• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So apparently Harry Potter as a franchise is coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

We'll be through 90s nostalgia within 5 years, and the next generation of 25-35 year olds will be keen to relive their 00s childhood. Harry Potter was a big part of that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Rowling could just write more books in the universe. I don't exactly think people are attached to Harry himself as much as she might be imagining.

If she wrote a different series about Steve Johnson, a by-the-books rookie Auror assigned to partner with Dan Peters, his reluctant maverick of a partner who doesn't want to talk about what happened to his last partner, my guess is roughly the same number of people would read it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Where the hell is this? Dont tell me this is suppose to be Hogwarts... Why is the great hall being held up by trees? Why does it look so crappy?

ChamberOfSecrets_5.jpg
If it's concept art, it's most likely not sanctioned by Rowling purposefully. Artists are able to do their own take on what they think the world looks like, but it's not meant to be cannon.

LuuKyK

You can buy wands? Where?

At the Universal or Hollywood Harry Potter theme parks. You can also buy them online (I think). There is literally a different wand for every character in the story, and they are all different and cool looking.

Are the books she wrote after HP any good? Are they successful?

They are pretty good. Completely different from HP, and obviously not as successful.

Damn those illustrated versions are amazing. I bought the full boxset for my sister for Christmas, just the normal hardcovers, but I should have just gotten one of these. They look so good.

Only Philosopher Stone is available so far from the illustrated ones. But yeah, they look awesome.

Where the hell is this? Dont tell me this is suppose to be Hogwarts... Why is the great hall being held up by trees? Why does it look so crappy?

ChamberOfSecrets_5.jpg

Its official artwork for the second fully illustrated book. And well, Rowling gave Jim Kay a free pass to reimagine the world as he likes (we ofc with at least some of the original ideas being retained). I think that looked pretty cool anyway (the tree trunks as a base for the castle).

Dream Harry Potter Game:

- Open World
- RPG
- Persona 4 social links mechanics
- Being able to choose any House you want.
- Magic Casting System similar to Dragon's Dogma
- Being able to participate in Quidditch, Goblet of Fire, etc.
- Most importantly, being able to create your character.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom