• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Harry Potter as a franchise is coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

Still waiting for a Persona style RPG or an MMO.

I am really enjoying the filling out of the universe though. I got the illustrated Philospher's Stone for my GF for Christmas and she absolutely loves it.

They never said anything about what formats they are going to release it, but I doubt it would be limited to ebooks. Wouldnt make sense at all.

Yeah, you're right. Just scrolling around Pottermore says, whatever new content is coming, it'll be in both formats. It did lead me to Amazon, where you can already preorder the Cursed Child hardcover, which I'll be doing soon.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Holy shit that illustrated Sorcerer's Stone looks amazing. I've always kinda wanted to read these, after seeing the movies. That seems like a cool way to get into it if they're really gonna do it for all the books.

GB colour Harry Potter game was my first experience with a gamebreaking bug. If you collected quest items early in a specific order, a mission critical item would never show up alter on and you couldn't progress. There was a gaffer who worked on the English localisation of the game and they found the bug but couldn't fix it in time.

It was a fairly fun RPG, although at the time I'd only really played Pokemon Yellow and Gold/Silver to judge it against.

This must've been why I couldn't figure out how to beat Chamber of Secrets. I dropped the game during the Gringotts section as I had no clue how to advance.

I'm fine with whatever as long as she doesn't resurrect Voldemort or some shit. I know that's impossible when you consider his death and everything, especially the nature of it, pretty done deal, but it's something I'll forever be concerned about until the ship actually sails.

Other than that let's do this shit. If there's a sequel series it should focus on new characters, establish a new threat, and have the original trio as sort of supporting characters but used to where when they show up it's super exciting. And she could easily pull a Luke Skywalker with Harry Potter later down the road.

I'd prefer a book about Harry being an Auror...

PROLOGUE

[Harry enters crime scene]

Auror: Glad you could make it Chief

Harry: I have a meeting to get to, make it quick.

Auror: Victim is... was a man named Johnathan Weasley

Harry: A Weasley? Jesus, Ron. I'll have to give him my condolences.

Auror: Yes sir. We'd like to ask him a few questions about the victim later if at all possible. Anyway, the body was located in an abandoned warehouse. Body seems to have exploded.

Harry: Exploded? Was it a muggle explosive?

Auror: At first we thought so, but there's no residue to speak of, we've inspected the whole place top to bottom. Sir, we may be dealing with a new dark arts spell.

Harry: Mother of God just what I needed this week. It wasn't enough that Albus Severus is getting picked on at school for having a stupid sounding name and having a Bieber haircut, now I gotta deal with this shit. Ugh. Continue the investigation and write the report, I want it first thing tomorrow on my desk.

Auror: It will be done sir. If you don't mind me asking sir.. what do we do from here? Some of the other guys in the office are wicked scared.

Harry: And they should be. But I don't know officer. We'll think of something come tomorrow.

Auror: Yes sir. What should we name the case file so you recognize it easily tomorrow?

Harry: ... Pop goes the Weasley.

[END PROLOGUE]

Pre-order the new Harry Potter novel "Harry Potter and the Really Fucked Up Case".

I know a guy who works at that theme park.

Apparently the butterbeer ain't all that good :/

I can confirm this.

When I imagined butter beer in the novels it was like this warm gooey butterscotch tasting thick drink.

Instead what I got is basically this combination a club I belonged to in South America did. Which is soda with condensed milk (not saying this is what butter beer at the park is, but it tasted EXACTLY like this soda with condensed milk drink)

What? Butterbeer, particularly the frozen version, is delicious. Not sure about the alcoholic version, haven't tried it yet.

I liked it but for me it was a tried it, don't really need another one kind of thing. But mostly because I'd rather be walking around Diagon Alley/Hogsmeade with beer.

I think the fact that she is revealing new Wizarding Schools from other countries is a way to imply that she doesnt feel restricted to writing about british wizards or Hogwarts for that matter.

I am sure if she writes another book it would be something in that direction.
I'm glad she is branching out a bit too. I don't know why, but it makes me think of Doctor Who---every alien invasion seems to happen in the UK. It's pretty piss poor writing from that viewpoint. Nice to see JK expanding even more on what she began in The Goblet of Fire by creating more schools.

The only thing that really bothers me, and it's just a personal thing, but it kind of sucks that we were hit over the head for 7 books that Dumbledore was the greatest wizard. Maybe just living wizard? But that dude was over 100 years old. And same with Voldemort being the "greatest" or "worst" dark wizard for I don't know how many years. It's going to take some good writing to make other wizards feel like much in comparison to those two.

xRaizen

The Butterbeer they serve in the parks is amazing. Love the taste. I will never leave either park without having drunk at least two orders of it.

Though I like the unfrozen one better.

I think the fact that she is revealing new Wizarding Schools from other countries is a way to imply that she doesnt feel restricted to writing about british wizards or Hogwarts for that matter.

I am sure if she writes another book it would be something in that direction.

You are welcome. I very much recommend them btw. The art in it is amazing.

They never said anything about what formats they are going to release it, but I doubt it would be limited to ebooks. Wouldnt make sense at all.

Personally I'd rather she steer clear from writing another novel series, and instead focus on the supposed encyclopedia she wanted to do. Have histories and wiki info of a BUNCH of stuff, including schools and how the magic societies in other countries work.

hamchan

Good. Even after the long storyline of the main books it still feels there's a lot of untapped potential in this universe. A lot of history that can be made into stories, a lot of other countries that have their own magic stories that could be told. I'm all for more Harry Potter, I love this series.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I wonder if there will ever be another phenomenon like the Harry Potter franchise.. I remember 3/4 of my school was reading every time a new release came out growing up.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I can confirm this.

When I imagined butter beer in the novels it was like this warm gooey butterscotch tasting thick drink.

Instead what I got is basically this combination a club I belonged to in South America did. Which is soda with condensed milk (not saying this is what butter beer at the park is, but it tasted EXACTLY like this soda with condensed milk drink)
Me too. It makes me sad that it isn't. Warm butterscotch flavored drink would be so good.

This must've been why I couldn't figure out how to beat Chamber of Secrets. I dropped the game during the Gringotts section as I had no clue how to advance.

I think it was Philosopher's Stone, but it's been a long time. Basically you had to purchase 3 items before going to Hogwarts, like a cauldron and a wand and stuff. Later on you have to collect some items for a potion after you'd arrived at school, and depending on whether or not you'd done the "wrong order" of purchasing initial items, one of the plot-critical potion items would never appear. That's my recollection of the bug, anyway. I didn't realize it was a bug at first, I just thought I was "stuck". Years later I found the post on gaf and it all clicked.

Can't wait for the rebirth of Harry Potter video games next year with 'Telltale Games Presents, Tales From The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry'.

Skelter

Banned
yet we dont have a good video game

The fuck we don't.

Harry_Potter_and_the_Sorcerer-s_Stone_-_2001_-_Electronic_Arts.jpg

All I know is the internet is going to explode the day the Cursed Child book releases and the people who didn't read the finer print realize it's actually a script and not a book.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
First DragonBall and now Harry Potter. Only thing left is Avatar (TLA, TLoK, not the James Cameron one). I'm so happy.

scamander

Banned
Holy shit that illustrated Sorcerer's Stone looks amazing. I've always kinda wanted to read these, after seeing the movies. That seems like a cool way to get into it if they're really gonna do it for all the books.

I'm still not used to the stupid name of the first book in the US. Please call it Philosopher's Stone, lol.

what if volderman didnt have a weiner just like he didnt have a nose :O

Voll der Mann

Maybe Rowling doesn't have enough money yet

h2rkdowv.png

oti

Banned

I got it as a Christmas present and it's awesome! Seeing a "new" Harry Potter book under the Christmas tree was such a nostalgic moment. Best Christmas present in years.

Joni

I would like a return of the books, although I can live with a couple of new movies. Give me a Mad eye moody movie.

scamander

Banned
I got it as a Christmas present and it's awesome! Seeing a "new" Harry Potter book under the Christmas tree was such a nostalgic moment. Best Christmas present in years.

I couldn't wait for Christmas and had to pre-order it myself. Now I'm impatiently waiting for the next one. :D
Do you have the German or English version?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, Voldemort never had sex. Right? Maybe that was the problem all along.

eXistor

If something is still popular after a few years of nothing and there's boatloads more money to be made, it's coming back. This applies to anything ever.

DKehoe

They really need to stream a showing of The Cursed Child to cinemas. If I can't make it to see the production live then just reading the script isn't a great alternative. Also it would make them so much money.

scamander

Banned
They really need to stream a showing of The Cursed Child to cinemas. If I can't make it to see the production live then just reading the script isn't a great alternative. Also it would make them so much money.

Either that or film it and release it on DVD and Blu-ray.

Joni

Wait a couple of years, they'll start throwing millions at Emma Watson if the Fantastic Beasts trilogy does great.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the more harry potter the better. those books are what made me fall in love with reading. i really do believe i'd be a different person if i hadn't read them. they helped get through some tough times in my life and helped shaped the way iam.

personally what i'm looking forward to most is the cursed child script and the new movies. everything else is cool but might never experience them.

i would love JK to write another novel in the harry potter world. however like it has already been said i feel like we really need a good video game.

Pachimari

Can someone link me to these?

- they are also launching fully illustrated editions of all the books featuring drawings from tim kay, and they look awesome. Only philosofer stone is available for now, but the second one is coming this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom