• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Pokémon Is 15 Years Old Today

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why does Gengar have to look so stupid and fat? Haunter > Gengar, if only for this:
I've come to realize I feel this way about all of the Pokemon who evolve through the Link Cable Method (i.e., all you do is trade them without any items and they evolve, so this doesn't include say Scizor who you need to trade with an Iron Coat)...

Graveler > Golem
Haunter > Gengar
Kadabra > Alakazam
Machoke > Machamp

and as of Gen V

Boldore > Gigalith
Girdurr > Conkeldurr

The classic Link Cable Evolutions were pretty cool, so I'm glad Gen V introduced two more...it helps that, even though they're basically the new Geodude and Machop Pokemon, I feel they have enough of their own flavor to justifiably exist.

Cool to see some Mawile love in here. While I can't quite give it my top spot (Umbreon may be impossible to knock out of there), Mawile is definitely one of my favorites, but it never seems to get any love.
Partially Gamefreak's fault I guess... non-evolving Version Exclusive who only appears in one Regional Dex in ONE cave, and isn't owned by any major characters either. It was doomed to obscurity from the get-go...Sableye, its version counterpart, was saved a bit from this fate due to being the rare Ghost/Dark, but even it has faded thanks to superior Spiritomb.

udivision

Mank said:
Cool to see some Mawile love in here. While I can't quite give it my top spot (Umbreon may be impossible to knock out of there), Mawile is definitely one of my favorites, but it never seems to get any love.
Looking at the art, I wish it didn't get any love at all. Same for gardevour.

Mistake

Due to always being stuck in antique stores or just sitting in the car, Pokemon saved me. Gold was my favorite. I logged 520 hours on it and completed my pokedex. Once I beat the elite four for 100th time, my game killed itself and the internal battery died. Haven't played gold since. The best pokemon I ever had though?

2rhxlpx.png

Why? Well it wasn't until some time later that I remembered to go and give this kid back his shuckle in Cianwood city. But when he did, all he said was "Thanks!". That didn't fly with me. So I shut off the game, turned it on, and decided to duplicate it. But once I checked my pc the name was like "f0h?ob1!sd!?hjf.." and continued off the screen. So I'm thinking, alright this is kinda weird, but I'll try it. I go to the water, start fighting something, and it shows my trainer like usual. "Go! f0h?ob1!sd!?hjf!" Then my trainer popped out of the ball. "..What?" It was great. He threw up with acid, put the little plate on his head using withdraw, and hugged the opponent to death using wrap.

Anyway, I won't be getting black and white. I liked some of the things D/P did, but a lot of it was a big turn off for me. Like the new style and most of the pokemon.

Izayoi

Banned
Mank said:
You're a good person.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Partially Gamefreak's fault I guess... non-evolving Version Exclusive who only appears in one Regional Dex in ONE cave, and isn't owned by any major characters either. It was doomed to obscurity from the get-go...Sableye, its version counterpart, was saved a bit from this fate due to being the rare Ghost/Dark, but even it has faded thanks to superior Spiritomb.
Yup. So many good Pokemon that go unloved. It really is a shame.

udivision said:
Looking at the art, I wish it didn't get any love at all. Same for gardevour.
You can't let furries ruin a good thing for you, man. Come on.

UyUAa.jpg

I wish every Pokemon had an evolution or a baby form etc, even if its just one more.

Feel sad seeing them all lonely on the lists by themselves! ;(

Conrad Link said:
I wish every Pokemon had an evolution or a baby form etc, even if its just one more.

Feel sad seeing them all lonely on the lists by themselves! ;(
206.png

Maybe Dunsparce will get one in the future!
Not in Black/White.

gdt

I've always wondered, who exactly owns Pokemon, the brand?

Nintendo?

What's the Pokemon Company? A section of Nintendo just to handle the non-game aspects of Pokemon?

etc etc

Zzoram

gdt5016 said:
I've always wondered, who exactly owns Pokemon, the brand?

Nintendo?

What's the Pokemon Company? A section of Nintendo just to handle the non-game aspects of Pokemon?

etc etc

Nintendo owns Pokemon, they always have. GameFreak is the developer, I think Nintendo owns them.

Poyunch

Just yesterday I was thinking Milotic would have been a good alternative to Dragonite if Dragonair was to evolve.

Izayoi

Banned
Super_Chicken said:
This is what I've always thought. Hope it never changes :D
It will never, ever change.

Until Nintendo goes out of business
lol
they will always own Pokemon and Gamefreak.

Seeing this thread and everyone's different pokemon favorites gets me hyped for the next NeoGAF tournament.

Also I have a thing for dark-type pokemon, almost always have one on my team:

skys_sharpedo_by_FuPoo.jpg

Shiftry.jpg

_houndoom__by_kankakanka.jpg

I think Zuruzukin, Cacturne, or Crawdaunt will make an appearance on my next team.

Anth0ny said:
http://i.imgur.com/T8TKN.png[IMG]

Thanks 4chan.[/QUOTE]
I liked the Pokemon name ones. But have to say this about the image in general, how in the blazes is the Ditto Mew connection missing from all of that?

A quick runthruogh for those who don't know. In Yellow verison you find Ditto in areas related to Mew (Cinibar Lab, Celadon Cave). Ditto and Mew weigh the same. Their colour and shiny colours are identical. Ditto is said to transform by having the DNA of all Pokemon...Mew is the same. Given that Mew gave birth to Mewtwo (it says gave birth in the Lab logs...) and the above facts the only logical conclusion is either Ditto is the equivilant of a miscarge or unfertilised egg. [spoiler]But legendries can't breed unless its Manaphy[/spoiler]

fisheyes

Flygon / Salamence swap is the new Venomoth / Butterfree swap for me. It has to be true, it makes way too much sense.

Neo Child

Banned
fisheyes said:
Flygon / Salamence swap is the new Venomoth / Butterfree swap for me. It has to be true, it makes way too much sense.

Definately, weird isn't it.

Bagon > Shelgon > SALAMENCE?!!

should be:

Bagon > Shelgon > Flygon... lol. Can't believe they didnt see that

Zzoram

Wait,

What is this butterfree venemoth swap?

I thought Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree
Venonat -> Venomoth

Hasn't it always been like that? Their names and appearances make sense.

Wichu

Zzoram said:
Wait,

What is this butterfree venemoth swap?

I thought Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree
Venonat -> Venomoth

Hasn't it always been like that? Their names and appearances make sense.
Butterfree is actually the dark purple one with red eyes; Venomoth is the lilac one. The names make sense, but Venonat really resembles Butterfree.

Zzoram

Wichu said:
Butterfree is actually the dark purple one with red eyes; Venomoth is the lilac one. The names make sense, but Venonat really resembles Butterfree.

Wait, so was this an actual confirmed swap? On purpose or mistake? Is it in all versions?

Wichu

Zzoram said:
Wait, so was this an actual confirmed swap? On purpose or mistake? Is it in all versions?
It's not confirmed that they were swapped, just speculation based on their appearance. They've always been that way round.

fisheyes said:
Wait, what? I could see the argument for Butterfree/Venomoth, but not this one.

Top Bottom