• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So did GAF ever decide Capcom's Ace Staffer (Kamiya versus Mikami) FIGHT!

C- Warrior said:
That's not a Mikami curse imo, Capcom's games are more "hardcore" than your typical Snoop Dog edition street racer.

And as much as everyone likes to tout PS2 100 million units, how much is that sold to those who pirate games? To those who repurchased a system, a slim-line, units sold in China/Korea/India where everyone pirates games etc.

Gamecube has next to no piracy, a slightly more hardcore audience etc., it's no curse or 'magical happening' that Capcom titles sell more on Gamecube than PS2.

And the fact that it's happened with ALL multi-console Capcom games should tell you and Capcom something.

Why DMC and Onimusha has been ps2 exclusive is beyond stupid, put that shit on Gamecube.

At this point seems kind of late in the game, come it's the end of 2005 for the GC, the GC!!

As for DMC exclusivity though, Sony got them to show a teaser at the PS3 unveiling specifically saying that DMC4 is coming to PS3!! Think about it, that seems like a pretty tight connection so far ahead, especially a such a huge showing for the next Playstation.

capslock said:
That's a pretty good setup I guess, on the PS2 I have the combo modifier/target lock set to R3, that way I can keep the analog stick pressed and get off all the moves.

God, I would vastly prefer the GC analogue stick to the PS2 one for DMC3, it's just so much better.

You switched DMC3 controls (target lock) to R3?

What the fuck?

That doesn't make any sense. If you're target locking by using your right thumb, how are you pressing the attack buttons? You got two right thumbs or something?

I think you mean to say L3, but even still--that seems awkward.

Most peole leave target lock to R1 (R1 for nearly every game/genre has been the 'target lock' button), if anything people change L1 to melee switch and R2 to devil trigger.

But hey, what works for you I guess, but that just seems painful ;)

HomerSimpson-Man said:
At this point seems kind of late in the game, come it's the end of 2005 for the GC, the GC!!

As for DMC exclusivity though, Sony got them to show a teaser at the PS3 unveiling specifically saying that DMC4 is coming to PS3!! Think about it, that seems like a pretty tight connection so far ahead, especially a such a huge showing for the next Playstation.

Capcom has never touted the PS2 DMC games has exclusive.

I'm sure Sony made an effort for Capcom to get DMC4 to have that "only for PS3" tagline to get the early hardcore gamer adopters on board, but just because DMC4 is ps3 exclusive (and even if Sony has a stake in it's exclusivity) doesn't mean DMC1-3 are.

And who cares if DMC1 is a 2001 game, to say DMC's biggest competition for pure-core action on Gamecube is PN03 (yes, PN o-fuckin 3) just showes how easy DMC has it in the bag on that console.

Soul4ger

Error2k4 said:
I think he left Capcom to form his on game development house (Game Republic something like I don't remember very well) or am I mistaking him for someone else?

Thus, the joke.

Ironclad

Although I do have quite a bit of respect for Mikami, I am going to have to say Kamiya. Okami is what puts Kamiya above Mikami in this regard, although I have yet to play it.

jarrod

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Why DMC and Onimusha has been ps2 exclusive is beyond stupid, put that shit on Gamecube.
Mikami wanted DMC1 ported to GC, but Capcom management wouldn't allow it due to their royalty deal with Sony. Genma bombing sort of killed any possibility of future Xbox ports of the Onimusha series as well.

Hopefully next gen, Capcom will be smart enough to keep all their high profile action games (RE, DMC, Oni, Dino Crisis) on all viable platforms. All most of Capcom's games would've benefitted from multiplatform release on day one I think (Dragon Quarter, MMX7-8, Maximo 1-2, Chaos Legion, PN03, Ookami, VJoe, Tekki, etc).

I have quite a bit of faith in both Mikami and Kayima. And I don't see why in every thread regarding one of the two everyone here gets into a big argument about them. If I had to pick a "favorite" then I'd pick Mikami but that isn't out of lack of respect for Kayima.

jarrod said:
Mikami wanted DMC1 ported to GC, but Capcom management wouldn't allow it due to their royalty deal with Sony. Genma bombing sort of killed any possibility of future Xbox ports of the Onimusha series as well.

Hopefully next gen, Capcom will be smart enough to keep all their high profile action games (RE, DMC, Oni, Dino Crisis) on all viable platforms. All most of Capcom's games would've benefitted from multiplatform release on day one I think (Dragon Quarter, MMX7-8, Maximo 1-2, Chaos Legion, PN03, Ookami, VJoe, Tekki, etc).

Dino Crisis 4 that plays like Resident Evil 4, make it happen Capcom, make it happen. It would be a great exclusive Revolution game. Cus' look, even though there is the whole "Revolution" doesn't have the target audience for DC, however--Capcom should take advantage of the fact and put it on Revolution. Because then Dino Crisis 4 becomes 'the' mature game to get. Why did Dead or Alive 3 sell amazingly well for Xbox yet Dead or Alive Ultimate sold like trash? Because DoA3 was the only 'fighting' game to get. Capcom could have had another hit on their hands imo if Dead Rising came out at launch. Now, it's up in the air, who knows.

Top Bottom