• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Corporate Meeting: All Information Revealed

PlayStation 5 is already very successful. We are quite satisfied with the results.

Total opposite of the wild narratives we've been hearing from warriors and gaming media pundits for the last couple of years now lol.

I've been hearing that Sony is struggling too like MS and that they are trying to follow MS' lead into finding a way to make money from the tanking console gaming market.

"SonyToo™" has been the rallying cry anytime someone mentions how bad Phil and MS are running the Xbox division.

Also, so much for the PC day and date announcement. I was told "Beyond Boundaries" meant they were about to announce a new PC strategy today, turned out it was something totally unrelated to PC gaming.

I'm convinced that a lot of the gaming media and the warriors that parrot their nonsense live in an alternate reality that they warp with their minds.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
GOOscM7WsAAoI2x

this looks amazing. i want it.

CamHostage

Nothing new / relevant for gaming.

Eh, five new game announcements... abeit not from the sources one would expect.

Never mind, these game names and some details were announced back in March.
(*Somehow we all missed that post. Sorry ThickThighs, and PS India Hero Project...)

GOOqxeoWcAA98wk

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Remember when the Funimation app was updated with a brilliant new UI after having that shitty one for years, ...and then Sony closed it down and moved everything to Crunchyroll. Yeah that was fun.
That interface was from the Australian streaming service AnimeLab I believe.

Didn’t they acquired funimation?
They acquired both, Crunchyroll was the most recent purchase.

CamHostage

I still want Home with VR. Just imagine that.

265608017_781689516562459_6285345431702047308_n.jpeg

Unfortunately, PS just isn't in this market anymore, and I don't know if they're coming back to it? Community-building for whatever reason was let go by both Sony and Nintendo (and I don't know that it ever took off on Xbox, even with the Avatars?) Instead of COVID and remote work changes leading people to sell out more digital connectivity, it seems like it's gone the other direction.

Meta Horizon Worlds supposedly gets 300,000 people monthly signed in, not bad I suppose? Never tried it myself.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

265608017_781689516562459_6285345431702047308_n.jpeg

Unfortunately, PS just isn't in this market anymore, and I don't know if they're coming back to it? Community-building for whatever reason was let go by both Sony and Nintendo (and I don't know that it ever took off on Xbox, even with the Avatars?)

Meta Horizon Worlds supposedly gets 300,000 people monthly signed in, not bad I suppose?
Such a shame. I think Playstation Home was an amazing concept. Especially when they introduced that Xi ARG.

It most likely was profitable as well:

pasterpl

That interface was from the Australian streaming service AnimeLab I believe.

They acquired both, Crunchyroll was the most recent purchase.
Point I was trying to make was that they have killed funimation and moved all subs to Crunchyroll, that was probably a healthy boost of subs for Crunchyroll. I was sub to both and I still sub to Crunchyroll.

bitbydeath

Point I was trying to make was that they have killed funimation and moved all subs to Crunchyroll, that was probably a healthy boost of subs for Crunchyroll. I was sub to both and I still sub to Crunchyroll.
That’s a good thing though right?
Paying for a single service instead of two.
Disney will eventually do the same to Hulu in the US.

pasterpl

That’s a good thing though right?
Paying for a single service instead of two.
Disney will eventually do the same to Hulu in the US.
I have preferred funimation over Crunchyroll but it was my personal opinion. And yes, it is good that they consolidated both services. I have already too many of these (Apple tv+, Crunchyroll, paramount, Disney+, Amazon prime, canal+, hbo max, shudder, discovery+, gamepass, Netflix and couple others. lol.)

CamHostage

Such a shame. I think Playstation Home was an amazing concept. Especially when they introduced that Xi ARG.

Unfortunately, they just closed down Sony's London Studio, the developer group which invented Home and a lot of other 'casual' PS experiences.

It was common for Hardcore gamers to crap on Home and other "not-a-game" stuff at the time, but I feel like the absence is tangible now. We're getting fewer of the interesting projects and features which sometimes opened new doors and added personality to a console fanbase.

Either it wasn't profitable or the returns were marginal and not worth continued investment.

If Sony London thought that Home 2.0 would have saved them, they would have created it.

onQ123

Hudo

It's coming

AxkyxWb.png

Did you make a screenshot of your own post and post it here?

onQ123

The sports thing is pretty cool if you think about it because you could watch a live game inside of a video game

Killjoy-NL

Total opposite of the wild narratives we've been hearing from warriors and gaming media pundits for the last couple of years now lol.

I've been hearing that Sony is struggling too like MS and that they are trying to follow MS' lead into finding a way to make money from the tanking console gaming market.

"SonyToo™" has been the rallying cry anytime someone mentions how bad Phil and MS are running the Xbox division.

Also, so much for the PC day and date announcement. I was told "Beyond Boundaries" meant they were about to announce a new PC strategy today, turned out it was something totally unrelated to PC gaming.

I'm convinced that a lot of the gaming media and the warriors that parrot their nonsense live in an alternate reality that they warp with their minds.
That's why a lot of Gaf shouldn't ever be taken seriously.
Most are so wrong all the time, it's just laughable.

Sony became marketleader because they have a very good understanding of the market and what makes them successful.
That's why they keep repeating "Playstation is the core of the business", meaning that their primary focus is consoles.
Everything outside of consoles is merely meant to support the core of their business, in particular their current GaaS-strategy.

nial

Gold Member
Nah, Sony will censor anime games when they release it the west.

Plus most anime games are shit format these days. It's either garbage fighting hero, or some weird shit format.
Sony has been producing anime for decades. They even have two animation studios in Japan.

Last edited:

Felessan

Is that ALL of the information?
Its investor presentation where Sony as a whole presents its vision of future. Global scale, fancy words, huge plans (mostly cross-division) and little details.
Whoever brought it to gaming forums and sold it as gaming related fooled a lot of people.

The PS5 will still end up selling well over 100mil easily. I wouldn't be surprised if it passes 120mil in its lifetime. And people don't seem to realize that Sony makes the majority of their revenue from third party sales on their store and their subscription services. 1st party games sales are well behind both of those

When it comes to PC, I can see Sony releasing games much closer to their PS5 release dates(6 months to a year). But even that is something that probably won't happen until next-gen, mostly because Sony does not have the dedicated resources for regular PC ports

boomcrab

What is that uncharted title on the last image? Is it just a placeholder photo or is that for real? Did I miss something?

onQ123

He does it constantly (a little hyperbolic... a little.) Typically it's just a quote from years ago, but nobody wants you to know how "smart" they are as much as O onQ123
Has nothing to do with how smart I am but thanks for noticing 😂

It has everything to do with people trolling the threads & comments I made only for them to end up correct.

Top Bottom