• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold my PS4 on eBay to cover my Pro, buyer is claiming it's console banned, what do?

Can op prove his story is legit ?

Well OP has shown all convos with parties involved. Sony stating the console has been online since sale and that it's not banned. Messages from the buyer basically being a douche, and then messages from eBay firstly stating buyer wins, then after the Twitterstorm that the case is being looked in to and that the seller will get his money reinstated with zero sell fees too.

Tripolygon

Banned
So...

OP sells PS4

Buyer says it's banned and wants to return

It isn't banned, so OP may be getting scammed

Buyer lodges complaint with Ebay

Buyer says he has sent OP the PS4 back for a full refund

Buyer is an asshole about out

OP is ordered to pay buyer back once he receives the PS4

GAF helps OP make some noise on twitter

EBay makes sure OP keeps his money made, and buyer gets his refund too

OP is still waiting for supposed banned PS4 that the Buyer say's he sent

And now OP wants to ban the PS4?

Wtf?
Yup, if i could I would get the console banned too. Scammer wanted to eat his cake and have it at OP expense. He has essentially scammed OP but ebay decided OP should keep his money.

That being said, i also think OP should let it go. I know nobody likes getting scammed but its time to let it go.

MilkyJoe

Why is this still going?

OP got the money from ebay right? Why not just walk away, nothing gained from trying to get it back. Or have I misread the situation?

Tripolygon

Banned
Why is this still going?

OP got the money from ebay right? Why not just walk away, nothing gained from trying to get it back. Or have I misread the situation?
It's like when you work hard for something and a friend breaks it but doesn't want to pay for the damage, and someone else offers to pay for it.

You probably should let it go but in your heart you just know it doesn't feel right.

gossi

If you've got the money back, let it go. Otherwise this risks turning from a fun thread into something which risks running.

Bog

Junior Ace
I totally get the OP not wanting this guy to "win" in any way. I got scammed once by someone who claimed their account had been hacked after I sent an item, and then still demanded the post office deliver it to them. I spent hours on the phone to make sure they didn't get the item delivered.

Dominator

OP, this is not your console anymore. eBay paid you for it, so it should be irrelevant to you now.

If you got it sent back to you, what would you then do with the money? Because by your standard, for what you want to do, keeping that money would be considered theft from eBay because you wouldn't deserve it after getting the console back.

I understand they were asked to send it back to you, but let eBay handle everything from here on out. At the end of the day, you got what you wanted from the initial transaction.

Podge293

Do it OP, get it banned.

eBay may not have taken the money from you but it's still technically a stolen console.

If you don't have it before Saturday, call Sony and get it banned

panda-zebra

Banned
OP, don't falsely report it as stolen, he's likely sold it on to someone else already, doubtful this is the first time he's pulled this stunt, and it's his buyer you'd be creating problems for. If they then complain to Sony and you're seen to have made false claims to them... well, I wouldn't be risking my PSN account under any such circumstances.

DrDamn

They gave him money on the good faith that the buyer got a working console. They have the buyer money on the good faith that the item was not working for him despite it appearing he is not sending it back. They took care of Vashetti and did not promise he would get his original working console back, and Vashetti told eBay himself that he did not expect the scammer to provide his working system back, which is why eBay paid him in the first place. So that things would be ok if Vahsetti got a bad buyer

They gave him money on good faith that the buyer got a working console *and* at the point that the buyer had allegedly returned the console he was sent. That point is crucial to the stance that the seller is taking.

bidguy

Banned
I've decided I'm going to wait a few more days just in case it does show up, however unlikely that is.

After that, I'm going to report the console to Sony as stolen. Because I can only imagine how sweet it would be to see the buyer's face when booting up the console to go online only to find it's banned from PSN.

wow this is some petty shit

ebay took your case and gave you your money back, they literally told you not to worry about the scam anymore. its not your console to ban. its ebays and they also told you theyll pursue him. im pretty sure theyre not gonna let him keep it. if you do contact sony make sure to remind them of this tiny fact

ebay took your case and gave you your money back, they literally told you not to worry about the scam anymore. its not your console to ban. its ebays and they also told you theyll pursue him. im pretty sure theyre not gonna let him keep it. if you do contact sony make sure to remind them of this tiny fact

That's a nonsense, I had a guy recently try to scam me, it was obvious and ebay eventually sided with me in the dispute. I never got back the item I sold, the guy continues to buy on ebay, I constantly get messages from other sellers asking if I was scammed like they are being scammed.

If OP can do anything to push ebay in to chasing the guy properly or make the con artist think twice about doing this then he should, it's not just about him, most scammers aren't running one scam, they will be doing it to hundreds of people.

Alpha_eX

Walk away.

You got the money, the buyer got a console, which is what you both originally wanted. Sure, he scammed you and ebay to get a free console, but that is now money stolen from eBay, not you.

I read previously you have depression and anxiety, just let this one go.

OP, Vashetti, whatever you are planning:

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

fireflame

Hello, i don't know where i could post this issue since its ebay related, but this time its from buyer point of view.

I bought a wiiu 32 GB+17 games sold for 89 euros. Paypal validated the transaction and has it on history.But for a weird reason it doesnt appear in my ebay history.

Is there a reason why this is happening? I never had the issue before. I am feeling a bit worried, i contacted ebay support asking them why the transaction does not appear in my history.

kubus

If you go through with this and it backfires on you because you made the scammer's story actually true, I'm sorry OP, but I'm just gonna laugh.

Walk away.

Hello, i don't know where i could post this issue since its ebay related, but this time its from buyer point of view.

I bought a wiiu 32 GB+17 games sold for 89 euros. Paypal validated the transaction and has it on history.But for a weird reason it doesnt appear in my ebay history.

Is there a reason why this is happening? I never had the issue before. I am feeling a bit worried, i contacted ebay support asking them why the transaction does not appear in my history.

17 boxed games? That sounds too good to be true.

And:...... what did they say.

Symphonia

Banned

A scammer is a scammer. Scammers are scum.

Scammers should be punished.

Yeah let him go OP, even though he practically stole from you, put you through the misery for a week, and then the third party took pity on you and gave you your money back. Let the thief have your console for free, its not your headache anymore right?

BigEmil

So...

OP sells PS4

Buyer says it's banned and wants to return

It isn't banned, so OP may be getting scammed

EBay makes sure OP keeps his money made, and buyer gets his refund too

And now OP wants to ban the PS4?

Wtf?
If I was OP I would most definitely have done the same thing for the scammer trying to scam me hard and OP would have lost if this didn't get so much attention on social media

I see where you are both coming from but if the buyer gets to keep the ps4 AND their money they are essentially being rewarded for an illegal scam. I don't think there is much Vashetti can do but wanting justice doesn't make him greedy.
Exactly.

pahamrick

Sorry, if the scammer also got refunded by ebay AND they're keeping the PS4 I think its bullshit and I'd be wanting to do the same thing as OP.

Peroroncino

I kinda understand how OP feels, you have your console practically stolen, then you get called a scammer for it and are jerked around for a month or so by an actual scammer, if it was me, I'd want some revenge, especially since the scammer gets to keep the money and the console, I mean that's just giving him a free pass to do it again to somebody else.

I say ban his ass. Damn asshole was probably laughing the entire time. Let him see who gets the last laugh. Let's not forget the time he made you waste and the troubles he made you go through.

If a someone steals a bank and returns the money the next day, should he not get punished?

flak57

I've had orders refunded before shipment and disappear from Ebay altogether. I did get a "you've been refunded" email though, and there is a record of the refund in paypal.

Arttemis

I'd definitely wait, maybe even a whole week.

But, if your console never arrives (as was promised by the asshole buyer), I'd absolutely report it stolen. eBay said you're "not responsible to receive" the possibly fraudulent return package, and he doesn't have to refund the money.

Both sides have had their money credited, and the original PS4 was promised to be returned. If it doesn't arrive, the person who tried to scam you would have their money and your ill-gotten PS4 that they promised to return. That is fraud.

BibiMaghoo

Your final and only reasonable move now OP is that if the console never shows, let Ebay know, as they are the ones who covered his return. They will then take action. Regardless you have your money, and all your accounts. Let Ebay deal with him. Reporting your console as stolen after you have told them you sold it is not a good idea.

Top Bottom