• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony censorship policy strikes again: This time the TITLE OF A GAME is being censored, as well as other common wording.

Do you think Sony editing GAME TITLES in any situation is taking censorship to0 far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As long as Metacritics and GOTY awards still be the center of universe about how to judge for the quality of the games. Nothing will change.

Bad press is still bad press. They can be doing better actually being "journalists" and not "partners".

That's absurd. I wonder when this "update" took place. Why won't Sony give a legitimate answer regarding the censoring of niche Japanese games and even game titles for that matter. They should just own up to the fact that they're doing this.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Did anyone even check to see if this was real?

The name appears just fine on my PlayStation so unless this is a US feature then you guys got pranked hard.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Actions don’t need approval when you’re the best console in the world and this probably has something to do with Steam and their lazifare attitude. Not saying I approve it but Sony’s HUGE in the gaming world.

Tried some googling but this one post is the only thing I could find showing this. I'm guessing their is some kind of word filter that this tripped in the share function because it doesn't seem to be censored in any other part of the PS store.
OAvXdq5.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tried some googling but this one post is the only thing I could find showing this. I'm guessing their is some kind of word filter that this tripped in the share function because it doesn't seem to be censored in any other part of the PS store.
OAvXdq5.png

The share function, in which the person didn't use the share button at all but took an off screen shot with a potato cam.

You would think there be a ton more for evidence instead of that one pic, if it's so repeatable.

Not saying it isn't real, but one off screen pic and no other pics since, is a little suspect.

Last edited:
The share function, in which the person didn't use the share button at all but took an off screen shot with a potato cam.

You would think there be a ton more for evidence instead of that one pic, if it's so repeatable.

Not saying it isn't real, but one off screen pick and no other pics servicing is a little suspect.
Yeah, I find it weird that even on the twitter post no one has posted other shots of this actually happening. No statement from the dev's either or at least not one I could find.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
OAvXdq5.png

The way I tested it was by going into something someone has already shared in ‘What’s New’ and adding the comment ‘School Girl Zombie Hunter’ against somebody’s trophy or news item.

(You can delete the comment right after too)

Surely if this were real then comments of all places would receive the ‘filter’.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The way I tested it was by going into something someone has already shared in ‘What’s New’ and adding the comment ‘School Girl Zombie Hunter’ against somebody’s trophy or news item.

(You can delete the comment right after too)

Surely if this were real then comments of all places would receive the ‘filter’.

This is looking more and more like somebody's own filter, or they put the stars on purpose.

I tested it on one of my friends activities as well as commented in my community and it did not censor it. US here.

demigod

This is looking more and more like somebody's own filter, or they put the stars on purpose.

I tested it on one of my friends activities as well as commented in my community and it did not censor it. US here.

Man up and buy the game and tell us!

bitbydeath

Gold Member

Yeah, could be something under the parental mode that allows for it. (I don’t have it enabled)

It wouldn’t make sense for filters to only be applied to the text parts that you can’t modify yourself.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Why would that matter? The pic in the original post is someone's personal comment, it's not anything to do with the game, it's somebody writing that out themselves with a smiley face.

It's a user comment, and I think we're being played.

Last edited:
Here's my honest opinion on this

*** ******** *** ***** ** **** ****** ****. ****** **** ******** ***** ***** ********** ****, ****** **** ******* *** ****** *****

instagram-sensitive-content-100714865-large.jpg

500_F_103018638_FgUXmMpsZqYq1pliRMQpUOdI2MDIH1MM.jpg

****** ****** ************ **** ******* ****** ******** *****. ****** ****** ********** *** ******* *** ********!

**** ******** ** ****** **** *********, ****** ******* *** ******** * ******* *****. ******* *** ****** ***** ****** **** *****.

Censored by Playstation for the Gaffers

demigod

Why would that matter? The pic in the original post is someone's personal comment, it's not anything to do with the game, it's somebody writing that out themselves with a smiley face.

It's a user comment, and I think we're being played.

Really, so why would oneangrygamer make a post about it. Not sure how that website works.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Really, so why would oneangrygamer make a post about it. Not sure how that website works.

Probably to jump on something to demonize censorship/sony? I would say they had their heart in the right place if it was the former. Censorship does need to be called out. Going to try messing around with the share feature later today to test it. Will be very glad if this is all a farce.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Maybe because sometimes people don't do their full due diligence.

That was a user comment that they typed out when they shared the video or pic.

Under the PlayStation newsfeed you can type whatever you want under "What's New" and tag people in it. It's like a Facebook or Twitter status update.

Last edited:

Norse

Here's my honest opinion on this

*** ******** *** ***** ** **** ****** ****. ****** **** ******** ***** ***** ********** ****, ****** **** ******* *** ****** *****

instagram-sensitive-content-100714865-large.jpg

500_F_103018638_FgUXmMpsZqYq1pliRMQpUOdI2MDIH1MM.jpg

****** ****** ************ **** ******* ****** ******** *****. ****** ****** ********** *** ******* *** ********!

**** ******** ** ****** **** *********, ****** ******* *** ******** * ******* *****. ******* *** ****** ***** ****** **** *****.

Censored by Playstation for the Gaffers
LoL you stole my post for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom