• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I totally screwed up everything and I'm going to be alone forever now

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Use this time alone to watch more movies and television because this has literally been used as a plot numerous times. There may be other lessons in them to learn before making those mistakes yourself.

daffy

Banned
Damn boy you really gave it to yourself on this one

But listen, you're 31, which is essentially the new 21. Leave the game, go explore some mountains or some shit, do some meditating etc. Come back at 35 ready to slay these hoes and you'll realize that pain is temporary and life is long.

Just don't make the same mistakes goddamn

finalflame

This read like someone who doesn't have the maturity to realize that nothing, short of the actual end of the world, is ever the end of the world. You'll be fine. Take a breather and focus on yourself, losing a relationship, or two, is not the end of the world or even close to it.

Shredderi

This read like someone who doesn't have the maturity to realize that nothing, short of the actual end of the world, is ever the end of the world. You'll be fine. Take a breather and focus on yourself, losing a relationship, or two, is not the end of the world or even close to it.

We don't agree on the whole circumcision matter but here I echo your sentiment.

haxan7

Banned
I'm personally invested in whether the girl keeps seeing him or not. I'm really hoping she does (not trying to be funny/sarcastic)

finalflame

We don't agree on the whole circumcision matter but here I echo your sentiment.

giphy.gif

To a fresh start :p

Look, you really messed up. I kind of just got angry reading all of that. Cheating isn't cool obviously. You don't need to be told this. Or do you...? But you won't be *forever* alone. People make mistakes in life. It's all part of the process. And no one is incapable of redemption. You can totally learn from this and have a great life ahead of you full of wonderful relationships.

Just relax. Catch your breath. Realize your life isn't over. Define who you want yourself to be. Start making steps every day, no matter how small, to reach that goal.

Good luck.

HeySeuss

I had to laugh at the part where you told your ex all you do is argue and she said no we don't.

Thanks for the laugh lol

Bit of a bizarre situation and I can see why you feel bad about your mistake at the moment, but what makes you think you'll be alone forever? Couldn't really extract that from your post.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm personally invested in whether the girl keeps seeing him or not. I'm really hoping she does (not trying to be funny/sarcastic)

Just got finished texting her.

She's really, really hurt. She blames herself for not being more physical with me sooner (absolutely not true, she's awesome as is). Says I should stay with my Ex because I still want her (absolutely not true). We had a long discussion. Personal things were said.

However,

Despite the fact that I'm scum, she said that she needs to think about all this and we said goodnight.

I'm going to give her several days space. I'm fully prepared to be fully dumped. But I've made it as clear as I can that my Ex is X'd and that I really do want to be with only this girl.

She told me "Things always get better".

Now I wait.

Anticol

Banned
You fucked up and you got what you deserved, I hope the girl you were dating move on from you cause it would be really unfair if you go out together again, she deserves so much better.

finalflame

Tbh, relationships are almost never the same after shit like this. One or both sides end up bottling up a lot of resentment/mistrust and in the end you're most likely just putting yourself in a needlessly complicated relationship. Personally, I'd take the lesson and look for other fish (in the sea).

Either way, hope whatever the outcome you end up feeling better.

RedZaraki

Banned
Tbh, relationships are almost never the same after shit like this. One or both sides end up bottling up a lot of resentment/mistrust and in the end you're most likely just putting yourself in a needlessly complicated relationship. Personally, I'd take the lesson and look for other fish (in the sea).

Either way, hope whatever the outcome you end up feeling better.

Thanks man.

P.S.

If our relationship survives this, I'm going to marry this girl.

This sounds super familiar. Reminds me of the time of when someone does something bad and the person goes, "shit, I'm sorry, I'll buy you a case of beer or something to fix this".

You shouldn't be making promises to make your sins appear less.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nahh OP, just use this as an opportunity for you to grow. You're feeling that way only because you only have that happening to you so your mind is screwy and not thinking logically.

I too have been, more than once, at a point where I believe that I would be alone forever. I too, have been, more than once, at a point in my romantic life where I truly fell to the utmost bottom of the ocean...

Yet now I am with someone. So just make sure you learn from this, and not to repeat your mistakes in the future.

Resilient

Take the L man. You fucked up big time and things won't be the same with the girl you do like. You broke the trust before it even had time to form. She deserves way better than you.

Hmmm.....

Yeah, you goofed, but you won't be alone forever unless you want to be. Learn from this and never do anything like it ever again.

Good. Hiding something is only going to make a bad situation even worse. If it works out now, at least that's not something to carry around. If it doesn't then it was never going to work out anyway. Best decision OP made in this whole situation.

Plus if you're cheating on someone and go back to someone else that you want to have sex with, they deserve to know that they may be exposed to STDs.

Nope to all that. Get yourself tested if you must, then bury that shit deep inside and never do it again. What good came from him telling her? Not a goddamn thing.

I will never understand why people confess to cheating on their own free will. If you feel guilty and shitty doing it then learn from it and never cheat on them again, and hope your partner never finds out; because once that trust is broken, it's very difficult, if ever, to rebuid it.

Replicant

P.S.

If our relationship survives this, I'm going to marry this girl.

FUCK NO.

You should not:

1. Marry someone
2. Have children

In order to make up for the bad things you've done to the other person (cheating, etc). That'd be disastrous.

Instead be a better person and show that side to the person that you've wronged. Whether or not you'll end up together should happen naturally and not because you feel guilty.

norinrad

Damn boy you really gave it to yourself on this one

But listen, you're 31, which is essentially the new 21. Leave the game, go explore some mountains or some shit, do some meditating etc. Come back at 35 ready to slay these hoes and you'll realize that pain is temporary and life is long.

Just don't make the same mistakes goddamn

30 is not the new 20 and neither is 40 the new 30, people should really stop saying this stupid whatever it is that some idiot coined up. The Man is 31 years old and fucked up. Sure he can make changes to his life and get lucky again with another lady. But he fucked up and he's not a child, he's 31 years old. Teenagers are the ones that should get a free pass as they are teens and most likely will do silly things, which is part of the life experience, this man is not a child, he's 31 years old.

FUCK NO.

You should not:

1. Marry someone
2. Have children

In order to make up for the bad things you've done to the other person (cheating, etc). That'd be disastrous.

Instead be a better person and show that side to the person that you've wronged. Whether or not you'll end up together should happen naturally and not because you feel guilty.

Take this advice though, holy wow

30 is not the new 20 and neither is 40 the new 30, people should really stop saying this stupid whatever it is that some idiot coined up.

Well shit I was really banking on this concept

theaface

Just got finished texting her.

She's really, really hurt. She blames herself for not being more physical with me sooner (absolutely not true, she's awesome as is). Says I should stay with my Ex because I still want her (absolutely not true). We had a long discussion. Personal things were said.

However,

Despite the fact that I'm scum, she said that she needs to think about all this and we said goodnight.

I'm going to give her several days space. I'm fully prepared to be fully dumped. But I've made it as clear as I can that my Ex is X'd and that I really do want to be with only this girl.

She told me "Things always get better".

Now I wait.

Sounds promising. After a few days, call her. Stop with the texting nonsense when it comes to the important stuff. Show her you care, let her hear how much you care and have her see and feel you put the effort in. It sounds like she has confidence issues so do your utmost to make her feel fucking special.

massoluk

Banned
Your relationship will not based on lie if this comes to pass.

But by god, you better build her a shrine if she still want you.

Bladenic

30 is not the new 20 and neither is 40 the new 30, people should really stop saying this stupid whatever it is that some idiot coined up. The Man is 31 years old and fucked up. Sure he can make changes to his life and get lucky again with another lady. But he fucked up and he's not a child, he's 31 years old. Teenagers are the ones that should get a free pass as they are teens and most likely will do silly things, which is part of the life experience, this man is not a child, he's 31 years old.

Lmao right? This is like when people were making excuses for Ryan Lochte's behavior with "oh he's just young, boys will be boys" or whatever the fuck else they said, when the dude is in his thirties.

Certain things can be excused as "young and stupid" up to a certain age. Past 30 is way past whatever that certain age would be (maybe mid 20s at the latest).

tr00per

FUCK NO.

You should not:

1. Marry someone
2. Have children

This OP. Honestly the best thing for you probably is to take it easy for a while. Give yourself some time to reflect and grow. If she's willing and if you really care about this new girl, give your relationship the best chance to succeed and take it slowly.

To exhaust a metaphor, it's already on a shaky foundation. The only way it will be healthy and long is if you take the time to mend it properly before you try building on it.

And if she isn't willing then for heaven's sake take some time to be alone and reflect

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh boy. You made huge mistakes but you have admitted to them and realize what you did was wrong; that's a good first step. As long as you learn from this and don't repeat your mistakes, then it's not all bad and not all for nothing. You won't be alone forever, even if it feels like it now. Also, even if you get back with the girlfriend, this definitely taints the relationship in a way that will cause issues going forward unless she is one hell of a forgiving person. As a result, you're probably better off with a brand new relationship where you both have a fresh start anyway.

LowParry

Man I can't believe what I just read. I mean, you got played the fuck out of something probably amazing. Over an Ex? Really? ................................you'll be fine. Please don't do that again.

Your ex broke up with you previously, ran off and married a woman, you were dating an amazing girl and you threw that away to hook up with the ex? Wow. I don't even know where to begin. Hopefully you learn from this and value future relationships. Hell, give the amazing girl time and maybe she'll forgive you.

i guess nostalgia is a powerful drug (or poison) for OP..

You fucked up, you felt bad, you said sorry, and now you really need get your shit together because this doesn't mean you're dead or sentenced.

Internalize the lessons you've learned and be a better person next time. That's how life works, man. Those two aren't the only two in the world, and you don't have a Scarlet letter branded on your forehead or anything.

Edit: that said, you should probably choose to be single for a while in order to work your shit out so you aren't lugging baggage into the next relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom