• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is there anyone that DOESN'T like the Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I realized just now that I haven't read any testimonials from people who don't like it.

I know there are at least some of you out there. Reveal yourselves!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's new and shiny and lots of fun. It's hard not to get swept up in how great a lot of the games feel.

I think the Wii has a lot to prove, but I think haterz were quieted by the overall impressive initial experience. They'll be out in the future.

Avalon

I don't own one, but I've played Wii Sports and Excite Truck for quiet a bit of time.

I was bored out of my mind.

Surreal

I've got nothing against it, but I probably won't be picking one up unless some more games (mainly 3rd party) come out for it.

Snah

Banned
The choice of not going HD bothers me a lot. 480i/p material just does not look good anymore.

I'm not expecting PS3/Xbox 360 power, but it would be nice to have decent image quality in HD.

I'm not seeing where my $250 went.

i only played Wii Sports and I didn't like that game at all, I feel that I don't have control in that game and that alone pisses me off.

I will wait for a real Wii game "Super Mario Galaxy" to really sink my teath into it.. until Mario Galaxy and Sonic Secret Rings.... I will stay Wii-less for now

fresquito

Avalon said:
Hey!

That's exactly like I feel. Hopefully this mini-game BS will end... someday.
So far from the launch games only two are based on minigames (Monkey Ball and Rayman) and one of them uses minigames only for multiplayer purpose.

Hopefully this mini-game BS will end... someday.

Avalon

fresquito said:
So far from the launch games only two are based on minigames (Monkey Ball and Rayman) and one of them uses minigames only for multiplayer purpose.

Hopefully this mini-game BS will end... someday.

If you read my earlier post, you would know that I clump non-games, casual friendly and mini-games into the same group. :)

Bezz

Banned
I dont have one, and probably never will.

I dont like the Wii, to me it is the cheapest (not moneywise) and quickly-put-together console out there. Not interest in any Wii game, not one.

Flame me all you want. Next Gen is backing me up

Tabris

First time in 10 years that Nintendo has made a console where I thought the hardware was the right choice. There's only a few things wrong with the hardware (lack of hi-definition video and audio) but that's more Nintendo's backwards thinking. Otherwise, the ipod-esque design of the console and OS is perfect.

Nintendo has done a great job. It will be a perfect secondary console.

Now... anyone who thinks this will make a good primary console either only plays Nintendo games or is crazy... this will be a Nintendo-only club console again like the Gamecube except the difference is Nintendo is doing almost everything right this time.

A- for the Wii so far. Could have been an A if it wasn't for the lack of optical/1080i.

Zer0

Banned
Mike G.E.D. said:
I like the Wii. I just don't like the games for it.

its my case there,the console is not bad ( alas a gc1.5)but cant hold a candle against the 360 and the future games

nintendogs,braintraining,partygames..and that stuff its not my type of game,and i dont wanna play turds like red steel or excite trucks with gfx of the last gen when i can play things like gears of war or motorstorm

etiolate

Banned
This makes me wonder two things.

1. Who has changed the mind of doubters or consumers with it's product out of the three consoles companies?

Well, Microsoft changed my mind with the 360, because of Viva Pinata, Arcade and Lost Planet. Now I want a MS console, and I had no love at all for the first xbox. So MS has done well there, plus they've finally gotten some Japanese support I care about. Nintendo, it sounds like, has changed some minds now that people have actually played it. Wii Sports is being more well recieved post launch than it was pre-launch. Sony though, I don't know if they've changed anyone's mind. The price is daunting, the software lacking and the vision absent.

2. So if Sony hasn't changed anybody's mind, does it really matter? There's so many sony playstation brand fans out there, do they need to change anyone's mind?

Don't know.

Bebpo

Banned
I think it's the worst console I've spent over $100 on, sure.

If it wasn't for Zelda I'd have sold all the system+games+accessories already in order to regain as much of the lost money as possible. Wish I could get my 3 hours in line for it back as well :\

Bezz

Banned
And BTW, I have played it.

For 50 dollars I can buy Red Steel, or I can put 10 more dollars and buy Gears of War...such a hard decision (sarcasm). Zelda saved the Wii, since nothing on the wii is worth 25 bucks.

After playing 360/PS3, I dont see how people can go back to play with their wiis. Fun? fun is great, but it dont last for so long....when the best game is a free collection of mini-games that came for free.

Nintendo, show me the fun!

Dante

Well since you asked.......I got bored with the one here at work in about 10 minutes. Granted I only tried bowling, and tennis, but It didn't in any way make me want to purchase one.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
I think it's the worst console I've spent over $100 on, sure.

If it wasn't for Zelda I'd have sold all the system+games+accessories already in order to regain as much of the lost money as possible. Wish I could get my 3 hours in line for it back as well :\
yeah you were prepared to hate the console on day 1, just like ff3. I dont get why spend 3 hours in line buy a bunch of shit on something you obviously dont want to like... what's the point then?

you should have save the money so you could buy more ps3/360 games and saves us of your bitching ;)

koam

My only response to this thread is:
untitled1me7.gif

cvxfreak

My brother didn't like the Wii but when he tried Wii Sports and Madden, he came away with a positive opinion. I don't see the Wii ever becoming anyone's favorite console, but it'll generally be well liked (which can't be said the same for any non-winning system in all generations except the Genesis).

Grayman

I haven't played one yet and am not in a hurry to. It has a 50/50 chance of a horrible reaction from me.

Wii sports is what I would want to try on it out of the games available.

Speevy

Banned
I've never touched a Wii controller, but I think that's what someone needs to do before buying the console. Everything else, from the graphics to the interface to the Virtual Console, can easily be seen (through vids) or imagined exactly as it is.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Avalon said:
If you read my earlier post, you would know that I clump non-games, casual friendly and mini-games into the same group. :)

Ah yes, the "stuff I don't like, so therefore it objectively suxxx, amirite?!" group.

Bebpo

Banned
Error2k4 said:
yeah you were prepared to hate the console on day 1, just like ff3. I dont get why spend 3 hours in line buy a bunch of shit on something you obviously dont want to like... what's the point then?

you should have save the money so you could buy more ps3/360 games and saves us of your bitching ;)

Because I was pretty excited about the system until after I played it? Unlike you and your conspiracy theories, I've loved Nintendo systems and Nintendo franchises my whole life. The GC was AWESOME it just died too early :\

I bought Wii hoping for amazing control that would add to the enjoyment of stale genre, for graphics around the quality of Xbox, and for a GUI with all kinds of neat Wii-specific unique features...well and for Zelda, which I was hoping would be awesome. Only Zelda came through in the end (minus the dithering).

I want to love the console, but so far all it does is keep showing me that it's inferior to last-gen machines in controls, visuals, GUIs, and games. Sorry, but it's sorta disappointing to spend $250 and then realize it doesn't stand up to the $100 consoles of last-gen at this point in any aspect.

And FYI, FFIII was my #1 most awaited DS game as I love the FF franchise...until I played it at E3 and it shattered my dreams. So yeah, I was worried the retail one would be a mess, but at the same time I hoped they had cleaned it up from E3, which they did...but only a partial cleanup.

VALIS

I'm still trying mine out for the first time tonight, and while I liked Wii Sports a lot, the next two games I played, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam and Super Monkey Ball... meh. Very difficult to control the both of them. You can tell the control in Wii Sports is a lot more refined and accurate than in either of these two games.

And I really hope this doesn't become an annoyance where every game controls differently. Three games I've played so far, and three have different ways of controlling. Before someone says, "Duh, they're three different games with three different control needs," nuh uh. Why can't I control my skater or monkey ball the same way I control in Wii sports -- wand facing the TV, move left to go left, move right to go right? Instead Tony Hawk wants you to turn the controller sideways like a steering stick sorta thing, and Monkey Ball wants you to twist it.

Tabris

Just want to state again;

Anyone who picks the Wii as their only or primary console must only like Nintendo games.

This is so going to be the same as the Gamecube/N64, just with much better hardware/software decisions by Nintendo. It's still going to be a "you buy it for Nintendo games only" console.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Well since you asked.......I got bored with the one here at work in about 10 minutes. Granted I only tried the Motorstorm demo, but It didn't in any way make me want to purchase one.

Lousy impressions ftl?

Moving along I'm getting a Wii soon but I don't think it's going to hit its' stride until 2007...or whenever Brawl comes out. Once the games start coming in full force maybe we can forget about the xbox level graphics...maybe.

Miburou

I'm getting mine next week, and if I don't like it, I can give it to my sister, so no problem.

I ordered Rayman and Red Steel (still interested in trying it out), and I'm going to borrow my friend's Zelda.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
Just want to state again;

Anyone who picks the Wii as their only or primary console must only like Nintendo games.

This is so going to be the same as the Gamecube/N64, just with much better hardware/software decisions by Nintendo. It's still going to be a "you buy it for Nintendo games only" console.

There's a Resident Evil game coming to it.

YOU PHAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom