• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nqkar1O9HA1s59hlpo1_500.gif

Lmao the savagery. I still wanna hear Rise of the Tomb Raider's PS4 release date at E3. If it's not at Sony's conference then that's fine. I still wanna buy it. And hey.... I can't help but drool about a new Soul Calibur. So many dreams keep coming true!

I was half-joking. :p The game definitely won't be at the conference, but I'm interested in it as well. I'll buy it when it's released later this year.

Toli08

Are they showing Destiny 2 this year or save it for next years E3?

Give me a release date for FF7R pt1 and everything else after that is just gravy.

Menitta

I bet we're also gonna get the next SFV character trailer. This month is probably Boxer, so next month is probs Ibuki.

Give me a release date for FF7R pt1 and everything else after that is just gravy.

I think it'll be the fall expansion and then we will see destiny 2 stuff starting to flow out early next year

They have to do the e3 theater thing again. Seeing my fellow Philadelphians cry and spill popcorn when the last guardian was re-announced was funny as hell

FluxWaveZ

I bet we're also gonna get the next SFV character trailer. This month is probably Boxer, so next month is probs Ibuki.

There won't be a new SFV character in June, since that's when the Story Mode update will be. There could be an SFV Story Mode trailer, though.

Javin98

Banned
Malaysian Time: Tuesday, June 14, 9:00 a.m.

Perfect for me, I don't have a class until 1:00 p.m. on that day. The first E3 conference I'll be able to watch live. Hype!! Red Dead 3, Crash Bandicoot, God Of War 4, here we go!!

Menitta

There won't be a new SFV character in June, since that's when the Story Mode update will be. There could be an SFV Story Mode trailer, though.

Looks up DLC schedule

FUCK!! I just want Ibuki, damnit!

Well, that story mode is gonna be fun though...

Destiny expy 2 is more likely if the rumor about the delayed scheduled is true. FF7R is way too far off for them to confirm a release period, much less a date.

Top of my wish list is a persona 5 release date within 2016, Atlus said there were gonna be there at E3 showing off the game, and this is the mostly likely place for it to get a proper showing other than the exhibit floor.

I don't really want Rise of the Tomb Raider to be at Sony's conference.
Let Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix reap what they sow.
Sure, have it on the show floor in playable form. But giving more coverage to a game that's only about to be released on PS4 due to circumstances designed to hurt Sony would seem odd.

I don't really want Rise of the Tomb Raider to be at Sony's conference.
Let Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix reap what they sow.
Sure, have it on the show floor in playable form. But giving more coverage to a game that's only about to be released on PS4 due to circumstances designed to hurt Sony just doesn't seem right.
Luckily, the people in charge of these publicly traded, multi-billion dollar companies aren't as immature as forum dwellers would like them to be.

Software royalties and licensing fees mean that every sale of every game, no matter the circumstances of its release, is a financial win for a platform holder.

Nice edit, by the way~

I-hate-u

tumblr_nqkar1O9HA1s59hlpo1_500.gif

Lmao the savagery. I still wanna hear Rise of the Tomb Raider's PS4 release date at E3. If it's not at Sony's conference then that's fine. I still wanna buy it. And hey.... I can't help but drool about a new Soul Calibur. So many dreams keep coming true!

I bet Sony would rather take the 5 minutes they would use on RotTR PS4 and talk about the sales success of Uncharted 4 instead.

Luckily, the people in charge of these publicly traded, multi-billion dollar companies aren't as immature as forum dwellers would like them to be.

Software royalties and licensing fees mean that every sale of every game, no matter the circumstances of its release, is a financial win for a platform holder.

It's nothing to do with maturity etc. Sony would hopefully have plenty of their own plate. Why waste time on a game that's essentially a re-release?

Also for what it's worth I'm almost certain to be buying it when it comes out on PS4. I enjoyed the first one and am looking forwards to playing the sequel.

Nice edit, by the way~
Well, when I re-read my post it didn't really come off the way I wanted it to. Hence the edit. Are you implying something more nefarious?

Edit: Also just to keep you in the loop, I edited this post as well. I switched 'FYI' with 'For what it's worth'.

There is going to be another fall expansion and we'll most likely see that. As for the actual sequel, who knows. I highly doubt it though. They need something in their back pocket for early next year when they have a drought of content again.

Luckily, the people in charge of these multi-billion dollar, publicly traded companies aren't as immature as forum dwellers want them to be.

Nice edit, by the way~

I don't see Sony showing any ROTR footage at their E3 conference nor should they. If the late port doesn't sell it will be because PS4 owners chose other NEW games this upcoming holiday season. PlayStation won't be losing any revenue if it fails. The only people to losing out will be Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix, but they made their bed.

Mediking

I bet Sony would rather take the 5 minutes they would use on RotTR PS4 and talk about the sales success of Uncharted 4 instead.

Sony boasting its chest about Uncharted 4 sales will prolly happen within the first minutes of the conference.

I don't see Sony showing any ROTR footage at their E3 conference nor should they. If the late port doesn't sell it will be because PS4 owners chose other NEW games this upcoming holiday season so PlayStation won't be losing any revenue if it fails.

Um? Proud PS4 owner here. I have been buying alotta PS4 games this year. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be one of them. That deal with Microsoft doesn't bother me at all. I've been avoiding spoilers for so long. Hopefully PS4 owners will still give the game chance.

Elios83

I have a feeling Tomb Raider is going to be treated like a stepchild now.

It's not going to be covered at all. It's an old game.
It's up to Square Enix to release a trailer with the release date if they wish.

About the conference I don't expect hardware news since new hardware SKUs will be available in september at the earliest.
They have many new games and updates to talk about.
God of War 4 and Bend's new game will be the big new first party announcements.
Horizon will get a new demo as previously announced.
The Last Guardian a new trailer with the release date.
GT Sport might even skip E3 if the amount of news on May 19th is substantial, basically Polyphony plays its own game LOL.
Then I expect updates for key upcoming third party games like FFXV, FFVII remake (can't wait to see Tifa and the Wall Market :p).
Shenmue 3 might get its first gameplay trailer among with the news that Sega has finally found a way to remaster 1&2.
Too soon for Kojima's new game, other stuff like Gravity Rush 2, Ni No Kuni 2, Detroit, Wild will be kept for other events.
Then the usual amount of third party stuff where they got marketing rights (boring COD demo is inevitable).
A 10 minutes section will go to PSVR games since the launch is getting close and they need to promote it.

Basically I expect a solid show made of a few key new announcements + lots of updates about past big announcements.
Only potential megatons I see are: Crash is back, RE2 remake becomes ''play it first on PS4", Rockstar and Sony announce a deal for the next Red Dead game.
And I doubt any of them will happen.

Sony boasting its chest about Uncharted 4 sales will prolly happen within the first minutes of the conference.

Um? Proud PS4 owner here. I have been buying alotta PS4 games this year. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be one of them. That deal with Microsoft doesn't bother me at all. I've been avoiding spoilers for so long. Hopefully PS4 owners will still give the game chance.

People that have been waiting will buy it regardless of whether it gets shown at E3. E3 is for new games and idea, not year old ports. If they wanted hype on PS4 they should not have done a year long exclusivity deal with Xbox. What's that saying about having your cake and eating it too? I think it applies here.

Toli08

Destiny expy 2 is more likely if the rumor about the delayed scheduled is true. FF7R is way too far off for them to confirm a release period, much less a date.

Top of my wish list is a persona 5 release date within 2016, Atlus said there were gonna be there at E3 showing off the game, and this is the mostly likely place for it to get a proper showing other than the exhibit floor.

I can settle for a 2016 Persona 5 release date.

did they show the Taken King at last years E3? I don't remember if they did hmm.

Also a lot of openings for this year.
Battlefield is xbox, No assasins creed, no MGS.

Should be a entertaining E3.

DKHF

I don't think Sony have boasted about console or game sales at a conference in a long time... At the very least they haven't given out new console sales numbers at an E3/Gamescom/PGW/TGS conference in the last couple of years. So I doubt they will be talking about UC4 sales numbers at E3.

We've already been told there is no character release in June; thats when the Story Campaign is released. I do expect an outline of sorts of what else will be hitting with the June update to release sometime around E3 though for SFV. According to the current release schedule, Ibuki is July, Juri is August, Urien is Sept.

Javin98

Banned
Hey, guys, since we're talking about Crash Bandicoot so much, it got me thinking what a real bandicoot looks like. I must say that I was extremely shocked.
images

images

Mediking

People that have been waiting will buy it regardless of whether it gets shown at E3. E3 is for new games and idea, not year old ports. If they wanted hype on PS4 they should not have done a year long exclusivity deal with Xbox. What's that saying about having your cake and eating it too? I think it applies here.

Hahahaha in a twisted way... now I feel like convincing you to give Rise of the Tomb Raider a chance on PS4.

waterworld.gif

UnhappySleepyAntipodesgreenparakeet.gif

:p

Playing Uncharted 4 really does make me want Rise of the Tomb Raider all the more on PS4 though.

Mediking

Here's what I want from Sony's stage - Atlus has most certainly earned a spot there:

79848-e3-wait-e3-wait-we-made-it-it-s-e3-time.gif

??? The hype is real for Atlus and Square Enix. Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Star Ocean, Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy XV..... all games I really want alongside Persona 5.

Menitta

Hahahaha in a twisted way... now I feel like convincing you to give Rise of the Tomb Raider a chance on PS4.

waterworld.gif

Playing Uncharted 4 really does make me want Rise of the Tomb Raider all the more on PS4 though.

I've always been more interested in Tomb Raider than Uncharted, especially this one because it's got a survival horror aspect to it. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

waterworld.gif

You don't have to convince me as I laready plan to buy ROTR eventually...used and/or bargain bin.

I've always been more interested in Tomb Raider than Uncharted, especially this one because it's got a survival horror aspect to it. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Where did you see or read that because I don't think it is true.

FluxWaveZ

None of this stupid Persona 5 vs. Final Fantasy XV war bullshit. The fact that we're getting two very high profile, big budget console JRPGs in the same year should be glorified, not turned into some dumb "one or the other" nonsense. Hopefully they're both showcased at the conference.

None of this stupid Persona 5 vs. Final Fantasy XV war bullshit. The fact that we're getting two very high profile, big budget console JRPGs in the same year should be glorified, not turned into some dumb "one or the other" nonsense. Hopefully they're both showcased at the conference.
Thank you!

Yep, I'm incredibly excited for both.

Ray Down

Banned

Pretty much, always shake my head when shit like this pops up.

Lets all be happy both are coming, look good and hope both are big success cause the JRPG industry needs it.

This aint Civil War.

Surprised they moved it given how big they went with the last couple, with refreshments before and large attendance. The Shrine seats 10,000 less people than the arena did, so I wonder if they're really limiting attendance.

Ray Down

Banned
Surprised they moved it given how big they went with the last couple, with refreshments before and large attendance. The Shrine seats 10,000 less people than the arena did, so I wonder if they're really limiting attendance.

Isn't the Shrine a nicer venue though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom