• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT3 Nocturne HD Releases May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

- PS4, Steam, Switch
- $50
- $70 for digital deluxe edition which includes Dante from the Devil May Cry™ smash hit videogame series
- Voiced English and Japanese audio (there was no voice acting in the original outside battle sounds)
- Additional difficulty levels

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Lol, is it seriously $20 for Dante? I thought it was only ~$10 in the JP version? Whatever.

So, I know the port isn't as good as people wanted it to be, but.... is it at least better than the PS2 version? I can't believe I even have to ask that, but hopefully at least the PS4 version is good.

Last edited:

Naibel

Finally ! The Vortex World with dubs, at 60 fps (?) and in 4k, here I come !

But the price tag for the Dante "deluxe" edition is stupid beyond belief. Greedy Atlus at it again...

I've always been interested in the SMT games but never played one. Wondering if this one is ok to start with? Would I miss too much lore starting in game 3?

A remaster of one 18 year old game that asks for 50$ (and locks content found in the original behind a 10/20$ paywall) and barely does anything worth noting aside from the frankly useless VA (there were few cutscenes to begin with and as a result i'm guessing it didn't cost them much) and it still has compressed audio and random battles, bravo scummy Atlus thanks but no thanks if I wanted to play Nocturne i still have my original PS2 copy and if im lazy the PS3 version is 9.99$.

Last edited:
if im lazy the PS3 version is 9.99$.
What!? There is a PS3 version? details please.

EDIT: It's a PS2 classics version. Does it run in HD?
Wish they brought over Digital Devil Saga 1-2. Its on the PS3 store....
Yeah, it's those are really good.

Atlus on PS2 had an insane run, to the point they didn't want to move to PS3 and just kept releasing games for it.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

I need a physical release of the game for my Switch, if not going with Steam, either way I’m getting this game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Up on Steam for preorder.

Okay, what's up with that chronicle DLC that says that adds the Amala Labirynth? Does it mean that the 50€ base game doesn't include the fiends and the True Demon ending?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Okay, what's up with that chronicle DLC that says that adds the Amala Labirynth? Does it mean that the 50€ base game doesn't include the fiends and the True Demon ending?
From the article in the OP:

Note: The Chronicle Pack is available in the base game for PlayStation 4 and Switch versions. It is free downloadable content for the Steam version only.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Tempted to get it on Steam, but I'll probably get it on Switch unless the Switch version is really bad.

Eh, $50... Idk I'll probably just wait for a sale I guess.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

That absolutely would be believable for Atlus but no lol they luckily used the north american version as the base. The idea of a nocturne without the fiend fights is like having toast without butter. That original japanese version is just weird.

Dream-Knife

Banned
The load times on Switch seem pretty bad.

But the tradeoff is the portable convenience.

The initial loading screen wouldn't bother me much, but I don't know how I feel about the in-game ones.

Didn't the game supposedly get patched recently? I remember people were complaining about the Japanese release and Atlus said they'd fix it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
From the article in the OP:

Note: The Chronicle Pack is available in the base game for PlayStation 4 and Switch versions. It is free downloadable content for the Steam version only.
That absolutely would be believable for Atlus but no lol they luckily used the north american version as the base. The idea of a nocturne without the fiend fights is like having toast without butter. That original japanese version is just weird.
Thank god. Yeah being Atlus it seemed like a move they could have made, but I guess this is just because for some reason they can't publish that part of the game on China.

I'll probably be picking this day 1. Game is amazing and it'll be even better thanks to the slightly better visuals and the improved fusiom system.

laynelane

I think it's just two extra dungeons created for players to farm in. In the image in this link, the dungeon does not appear in the original game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've always been interested in the SMT games but never played one. Wondering if this one is ok to start with? Would I miss too much lore starting in game 3?
You will jump on at a perfect time. Imagine the first two games did stuff with their battle system and then imagine the 3rd game taking all those things and fine tuning them. It’s a perfect place, especially since most people started with III. That’s saying that the first two games weren’t exactly that well known. They are super popular now. SMTII wasn’t ever released in English. I had to buy a repo of it. The first two games also have a very dated engine. Parts of them are cool, but SMT3 is a testament to why the series is recognized like it is. I played the first SMT on my iPhone, but you can’t even play it anymore because it was never updated to 64-bit.

Honestly, Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner might turn you off. Just saying, they play very differently in a lot of ways. I got them all on PSN many years ago. They’re all on PSN for Ps3. One of my main complaints about Ps3 digital not being compatible on another platform.

Last edited:

laynelane

It's tempting to go with the deluxe edition, but I really prefer to buy physical and already have the Dante content in the original game. I'll buy the regular edition and get the DLC pack whenever it eventually goes on sale.

J4cbXFi.png

I've been waiting for this!

This is so exciting! On May 25th, this game is going to take over my life once again lol.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I want to byte, but I'm still thinking of getting Xenoblade 2 and I don't want burn out from long JRPGs :( BTW it's only around $30 in my region so my pick anyway

Manji Uzuki

Never played the mainline SMT before but big fan of Persona and Digital Devil Saga so looking forward to play this one and SMTV. It sucks that they put DLC into this one though...

drganon

Probably will check this one out. I've never played it before and atlus has become one of my favorite devs as of late so I'm intrigued.

Fbh

I'll pick this up on some sale.
$50 for and HD port of a single PS2 game with paid DLC is too much.

Atlus as devs are great, as publishers they are shit tier.

TintoConCasera

What I'm wondering is what could be the reason for them to release it this late. The game is already translated and the games hasn't that much dialogue to make voice overs for.

Could they be remastering the battle music? I want to believe.

Buggy Loop

Oh god, PC version for sure. There’s no confirmation they fixed the atrocious OST sound quality for the console versions right? PC at least for sure there’ll be a mod.

Ultrawide hack too please !

MMaRsu

Banned
Oh god, PC version for sure. There’s no confirmation they fixed the atrocious OST sound quality for the console versions right? PC at least for sure there’ll be a mod.

Ultrawide hack too please !

Not sure whats there to mod as no better quality ost exists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom