• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony dismisses downgrade rumour as "ridiculous"

MrToughPants said:
Dead%20Fish.jpg

;_;

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Chiggs said:
I think you should name some names, and let's make sure every brand is accounted for.

As a matter of fact I think there should be a sticky so we can refer back to it from time to time...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fishie flop oog said:
That was mostly a reaction to the statement that...
Regardless of what statement it was a reaction to, it was a blanket overreaction, which is the problem too often in trying to parse your contributions to Sony threads.

Mmmkay

Fishie flop oog said:
Yeah, they had all that shit ready well over a year ago, thats why the game wont be released till fall 2k7 and they are looking for these:
Big projects have a very high staff turnover, this shouldn't come as a surprise. Heavenly Sword has an equally large list of positions open in its June EDGE ad and that game is scheduled for 'launch window'.

kaching said:
Regardless of what statement it was a reaction to, it was a blanket overreaction, which is the problem too often in trying to parse your contributions to Sony threads.

Which is a natural reaction when one is constantly baited.

Seriously people just look at this ****ing thread.
I was and still am in agreement that the Kotaku shit WONT happen, all I did and which the fanboys couldnt have was point out that something isnt necesarily true because Sony is saying its true, and from that simple statement which is entirely defendable with recent events in mind all this shit got started.

Amir0x said:
But the important question is: Do you write for a PlayStation magazine?

You better believe it baby :D

Read our interview with Kazuma Kaneko in the new isseu(end of this month) Dutch and Belgian readers, you wont be dissapointed.

Amir0x said:
**** Dutch and Belgian readers

Americans will get a really long feature including two merged long interviuews on Gamespy once the feature and stuff is done, courtesy of Zerochan(Heidi Kemps) so quit yer whining, you will get some killer stuff soon.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ninja Theory is referring to Heavenly Sword as "the most anticipated original game for the Playstation 3"? It looks cool and all, but that might be a wee bit arrogant.

Amir0x

Banned
no because that shit is on Gamespy. And Gamespy sucks, Fishie. Gamespy sucks.

Chiggs said:
Ninja Theory is referring to Heavenly Sword as "the most anticipated original game for the Playstation 3"? It looks cool and all, but that might be a wee bit arrogant.

I'm thinking that's probably accurate, really... what totally original property is anticipated more on PS3? I think it's easier since there's like two truly original games across all platforms, but whatever :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fishie flop oog said:
Which is a natural reaction when one is constantly baited.

Seriously people just look at this ****ing thread.
Indeed. Mind telling me how you think you were "baited" by Effulgence's post? He simply disagreed with something you said because he had read/heard otherwise and didn't do it in an inflammatory way. You opted to get snarky for no apparent reason.

Chiggs said:

Arrogance or not, they're still telling the truth.

DarienA

Chiggs said:

Arrogant.... and so far from what I've seen in terms of written up as playable at E3 demos... dead spot the f*ck on.

Mmmkay

Chiggs said:
*according to GameStats.com

It's in the bottom left corner of the ad, sorry :eek:

kaching said:
Indeed. Mind telling me how you think you were "baited" by Effulgence's post? He simply disagreed with something you said because he had read/heard otherwise and didn't do it in an inflammatory way. You opted to get snarky for no apparent reason.

Ask Darien

DarienA

Fishie flop oog said:
Ask Darien

Oh please Fishie don't play the innocent f'n victim now, and don't EVEN try the put the entire rest of this thread on me.

Fishie flop oog said:
I can swear I saw those artworks back in 2k4 WITHOUT Killzone3 written on em, I wrote about that particular visit here:
http://www.got-next.com/features_read.php?id=70

You kept mentioning it as Killzone 2, though, when the art clearly says Killzone 3. Perhaps, the story and concepts for the series (including the PSP Killzone...Killzone "2") have been around quite a bit longer than you think. I know you are a respected journalist and all, but does that mean they have to share everything with you? :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mmmkay said:
*according to GameStats.com

It's in the bottom left corner of the ad, sorry :eek:

It's the third most wanted original title now on there ;) But no doubt when they started including that in their ad it was true.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Lots of Heavenly Sword fans in here, I see. :lol

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm actually looking forward to Resistance more. I know...I know--"generic FPS with aliens", or "Gears of War lite". Fine...but as beautiful as Heavenly Sword looks, something about a martial arts "tuff grrrrl" beating up armies comprised of thousands of hulking brutes makes me a little wary.

Anyway...I'm telling ya', Resistance has a good chance of being something special. In a lot of ways, it's really flying under the radar.

Also, what about Naughty Dog's jungle game, or Assassin's Creed?

DarienA

Chiggs said:

Haven't seen enough "playable" of either of those yet. Both of have potential though.

Amir0x

Banned
Chiggs said:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm actually looking forward to Resistance more. I know...I know--"generic FPS with aliens", or "Gears of War lite". Fine...but as beautiful as Heavenly Sword looks, something about a martial arts "tuff grrrrl" beating up armies comprised of thousands of hulking brutes makes me a little wary.

Anyway...I'm telling ya', Resistance has a good chance of being something special. In a lot of ways, it's really flying under the radar.

Oh, that's fine... that's nothing bizarre. It's just in term of hype, for the most part Heavenly Sword probably has more.

But I agree... I wasn't sold on Resistance in pics, but watching vids of it now... it seems like it has a lot of kickass scenarios. That one point where a huge ****ing vehicle just rams through the wall was a holy shit moment for me

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fishie flop oog said:
Right, so Bish is free to make empty statements to try and legitimise a lifetime ban?
Sorry for the delay. I just got back from lunch with the colleague in question, I wanted to be absolutely sure that I didn't nuke your account without having all the facts in place.

I've been informed that not only were preliminary game designs already in place during last year's E3, but initial work on in-game assets had also started at that time.

Fishie flop oog said:
E3 time last year they had character designs and preliminary story.

ON PAPER, they didnt have INGAME ASSETS, they didnt have actual game designs and they didnt have a clear project path.
Once more, with feeling.

Preliminary game designs already in place.
In-game asset creation commenced.

There are certain people you should feel comfortable calling out, Fishie...and certain people you shouldn't.

Best of luck in your future posting endeavours.

Chiggs said:

I'll agree with you on Resistance...I think it'll be quite a bit better than people are giving it credit for.

Moderation Unlimited said:
You kept mentioning it as Killzone 2, though, when the art clearly says Killzone 3. Perhaps, the story and concepts for the series (including the PSP Killzone...Killzone "2") have been around quite a bit longer than you think. I know you are a respected journalist and all, but does that mean they have to share everything with you? :p

I don't think there's been a KZ2 labeled concept art. They released KZ3 labeled and this

killzonepsp6pv.jpg

DarienA

bishoptl said:
Sorry for the delay. I just got back from lunch with the colleague in question, I wanted to be absolutely sure that I didn't nuke your account without having all the facts in place.

I've been informed that not only were preliminary game designs already in place during last year's E3, but initial work on in-game assets had also started at that time.

Once more, with feeling.

There are certain people you should feel comfortable calling out, Fishie...and certain people you shouldn't.

Somebody cue up Auld Lang Syne

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Chiggs said:
Fine...but as beautiful as Heavenly Sword looks, something about a martial arts "tuff grrrrl" beating up armies comprised of thousands of hulking brutes makes me a little wary.
pssst...it might have something to do with the, ummm..."heavenly sword" she carries...

Amir0x

Banned
damn, Fishie. I guess this along with his outrageous claims about sales numbers on Gran Turismo 4, probably deserved it...

Chiggs said:

Reisstance got praise, but if you go look at PS3 impressions in general, HS is the most consistantly praised game. Everything about it really was praised. So they have a legitimate claim to that most anticipated original PS3 title.

Chiggs said:

actually, i'd say thats pretty accurate... which is a sick, sad reality :(

Chiggs said:

Alright we'll change it for you

"work on an original game on the most anticipated console the Playstation 3"

*walks out of thread*

SolidSnakex said:
Indeed, its a very sad reality when such a great looking game is so anticipated.

i wasn't saying it was sad the game was anticipated (although i think its QUITE over-rated) I was speaking more towards the lack of quality new IPs on the horizon.

Aside with all the shannanigans for a moment, Killzone is an IP with tons of promise. Sony realized this after the great reaction the 2005 E3 trailer got and is now forging ahead full force to get the game like that trailer. People not only liked the graphics...but they were also really wowed with the natural interactions with the environment and other characters on screen. People also obviously liked the character and environment art and design, as well as the story and scenario that were taking place.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Chiggs said:

I played the Heavenly Sword demo twice (to get video of the whole thing from beginning to end) and found it basically to be a very pretty God of War with a female character and more scripting. BTW: Ninja Theory was telling everyone who played the demo that the game was 2007.

Resistance had really really bad AI at the show, so hopefully that'll be fixed.

The only launch title I'm buying with my PS3 in November is Warhawk because I've been waiting since 1995 for a sequel to Warhawk. I'll probably get Madden as well if it has anything over the 360 one, but for now it's just the PS3 + Warhawk for me in November when I camp out at Best Buy.

Amir0x

Banned
ManaByte said:
I played the Heavenly Sword demo twice and found it basically to be a very pretty God of War with a female character and more scripting.

****ing awesome. Great news, thanks for the impressions :D

bishoptl said:

Once more, with feeling.

How can you be sure that your friend colleague wasn't feeding you false information? Afterall, what employee to a product would indeed admit to Fishie's claims? Not saying he's absolutely right, either. But both of you have your dicks out but you're the only one capable of doing anything about it. The ban seems unfair, IMO, until both statements can be independently verified. Which has a fat chance of happening, admittedly.

Moderation Unlimited said:
Aside with all the shannanigans for a moment, Killzone is an IP with tons of promise. Sony realized this after the great reaction the 2005 E3 trailer got and is now forging ahead full force to get the game like that trailer. People not only liked the graphics...but they were also really wowed with the natural interactions with the environment and other characters on screen. People also obviously liked the character and environment art and design, as well as the story and scenario that were taking place.

:lol :lol :lol

A great reaction with scripted CGI is easy you know? They don even make the CGI themsleves!

Gamers have dumped killzone after the hype and flop of part 1. a CGI trailer save it for the sony camp. I consider it a cheatful process.

Rule book again, follow behind the big boys Square Konami Naughty Dog Polyphony F5 Capcom etc. Don be a Barbie Horse Adventure 2 hype on my system!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
firefoxsux said:
Gamers have dumped killzone after the hype and flop of part 1. a CGI trailer save it for the sony camp. I consider it a cheatful process.

The only problem I had with Killzone 1 was the sluggish controls. If they fix that in a sequel it'll be great. I loved the art style and setting.

Top Bottom