• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony dismisses downgrade rumour as "ridiculous"

firefoxsux said:
Gamers have dumped killzone after the hype and flop of part 1. a CGI trailer save it for the sony camp. I consider it a cheatful process.

If that were the case people wouldn't bring it up so often. There is alot of hype surrounding it, and if Guerrilla can deliver a quality game with KZL as it looks like they will its only going to boost that hype. That's why its very importantt hat they pull it off.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Incognito said:
How can you be sure that your friend colleague wasn't feeding you false information? Afterall, what employee to a product would indeed admit to Fishie's claims?
He doesn't work there anymore, and doesn't have a particular axe to grind (unless it's about Dutch football). Where as Fishie's constant trolling, despite repeated warnings, speaks for itself.

When it comes to giving the benefit of the doubt, I'm much more inclined to listen to the guy who was actually in a position to observe first hand and provide comment instead of pushing a particular agenda.

firefoxsux said:
:lol :lol :lol

A great reaction with scripted CGI is easy you know? They don even make the CGI themsleves!

Gamers have dumped killzone after the hype and flop of part 1. a CGI trailer save it for the sony camp. I consider it a cheatful process.

Rule book again, follow behind the big boys Square Konami Naughty Dog Polyphony F5 Capcom etc. Don be a Barbie Horse Adventure 2 hype on my system!

You're taking what I said out of context. It's the general acceptance of the concepts and ideas that is important to the likes of Guerilla and Sony. People like the ideas behind that trailer (story, scenario, portrayed level of interaction, art design, etc), aside from just the portrayed level of detail of the graphics. Most likely that level of graphical fidelity will not be reached, but more importantly, the types of interactions portrayed by the trailer, if successfully incorporated into the final game, would be innovative in and of themselves. Many times people don't realize what they are looking at when they are looking at it, even directly.

Klocker

Moderation Unlimited said:
You're taking what I said out of context. It's the general acceptance of the concepts and ideas that are important to the likes of Guerilla and Sony. People like the ideas behind that trailer (story, scenario, portrayed level of interaction, art design, etc), aside from just the portrayed level of detail of the graphics. Most likely that level of graphical fidelity will not be reached, but more importantly, the types of interactions portrayed by the trailer, if successfully incorporated into the final game, would be innovative in and of themselves. Many times people don't realize what they are looking at when they are looking at it, even directly.

it will more than likely be just the opposite.

the graphics will probably be closer than that level of scripted CGI interaction.

Klocker said:
it will more than likely be just the opposite.

the graphics will probably be closer than that level of scripted CGI interaction.

Many times that turns out to be the case. Hopefully, that won't be the case this time. The Guerilla guys did explicity say in an interview that they were going for a whole new level of interaction that hasn't been done before. Here's an excerpt:

IGN interviewing Guerilla guys E3 2005 said:
It seemed like Killzone, only more so! Is that what we can expect from the finished game?

Jan-Bart: We want to avoid having just Killzone with more beautiful graphics. We want to add a lot more to it than that. So we're adding a lot more character interaction, with the ways they respond to you and how you can react to them. There's a lot more interactions between characters like you see in the trailer, people dragging each other off out of combat and helping each other, giving each other their weapons - a lot more real human interaction, basically.

[Ben Duncan, the game's Producer] It's like with the Alfred Molina demo, the quality of facial animation we can get with the characters means you'll really feel that emotional sense of being part of a unit and fighting together. Characters working together, comrades pulling each other back from the field of battle; that kind of thing is really going to move the genre forward.

There's a great moment where you see an ISA ally take out a Helghan with his rifle butt to save your bacon... is that representative of the kind of sophisticated behaviour we'll start seeing in artificial intelligence when PS3 arrives?

Jan-Bart:Yes, totally, it's just the start. Characters will be very aware, very alert to how they might be able to help you. That moment [with the rifle butt] is a good example of how it can add a little visual 'wow' to it all.

Is the Killzone sequence a fair example of what people can expect from realtime gameplay on PlayStation 3?

Jan-Bart: Yeah, it's basically a representation of the look and feel of the game we're trying to make.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616591p1.html

GhaleonEB

Reading through this thread is like watching someone slowly commit suicide. Rope around neck, gasoline poured, car exhaust running....everything possible to take themselves out.

Fishie should have seen this coming a million miles away. But it sure is fun to read through after the fact.

Mmmkay

GhaleonEB said:
Reading through this thread is like watching someone slowly commit suicide. Rope around neck, gasoline poured, car exhaust running....everything possible to take themselves out.
And DC still lives on! He's such a trooper :)

Pimpwerx

While I'm certain the amount of traffic and ad hits are worthwhile for the site, the Gaming Forum has once again become all but unreadable. I find I can only click on threads with pics now, b/c there's little point in discussing the same things over and over again. Ah, the console wars. Time to change my bookmark back to the OT. PEACE.

Why perma BAN him? Just hand a Liars note around his neck that referenced all the bs that he has said on here. I got into an arguement with him earlier this week where he was defending a lie....and he made an ass out of himself. Just reference those....would make for better sport.

GhaleonEB

Arde0 said:
Why perma BAN him? Just hand a Liars note around his neck that referenced all the bs that he has said on here. I got into an arguement with him earlier this week where he was defending a lie....and he made an ass out of himself. Just reference those....would make for better sport.
He's a repeat offender.

GhaleonEB said:
He's a repeat offender.

Yeah....I understand that he is. But no matter what side of this you come down on the guy just ended up looking ridiculous...but smug. Like the look from a bum who snatches a quarter off the ground after you accidentally drop it. I actually thought his ridiculousness was kind of funny.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Just ban him unil Killzone is released and looks nothing like the scripted CG cinema from lat year's E3.
Oddly, K2 was asent from E3 this years.....not a peep....nothing....???

Kittonwy

Banned
Chiggs said:
Lots of Heavenly Sword fans in here, I see. :lol

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm actually looking forward to Resistance more. I know...I know--"generic FPS with aliens", or "Gears of War lite". Fine...but as beautiful as Heavenly Sword looks, something about a martial arts "tuff grrrrl" beating up armies comprised of thousands of hulking brutes makes me a little wary.

Anyway...I'm telling ya', Resistance has a good chance of being something special. In a lot of ways, it's really flying under the radar.

Also, what about Naughty Dog's jungle game, or Assassin's Creed?

Teh badical Naughty Dog jungle game is my most anticipated PS3 title, first-party that is.
angry.gif

Lil' Dice said:
Late to the party? Ooook...:lol
And Killzone has A LOT to do with this thread. It's all relative.

what is all relative is that the Killzone E3 noshow has been argued ad nauseum. That is all I was pointing out.

My guess is that the final Killzone visuals will match the 2005 E3 presentation. By the time the game is launched they will have final hardware and plenty of time to learn the ins and outs of the PS3. If MGS4 is any indication with enough time and manpower I think Killzone is more than possible.

Also, I am really hoping the final PS3's RSX will have something extra in it to give it at least a moderate boost over the common 7900GTX. I still think that too much work was done on the RSX for it to be a slightly modified 7900GTX with no major improvements. I could very well be wrong, but that is my opinion.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Arde0 said:
what is all relative is that the Killzone E3 noshow has been argued ad nauseum. That is all I was pointing out.

I see. I just can
t believe there are people still holind out hope that the final product will match last year's CG presentatioon.

lil dice,

What makes me believe that Killzone is possible is that MGS4 looks so AMAZING so far and they plan on making it look even better. If MGS4 looks as good as it does now I see no reason for it to be unlikely for the folks making Killzone to reach their render target.

Just like with Motorstorm. They are making very good progress. Their current graphics are NOT there yet, but by launch I think there will be significant improvements.

I think the folks at Killzone just don't want to release anything until they have matched their render target.

GhaleonEB

makeitlookreal said:
lil dice,

What makes me believe that Killzone is possible is that MGS4 looks so AMAZING so far and they plan on making it look even better. If MGS4 looks as good as it does now I see no reason for it to be unlikely for the folks making Killzone to reach their render target.

Just like with Motorstorm. They are making very good progress. Their current graphics are NOT there yet, but by launch I think there will be significant improvements.

I think the folks at Killzone just don't want to release anything until they have matched their render target.
MGS4 looks good but the Killzone trailer was CRAZY. As has been discussed ad nausium...

Ok. I am willing to take another look at Killzone. I have never watched a 720P clip of it. Could you provide me with a link please and I would be more than willing to watch it.

Chiggs said:
I think you should name some names, and let's make sure every brand is accounted for.

What would the point of that be? Do you take umbridge with my assessment that there are pleny of people on the forum who delight in putting down stuff other people like? And yes, there naysayers against every brand, who enter threads for that express purpose (as opposed to it coming up in an opinion thread).

Lil' Dice

Banned
makeitlookreal said:
lil dice,

You forgot one thing though. MGS4 is being developed by Konami, whose MGS team has always pushed a system's envelope. The latter is being developed by a studio that brough us such turds as the original Killzone, and Shellshocked Nam '67.
Not to mention thet weren't even responsible for that CG trailer they showed last year.
All signs point to the Killzone franchise suffering the same fate it did when it was dubbed "the Halo killer" with it's firts iteration....

Lil' Dice said:
You forgot one thing though. MGS4 is being developed by Konami, whose MGS team has always pushed a system's envelope. The latter is being developed by a studio that brough us such turds as the original Killzone, and Shellshocked Nam '67.
Not to mention thet weren't even responsible for that CG trailer they showed last year.
All signs point to the Killzone franchise suffering the same fate it did when it was dubbed "the Halo killer" with it's firts iteration....

I'm pretty sure the Guerrilla Games that made those games doesn't resemble much the Guerrilla Games that's making KZ2.

SolidSnakex said:
If that were the case people wouldn't bring it up so often. There is alot of hype surrounding it, and if Guerrilla can deliver a quality game with KZL as it looks like they will its only going to boost that hype. That's why its very importantt hat they pull it off.

that is what i posted. kz launched as a universally poor game coming off a big hype. it went silently under. only a CG pass off as game respark the interests whether is good or bad interests.

I dont want to upset kz fans because i respect all games fans but i feel upset if something is used for e-penis duel. We shall see about kzl. said the same thing about kz after sellshit numb.

Moderation Unlimited said:
You're taking what I said out of context. It's the general acceptance of the concepts and ideas that is important to the likes of Guerilla and Sony. People like the ideas behind that trailer (story, scenario, portrayed level of interaction, art design, etc), aside from just the portrayed level of detail of the graphics. Most likely that level of graphical fidelity will not be reached, but more importantly, the types of interactions portrayed by the trailer, if successfully incorporated into the final game, would be innovative in and of themselves. Many times people don't realize what they are looking at when they are looking at it, even directly.

I did not do that.

Why make an easy statement thoughtful? People just love the CG eyecandy that is easy to script with a call to CG studio. I called them out for giving false hopes. Who talked about Heavenly Sword Resistance? all lips were on is it real! still talking about kz!!! meh. Interactions innovation. heh.

sorry you sound like marketing for kz :lol
are u? :eek!

I saw MGS4 and Man Raider. They are not kz good but real champs, they will improve some details and smoothed fps but not to a new level. They need to make a game. How long Square took to make Aeris details that are greater than FF13 chick? All said game have to ship have to run within confines of hardware, graphics on g70 little brother.

so i know i am safe to disbelieve the trailerfest. if i am wrong then tag my nick as killzowned.

btw there is much chance to spin!

[/1]Guerilla never say the trailer is real. It is represtantaion we are trying for.
[/2]selective taking worst part* of lowres CG compare to game, seems they met the target! [horrors of motorstrom CG gif apologist]

*graphics can tricked the eyes for details but we know inside its the sum of whole that wowed.

It doesn't even sound to me like fishie was all that wrong. He said there was no game design, but it turns out there were preliminary game designs, so he was wrong there. He said there were no in-game assets, turns out "initial work on in-game assets had .... commenced", and it's debatable as to whether that constitutes having in-game assets if you ask me. I can see how he could have been told things that would have made him genuinely, and even understandably, believe what he said.

duk

Banned
makeitlookreal said:
My guess is that the final Killzone visuals will match the 2005 E3 presentation. By the time the game is launched they will have final hardware and plenty of time to learn the ins and outs of the PS3. If MGS4 is any indication with enough time and manpower I think Killzone is more than possible.

Also, I am really hoping the final PS3's RSX will have something extra in it to give it at least a moderate boost over the common 7900GTX. I still think that too much work was done on the RSX for it to be a slightly modified 7900GTX with no major improvements. I could very well be wrong, but that is my opinion.

1. you can't match CG
2. MGS4 is nowhere near KZ CG, even though it looks GREAT
3. MGS4 can be done on 360 too, per Kojima himself
4. who said RSX is a modified 7900 GTX? we don't know nothing to that respect except:
- it's based on G7x
- it has half the memory bus
- setup triangle limit is 275 million polys/sec
- cannot do traditional HDR and MSAA at once

Kangu

Banned
duk said:
1. you can't match CG
4. who said RSX is a modified 7900 GTX? we don't know nothing to that respect except:
- it's based on G7x

You'll fit right in here with your second hand technical knowledge. Welcome!

duk said:
1. you can't match CG
- it's based on G7x

1. Why? How? What year's CG?
2. Nowhere near? Have you seen the battlefield in MGS4? Although it's not the same I wouldn't say "nowhere near".
3. How much will this particular damage control go on? Kojima said MGS4 could be on 360. He didn't specify that it would have the same graphics.
4. Deadmeat? Is that you?

Borys

Banned
Wow, adieu Fishie.

That's why I love GAF - even if you are an insider with lots of contacts and NDAs you still have to PUT UP or SHUT UP.

jett

D-Member
YES!!!!!!!!

Too bad I'm late to the partay, but it's never too late dance on fishie's grave.

*does the you'renotthefather dance*

I missed out on all the mayhem.

Heh, I guess I'm more of a half glass full kind of guy.

The one thing that really wasn't stressed to the end of being a bullet point of some presentation slid was the one thing that wasn't really promised, but is more important than some missing ports on the back of the console....the HDD in every PS3.

It's some funny reversal, but's all just about the downgrade huh guys?

Top Bottom