $60 for a 2 year old game, has been on sale many times, and given away in PS+... And with the lack of information seeing as this came out of nowhere I think it's safe to assume minimal effort has been put into this release.

cripterion

I find it to be an awful start for this generation.

Milking games for all it's worth so far. I understand not everyone got to play those "remastered" games but c'mon now... You could get the whole thing for less than 6 dollars with all DLC on pc.

Mononoke

Banned
I find it to be an awful start for this generation.

Milking games for all it's worth so far. I understand now everyone to plat those "remastered" games but c'mon now... You could get the whole thing for less than 6 dollars with all DLC on pc.

As long as they aren't delaying new games, then who cares. Would be the same thing without them, at least now we have the option to play some games during the downtime.

Awww dang!! I will definitely get this once it drops to around $30. As it is there are too many games dropping this Fall to get it right away.

Fuck all these companies for making me double and triple dip on shit too! lol

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Couldn't be more excited about this! I never got to play it on 360/X1.

Not paying $60 though. Will wait until cheaper.

I am the biggest defender of last gen ports but I am not a defender of them charging $60 for one game. This should be $39.99

Omega

Banned
As long as they aren't delaying new games, then who cares. Would be the same thing without them, at least now we have the option to play some games during the downtime.

Downtime in October? The month that had enough games delayed to make February 2015 stacked?

DOWN

Banned
Good, but kind of annoying me even more now that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 will be the only Square Remaster without art book packaging. Tomb Raider DE, KH 1.5, and Final Fantasy X HD all had it, and now Sleeping Dogs does.

Top Bottom