• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony dismisses downgrade rumour as "ridiculous"

Amir0x

Banned
bishoptl said:
Interesting, so do I. In fact, we hired him away not too long ago.

What he's told me and what you're stating now don't jive.

Who should I believe, Fishie? Your account is on the clock - for the final time, I might add - so you may want to respond ASAP.

oo snizzity ap

teiresias

bishoptl said:

Who should I believe, Fishie? Your account is on the clock - for the final time, I might add - so you may want to respond ASAP.

mmmmmm . . . popcorn . . .

DarienA said:
How long ago did this happen? I'm not making fun of you now, I'm being serious(for a change). I can't believe that gamers would take something to such an extreme. (Wait did I just say that?)

I will ask him for links to the boards and more info come monday.

Amir0x

Banned
Fishie flop oog said:
I will ask him for links to the boards and more info come monday.

Tactic 1: Ignore

Announcer: "Interesting strategy there, Bob. You could see how earnestly he pretends the post does not exist. Very convincing."

Announcer 2: "I'd say, Chris."

meltpotato said:
it's just staggering to see them come out of the gate last gen with SC and TTT and then this gen.... simply embarassing.

Hey, you forgot Love Football....

15377.jpg

bishoptl said:

E3 time last year they had character designs and preliminary story.

ON PAPER, they didnt have INGAME ASSETS, they didnt have actual game designs and they didnt have a clear project path.

What they did have was Sony expanding their resources and growing the dev team to over 200 people.

Amir0x said:
Tactic 1: Ignore

Announcer: "Interesting strategy there, Bob. You could see how earnestly he pretends the post does not exist. Very convincing."

Announcer 2: "I'd say, Chris."

What actually happened: My order of Chinese food arrived and I didnt see Bishoptl's post until I finished my diner.

Fishie flop oog said:
E3 time last year they had character designs and preliminary story.

ON PAPER, they didnt have INGAME ASSETS, they didnt have actual game designs and they didnt have a clear project path.

What they did have was Sony expanding their resources and growing the dev team to over 200 people.

Well if they didn't have all that stuff before the CG movie debuted...they definitely left E3 2005 knowing exactly what they had to accomplish thereafter.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
No in game assets... in game assets.... that seems to ring a vague memory but I can't place it... something about an interview where the specific focus I thought was on the usage of ingame assets.... as in either they were asked if the movie used in game assets or the claimed it used in game assets.... curse this old brain!!!

Draft said:
The only thing that cracks me up about the SDF is that they don't really seem to care about ANY game that's not Sony exclusive. Like, multiplatform stuff, MS stuff, Nintendo stuff, they don't care. But click on a thread about ANY ps3 exclusive, and sure enough there's the same 5 or 6 guys talking about how great it's gonna be.

So what's funny is usually people are fans of a type of game. Like, you find a guy who's in all the RPG threads, or all the fighter threads, or all the racing threads, etc. etc. But some of these Sony guys, it's like they don't even care. If Barbies Horse Adventure 2 became a PS3 exclusive, you'd find these same guys talking about how realistic the manes are and how the hoofprints in the ground are generated by real time physics with CELL.

That's exactly how I perceive Nintendo fans. Xbox fans, not so much.

But, rather than slander both camps, consider that some people only have one system-- perhaps they only go to threads about the games they might play?

DarienA said:
No in game assets... in game assets.... that seems to ring a vague memory but I can't place it... something about an interview where the specific focus I thought was on the usage of ingame assets.... as in either they were asked if the movie used in game assets or the claimed it used in game assets.... curse this old brain!!!

Well, here's to hoping the final game looks somewhat like the cg trailer (or at least has some degree of the behavioral interactions that the trailer illustrates). Obviously the IQ will take a hit, as will the polycount, etc, but if the final game can appeal to the senses the way the trailer did, they will have accomplished something great.

Fishie flop oog said:
Yeah, they had all that shit ready well over a year ago, thats why the game wont be released till fall 2k7 and they are looking for these:

kill0032ct.jpg

But I mean game concepts, design, and story boarding must have been in preliminary stages or else they would have no basis for making the CG trailer back at E3 2005. How do you account for that? Design always precedes the building of whatever you are building. And just because they are expanding and adding to each area doesn't mean no work was done at the time.

Zaptruder

Banned
Fishie flop oog said:
Yeah, they had all that shit ready well over a year ago, thats why the game wont be released till fall 2k7 and they are looking for these:

So what happened to all the trailer assets? Ditched?

Zaptruder said:
So what happened to all the trailer assets? Ditched?

They already had those assets from the first Killzone, the characters are mostly Guerrilla employees who they took digital pics and movies of for Killzone on PS2, the design for the surroundings, enemies and weapons etcetera already existed for the first killzone as well.
they showed me all the art designs and explained me how they pieced it together when I visited them as well.

bishoptl said:

Oh BTW I am disclosing what I know and have been informed as being the truth, why dont you do the same instead of only threatening me with a lifetime ban?

DarienA

Fishie flop oog said:
Oh BTW I am disclosing what I know and have been informed as being the truth, why dont you do the same instead of only threatening me with a lifetime ban?

Awww shit Fishie done thrown down the gauntlet! It's put or shut up time!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fishie flop oog said:
I didnt, I posted what I know, why doesnt Bishoptl do the same instead of just contradict me and threaten me with a lifetime ban?
Bish called you out for saying they had "jack and squat" (i.e. nothing). What you're saying now is not the same. Bish doesn't need to do anything since you're basically incriminating yourself. :p

artist

Banned
Draft said:
If Barbies Horse Adventure 2 became a PS3 exclusive, you'd find these same guys talking about how realistic the manes are and how the hoofprints in the ground are generated by real time physics with CELL.
Funniest post of the day.

Zaptruder said:
Makes sense. But can you show us any KZ stuff with the assets from the trailers in it? How's it looking now?

Urm yeah, just look at killzone 1, same character faces, just less detail.
Do a goiogle with the names from the Killzone1 dev team and search for the making of movie etcetera and you will see that its the same people.
They used their own faces etcetera in the games.

kaching said:
Bish called you out for saying they had "jack and squat" (i.e. nothing). What you're saying now is not the same. Bish doesn't need to do anything since you're basically incriminating yourself. :p

Right, so Bish is free to make empty statements to try and legitimise a lifetime ban?

I'm torn. On the one hand, it's Fishie. On the other hand, every bad rumor about PS3 for the past year has come true. What to believe?

Zaptruder

Banned
Fishie flop oog said:
Urm yeah, just look at killzone 1, same character faces, just less detail.
Do a goiogle with the names from the Killzone1 dev team and search for the making of movie etcetera and you will see that its the same people.
They used their own faces etcetera in the games.

You realise the trailer was comprised of more than just faces yeah?

Moreover, regardless of whose faces they use, why would it be discounted as an asset if it's usable in the game?

Ignoring for a moment that they probably had no engine in place to do anything; they still do have their art assets and indeed the trailer itself as target material. Probably far from unfeasible to have those same assets reused in the actual game, even if downgraded... as you say.

Fishie flop oog said:
They already had those assets from the first Killzone, the characters are mostly Guerrilla employees who they took digital pics and movies of for Killzone on PS2, the design for the surroundings, enemies and weapons etcetera already existed for the first killzone as well.
they showed me all the art designs and explained me how they pieced it together when I visited them as well.

killzone-ps3-20050613001852360.jpg

killzone-ps3-20060113102128530.jpg

killzone-ps3-20060113102128983.jpg

Oh Fishie what's this--art and concept work for Killzone "3" dated way before E3 2005...from 2004. :p

I could see how they recycled assets from prior games to expedite putting together a trailer, though. But the ideas were new and from the story of the new game.

Kobun Heat said:
I'm torn. On the one hand, it's Fishie. On the other hand, every bad rumor about PS3 for the past year has come true. What to believe?

Urm I already stated several times that I dont believe this bad news will come trough, I DONT believe CELL will be downgraded and I DONT believe the powerbrick will be external.

Sheesh, what part of it wont happen do people mistake for Fishie says it will be downgraded?

If threatening bans keeps Fishie in line, then I'm all for threatening bans. Fishie likes to present himself as sort sort of consumer-advocate beacon of truth, but he's really just nursing a long-held grudge. That shit does nothing good for the forum. There are enough people on the board already who have the job of running down this or that thing that somebody else likes. Do we need another?

DarienA

Kobun Heat said:

Wait, what?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fishie flop oog said:
Right, so Bish is free to make empty statements to try and legitimise a lifetime ban?
:lol I believe you've forgotten where you are, sir. Check your premises.

And, like darienA, I too would love to hear what bish knows if he can share it, but that's beside the point, since what he disagreed with you on was your declaration that they had nothing, a position you yourself backed away from, so what does he necessarily need to corroborate at this point?

Moderation Unlimited said:
killzone-ps3-20050613001852360.jpg

killzone-ps3-20060113102128530.jpg

killzone-ps3-20060113102128983.jpg

Oh Fishie what's this--art and concept work for Killzone "3" dated way before E3 2005...from 2004. :p

I could see how they recycled assets from prior games to expedite putting together a trailer, though. But the ideas were new and from the story of the new game.

Right, and when were these released?

This wouldnt be another instance like VF4 would it?
You know where Suzuki claimed they ported the game in under 6 months, despite having anounced the game over a full year prior to its release.

kaching said:
:lol I believe you've forgotten where you are, sir. Check your premises.

And, like darienA, I too would love to hear what bish knows if he can share it, but that's beside the point, since what he disagreed with you on was your declaration that they had nothing, a position you yourself backed away from, so what does he necessarily need to corroborate at this point?

That was mostly a reaction to the statement that the CG was made from ingame assets, you cant have ingame assets if you dont have ingame stuff yet.
Which they didnt, simple as that.

DarienA

Moderation Unlimited said:
A lot of times, what Fishie reports is not wrong. It's just that his arrogant, condescending hate gets in the way of his news. ;)

Wow.... Somebody else said almost the EXACT same thing to me about Fishie the other day via IM.

Fishie flop oog said:
Right, and when were these released?

This wouldnt be another instance like VF4 would it?
You know where Suzuki claimed they ported the game in under 6 months, despite having anounced the game over a full year prior to its release.

Are you saying that they logically would release internal concept art before the official unveiling of the IP in the first place? The art is clearly dated 2004. I don't think that's a forgery (if it is, that is just ridiculous).

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ignatz Mouse said:
If threatening bans keeps Fishie in line, then I'm all for threatening bans. Fishie likes to present himself as sort sort of consumer-advocate beacon of truth, but he's really just nursing a long-held grudge. That shit does nothing good for the forum. There are enough people on the board already who have the job of running down this or that thing that somebody else likes. Do we need another?

I think you should name some names, and let's make sure every brand is accounted for.

Edit: Holy God, those Intruder designs are terrible. What kind of "futuristic" military would commision such garbage? Today's helicopters are more advantageous than that shit. Hooray for boundless imagination!

Top Bottom