• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Socom Fire Team Bravo - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/socomusnavysealsfireteambravo/review.html

The Good: Captures the SOCOM look and feel; intuitive interface; great offline and online play; cross-talk bonuses are pretty cool; headset works well for online if you have it.

The Bad: A few bugs in online play; some might be turned off by the ease of the lock-on mechanism; frame rate drops from time to time.

Taken as a full package, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo is easily the best shooter available on the PSP, as well as one of the best games available for the system. The single-player campaign is fun and compelling, and the ability to play multiplayer matches with up to 16 players online is amazing. If you've been a longtime fan of the SOCOM series, then Fireteam Bravo definitely lives up to its name, as its quality is very much in line with past games on the PlayStation 2. The fact that you can use voice chat online with a headset, and connect the game to SOCOM 3 on the PS2 for bonus unlockables, makes for even greater value. If you were looking for a great online and offline action game for your PSP, then SOCOM Fireteam Bravo is the one to get.

shuri

Banned
You know, you too will have the joy of having lock on aiming, so it's going to level out pretty even!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Defensor said:
I'm one of them :-(
Even the upcoming Syphon Filter PSP is doing away with the lock-on controls.

I feel your pain but...have you tried it? It's done remarkably well. The game is quite impressive.

I like the controls for Socom Fireteam bravo. Took me all of abotu 5 minutes to get used to them and it works well considering the PSP only has 1 analog and 2 shoulder buttons. I really have no complaints and the single player campaign is great. Really though, online is a blast, and the game runs really smooth for me, even when playing with 16 ppl in a room.

Juice

Musashi Wins! said:
I feel your pain but...have you tried it? It's done remarkably well. The game is quite impressive.

Can anyone who's played the Beta AND the Final tell me if there's a huge difference?

I thought the beta was absolute horse shit is why.

Top Bottom