• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

s3gGMzH.gif

Adam: we think this franchise can be the next Souls in terms of popularity so, we help localizing it and it will come out simultaneously with the Japanese version.

continues dreaming.

Topping the content would be hard because of the pent up demand for the three big announcements. Many thought TLG was dead and that FF7R and Shenmue 3 were games that could just never happen. So to have all three be announced at the same conference was insane. There really aren't many other games out there with the same fan demand. You have Crash obviously and Half Life 3.

I can relate to your perspective, which incidentally happens to be the prevailing one. However, I was much more impressed with what I had seen of Horizon and Uncharted 4 than I did the announcements of Shenmue 3 and FF VII remake. Don't misunderstand me, the old gamer in me immensely enjoyed the fervor of the moment, to the point of contributing a fair share of `'`Holy Shit!`` posts, but after the dust had settled down; after I had finished digesting it all...I realized that I was more in anticipation of the new rather than the old, so to speak. So, while I admit that 2015 was a great show, I strongly believe that this year's, if approached and prepared in the same spirit and with the same contagious passion, can definitely dethrone it.

Aters

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who saw our marketing schedule and said "Fuck it"
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows
Dreams 2.0, better lock it

Off the top of my head. Eat that, marketing....

Oh boy. Hype is building up.

AudioEppa

PlayStation E3 press conference is basically the new early Christmas morning. Sony, take me to my happy place.

I have no expectations, just wow my under pants off.

I-hate-u

Adam: we think this franchise can be the next Souls in terms of popularity so, we help localizing it and it will come out simultaneously with the Japanese version.

continues dreaming.

Sony didn't do jack shit for Souls when it was new, and Namco totally saw the potential, published Demon's in Europe, and partnered with From on Dark Souls.

Sony didn't even publish the game outside Japan (Asia?). What a huge missed opportunity on a best new exclusive franchise for Playstation.

Boke1879

Sony didn't do jack shit for Souls when it was new, and Namco totally saw the potential, published Demon's in Europe, and partnered with From on Dark Souls.

Sony didn't even publish the game outside Japan (Asia?). What a huge missed opportunity on a best new exclusive franchise for Playstation.

True, but the Souls series probably benefited greatly by being multiplat.

I-hate-u

True, but the Souls series probably benefited greatly by being multiplat.

Yeah, awesome for Namco and From. They absolutely deserve it.

----------------

Gopher, please. E3 is 29 days away. Don't tease like that when there is still a month left.

Like, what in the hell can top the trio of last year other than Half Life 3? What?

wig

There's also the release date for Rise of the Tomb Raider and more Kingdom Hearts footage to look forward too!

I really doubt Sony would give them a platform to advertise their game on after the stunt they pulled.

Sony would also want to showcase UC4 on the Neo, not its competitor.

mejin

hahaha, true. But if Sony didn't publish the game in Japan we wouldn't have anything to localize in the first place. Namco wouldn't see the potential for western markets and no Dark Souls would rise. who knows lol

But one of the best thing about sony is that they learn from their mistakes and evolve. Hello, Bloodborne. Hello, new partnership with From.

Kojima 's new game is too early in development to be shown but that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the same kind of fervor last year's show did. Maybe RE2make is announced as a PS4 exclusive with gameplay shown? Perhaps Sony struck a deal with Rockstar for a new exclusive game (Agent lol). Those are the only types of announcements that would top last year. GOW4 everyone knows is coming. Crash is probably a given at this point but Activision will be behind it.

Sony have the commanding install base and the marketing money to get 3rd party exclusives if they want them so maybe we see some of those types of announcements coming back? Who knows it's E3 and anything is possible with these guys.

bitbydeath

Show all that we know
Makes for great shows

Warhawk is my dream 2.0.
People are still requesting it on a near daily basis on twitter, hopefully it does not go unnoticed.

Mediking

now there's a game they should show off a NEO version of. "look at how much better tomb raider looks!" a real fuck you to Microsoft

I have a feeling Tomb Raider is going to be treated like a stepchild now.

I really doubt Sony would give them a platform to advertise their game on after the stunt they pulled.

Sony would also want to showcase UC4 on the Neo, not its competitor.

I really wanna hear a release date for PS4 though. I've been avoiding Rise of the Tomb Raider spoilers for so long.... Hahah. I want avatars and themes too!

I really wanna hear a release date for PS4 though. I've been avoiding Rise of the Tomb Raider spoilers for so long.... Hahah. I want avatars and themes too!

Square released their financial report last week and TR is listed for a holiday release. So it'll be released between October-December.

Quoting because I would also like to know

Are they doing the movie theater thing this year?

They haven't said anything about it. But they never announce it alongside the initial announcement for the conference.

At this point, people who are fans of TR already played the game. So no point in advertising it at a Sony conf.

TR's largest fanbase is on PS consoles, so that's definitely not the case.

Mediking

Square released their financial report last week and TR is listed for a holiday release. So it'll be released between October-December.

HECK YEAH!

At this point, people who are fans of TR already played the game. So no point in advertising it at a Sony conf.

That's NOT true. I'm a huge fan of the reboot. I'm only a PS4 owner. I really do care about Rise of the Tomb Raider hitting PS4. I'm not getting a Xbox One until Scalebound releases.

They haven't said anything about it. But they never announce it alongside the initial announcement for the conference.

TR's largest fanbase is on PS consoles, so that's definitely not the case.

Cool, hoping I catch it in time to be able to go this year. Went the first year, but missed last year.

Likely won't be advertised because it'd get lost in all the hype for the newer titles. I can see blog posts and maybe a gameplay feature on the stream during E3 though

Daft Punk

Banned
Everybody over here hyping everything to the high heavens and I just want to see what the PSVR launch lineup looks like lol. I need info on Summer Lesson like yesterday.

Mikey Jr.

If you think Sony is going to give e3 time to tomb raider, then you are dumber than a bag of hammers.

Only way I could see it up there is if se offered to put something else up there as well.

But yeah, Sony would look weak as shit putting some old ass game that their competitor has had for months.

Red Dead at E3 or it's a bust for me. That is unless Sucker Punch announces a Spider-Man game that looks spectacular.

Don't hang your E3 hopes on Rockstar. They're bigger than that event and simply don't need it. That doesn't mean that they won't announce it there, but there really isn't much benefit for them doing that.

All I want is beta dates for Dreams, everything else is cake.

You're really big on Dreams Eggbok, I swear I don't mean to come off as sarcastic but I'm really happy for you. Although I don't "get it" mainly because Sony and MM haven't really sold me on it besides the "create" schtick, it's refreshing to see a big publisher trust one of their devs to make this wacky and zany title.

If you think Sony is going to give e3 time to tomb raider, then you are dumber than a bag of hammers.

Only way I could see it up there is if se offered to put something else up there as well.

But yeah, Sony would look weak as shit putting some old ass game that their competitor has had for months.

I sure as heck don't want to see it at E3 on Sony's stage. Last year's news....

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Show all that we know
Makes for great shows

Lmao, please let this be true. Show everything.

Mediking

No Sophitia no buy.

Namco can't even get Tekken 7 out yet.

This isn't a Nintendo conference. Third parties have new stuff to show.

tumblr_nqkar1O9HA1s59hlpo1_500.gif

Lmao the savagery. I still wanna hear Rise of the Tomb Raider's PS4 release date at E3. If it's not at Sony's conference then that's fine. I still wanna buy it. And hey.... I can't help but drool about a new Soul Calibur. So many dreams keep coming true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom