• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT3 Nocturne HD Releases May 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjon24

It really took this long to bring this over and they are charging this much? Man how big of a atlus loyalist would you have to be to buy this... deep sale for me

Last edited:

Fbh

What I'm wondering is what could be the reason for them to release it this late. The game is already translated and the games hasn't that much dialogue to make voice overs for.

Could they be remastering the battle music? I want to believe.

I think if it had any further upgrades compared to the Japanese release they'd have announced it by now.
This just sounds like Atlus being Atlus.

At least it's a multiplatform release and not randomly exclusive to one system

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
OST version

The OST version doesn't have all the different versions for the common battle themes. There are 8 for each one starring different guitar solos, and those depend on the moon phase.

It's a pretty cool detail but it's also the reason why they had to compress it that much I think.

I'm glad Dante is optional.

Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

Starhowl

there are plenty of RPGs that released on PS4/Switch/Steam that never came to Xbox so I'm not sure why you claim that?
Strange, coming from you, considering that you're the one that made a false claim here about me having stated that, because in the end I didn't claim anything as I merely stated the likelihood of it happening from my own personal perspective. :pie_eyeroll:

Last edited:

Shifty1897

$50 for a remaster of a 17 year old PS2 game...

I've never played it, is it really THAT good? Persona 4 Golden is newer (and better?) and released for $20 last year so explain the logic here.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

I've never played it, is it really THAT good? Persona 4 Golden is newer (and better?) and released for $20 last year so explain the logic here.
There's no logic there, just plain greed.

The game is exceptional tho. It's fun as fuck, has an engaging combat system with a pokemon-esque mechanic of collecting and fusing demons, which is very addicting. On top of that the world building is great, and so is the music and atmosphere. Top JRPG for sure, but somewhat obscure compared to FF or DQ.

There's also a difficulty spike rather soon so maybe that's why a lot of people haven't managed to beat it, which I guess has affected the popularity of the game.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

The game is exceptional tho. It's fun as fuck, has an engaging combat system with a pokemon-esque mechanic of collecting and fusing demons, which is very addicting. On top of that the world building is great, and so is the music and atmosphere. Top JRPG for sure, but somewhat obscure compared to FF or DQ.

There's also a difficulty spike rather soon so maybe that's why a lot of people haven't managed to beat it, which I guess has affected the popularity of the game.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll add it to the wishlist and pick it up on sale once it hits $25 or less.

TintoConCasera

Thanks for letting me know, I'll add it to the wishlist and pick it up on sale once it hits $25 or less.
It's worth it for sure, but I would advise playing another megaten game first, maybe SMT IV or Persona 4, as those are more newcomer friendly.

Graciaus

It's a great game. But it is a straight up dungeon crawler unlike persona.

I think p4g just released to cheap they could have got away charging 40 and having it on sale at launch.

Xeaker

I am confused, does this version has Dante or Raidoo in it?
SMT Nocturne is one of my favorite RPGs, even did a Solo / One Turn Hard Mode Challenge :messenger_sunglasses:

TintoConCasera

I am confused, does this version has Dante or Raidoo in it?
SMT Nocturne is one of my favorite RPGs, even did a Solo / One Turn Hard Mode Challenge :messenger_sunglasses:
Raidou and the maniax content for free. Dante is paid dlc.

Xeaker

I just read you can buy with real money advantages like getting more EXP from battles. How pathetic can you be as a game developer?
At least it should disable trophies if you use this stuff.
Also I read you can play the game until the final boss, switch difficulty to hard, beat the boss and unlock Hard Difficulty Trophy for this...
I looked forward to plat this game but because of soft developers I am not gonna bother anymore.

Corgi1985

Banned
The fact that Atlus feels confident charging $70 for a non-resellable, DRM'd-up-the-ass version of 15+ year old port that's already playable on PC with emulation is really telling about the current state of the industry.
And yet it will still be one of the best RPGs on the switch. The industry is out of ideas and RPGs have been trash for at least 5+ years, with pokemon sword being one of the worst RPGs of all time and octopath also being exceptionally bad.

MMaRsu

Banned
And yet it will still be one of the best RPGs on the switch. The industry is out of ideas and RPGs have been trash for at least 5+ years, with pokemon sword being one of the worst RPGs of all time and octopath also being exceptionally bad.
Yea he was talking PC not the Switch where every game is gobbled up because there arent any better games out there

I'm picking up the Switch version to play it in portable mode. Can't wait! I also have a Best Buy coupon, so it will only be $30 for me.

Edit: it went up for preorder right after this post. So hype!

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Is this game difficult? I have heard the SMT games are notoriously difficult. If yes how does it compare to Persona 4?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is this game difficult? I have heard the SMT games are notoriously difficult. If yes how does it compare to Persona 4?

Its tough and sometimes cheap, but nothing crazy. If you play smart you will be fine. The main challenge is patience.

1. Need patience against bosses since you will likely game over a few times to figure the strategy.
2. Need patience (and humility) to take what you learned from those fights and capture/fuse the right demons to try again.

TintoConCasera

There are some difficulty spikes here and there, but as Sub_Level Sub_Level said as long as you are paying attention you should be fine.

There is one boss in particular that's considered amongst the hardest in all of videogames, specially of you are not too experienced in SMT. Beating that fucker is glorious tho.

lyan

Perhaps they realize nowadays a lot will wait for a sale anyway no matter what the initial price is.

Besides steam summer sale is a month or so away from release so it might give them some leeway to discount it. (wild guess, if it doesn't get one then I'm wrong lol)

TintoConCasera

Perhaps they realize nowadays a lot will wait for a sale anyway no matter what the initial price is.

Besides steam summer sale is a month or so away from release so it might give them some leeway to discount it. (wild guess, if it doesn't get one then I'm wrong lol)
Oh man I wouldn't bet on that. Steam sales aren't what they used to and recently released games don't get a sale often. ;_;

- PS4, Steam, Switch
- $50
- $70 for digital deluxe edition which includes Dante from the Devil May Cry™ smash hit videogame series
- Voiced English and Japanese audio (there was no voice acting in the original outside battle sounds)
- Additional difficulty levels

Wait $20 extra just for dante? Seems like a lot for a digital character. Also wasn't he in the original? I have the game on ps2 disc but never beat it. Got stuck at one point and put it down.
Will be buying again.

laynelane

Wait $20 extra just for dante? Seems like a lot for a digital character. Also wasn't he in the original? I have the game on ps2 disc but never beat it. Got stuck at one point and put it down.
Will be buying again.

He was in the original version released over here. Japan had Raido, we had Dante. Now, we get Raido and Dante is DLC. Agreed that $20 is a lot. I'll be waiting for a sale on that.

Kimahri

Banned
Fair warning. This game has not aged well. At all. If you remember this as that great, borderline amazing PS2 RPG, you're best served leaving nostalgia alone.

At least wait for a big sale.

Playing this ruined my memories, and I'm full of regret.

It's not a remaster. It's a lazy upressed port with no meaningful additions. They could at least have digitized the old manual to make entry a bit less of a pain, or added a simple log or mission marker so you have a clue what you're supposed to do if you should get lost for some reason.

Or even further. Take a note out of the square enix book and add boosts to speed and such to make the slow nature of it a bit less tedious.

Walking through the same near identical corridors get dull after a while.

Charging full price for this is insanity. Should be 20, tops.

Fair warning. This game has not aged well. At all. If you remember this as that great, borderline amazing PS2 RPG, you're best served leaving nostalgia alone
I just played it for the first time in 2016 and it rocketed up the list of my all-time favorites. Hard disagree from me. One of the best games I've ever played, regardless of era or genre, and I'm not even a huge jrpg guy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Fair warning. This game has not aged well. At all. If you remember this as that great, borderline amazing PS2 RPG, you're best served leaving nostalgia alone.

At least wait for a big sale.

Playing this ruined my memories, and I'm full of regret.

It's not a remaster. It's a lazy upressed port with no meaningful additions. They could at least have digitized the old manual to make entry a bit less of a pain, or added a simple log or mission marker so you have a clue what you're supposed to do if you should get lost for some reason.

Or even further. Take a note out of the square enix book and add boosts to speed and such to make the slow nature of it a bit less tedious.

Walking through the same near identical corridors get dull after a while.

Charging full price for this is insanity. Should be 20, tops.
I replayed this game on my PS3 and highly disagree with you.

I would even argue it aged better than most games came out last gen (PS4 & X1).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom