• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I Broke My Wife's 3DS Tonight...

tbm24

If it makes you feel any better about it(at least initially), I found that Zelda LE 3DS XL to be very brittle in the hinges. When I got my first one that same hinge broke opening it up the first time. Went from excitement to thanking myself that I used amazon who sent me a replacement right away. I never did take it out the house have been paranoid opening it ever since.

Pro

What the fuck. You broke a Zelda 3DS. You're a goddamn monster.

Fuck. Call the Sparrows on me.

FRZRJXm.gif

jrcbandit

What the fuck. You broke a Zelda 3DS. You're a goddamn monster.

I felt really bad when I dropped mine on cement by accident. It scratched the beautiful front. I ended up selling it because I couldn't stand looking at my mistake, lol. At least I upgraded to a n3DS like the OP.

Jimrpg

the sad thing is that they are still $200!

If they would just take out the 3D and keep the clamshell maybe it'd be a bit cheaper by now.... (I don't really like the 2DS model)

mollipen

Glad everything worked out in the end, and good on you to get it fixed so quick.

I just checked how much it would cost to replace my 3DS (the original pearl pink model), and lord help anyone if they broke it.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Well done, OP, well done indeed. It's not everyday someone would go out of their way during an important date to replace a broken object a significant other held dear. Glad it turned out alright.

Seloth

Banned
I thought the OP was going to end with you being unable to do the transfer, or at least the Mii Plaza stuff not transferring.

Glad it all worked out :)

Halabane

This: "Kind of sucks she lost the sentimental value of the Gold Zelda 3DS she had for so long but she's relieved and so am I."

So glad you got the data but still hurts to lose the gold zelda. Its funny with handhelds you spend so much time with them versus just looking at tv screen that it is a very personal item.

The downside of you being lucky enough to retrieve the data is you are personally responsible for the lost of the world series by the Indians. It is all your fault. You must live with this forever because you obviously made a deal with the devil to have this all work out.

By the way that new pokemon 3ds (which I have one) is surprisingly nice looking.

Oublieux

I'm glad things worked out and everything transferred without a hitch, but this is one of the reasons I wish Nintendo hadn't stuck tying software to hardware IDs.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Glad it worked out man!
But honestly if/when Nintendo finally has a standard account system that kind of fear wouldn't even be a thing.

R0ckman

Was half expecting the OP post to not have been finished and just cut off with a report of a lost GAF member later.

NolbertoS

You know I have that Zelda 3DS XL collecting dust, since I bought the n3DS XL. After hearing your story might cherish more now and Put it back in its original case for safekeeping. Also congrats on your wife getting a new 3DS XL from her hubby

Top Bottom